PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Fabrice Grover (Amelius)

g.o.d
May 3rd, 2008, 04:04 AM
http://www.stargate-sg1-planet.de/archiv/grover2008-eng.html

he scene we shot for the prologue of the film was longer than it appears in the final edit. I guess a long philosophical debate about the nature of truth does not make for an action packed beginning to a movie! But I enjoyed the original dialogue.

great! :rolleyes: instead of that idiotic replicator part, they should have kept this original longer debate in the beginning. It would be much more interesting than shooting replicators aboard the Oddysey.

PG15
May 3rd, 2008, 11:25 AM
No thanks. I was happy for that whole scene to be over; if I want a philosophical debate, I'd read Plato.

Show, not tell please.

jelgate
May 3rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
No thanks. I was happy for that whole scene to be over; if I want a philosophical debate, I'd read Plato.

Show, not tell please.

No Aristole.:(:P

g.o.d
May 3rd, 2008, 12:45 PM

Show, not tell please.

of course, why should we have deeper insight into Alteran society and the Ori? It's much better to spend hours with shooting replicators :rolleyes:

I'm not expecting SG to be another Babylon 5, but it's still the same. Instead of having interesting debates and stories, we have brainless stories

PG15
May 3rd, 2008, 12:58 PM
That debate was about as interesting as a high school debate...as in not. I should know; I've been in plenty of those; especially about the nature of Truth.

Sorry, but I didn't see anything there that we didn't know already. Ancients value freewill, Ori gonna kill them, but they still are too good to use the Ark. Whatever stuff they cut, it would still end up in the same place. I don't see how much more "insightful" it'd get.

And no, I don't rather see more replicator fighting; I'd rather see LESS of a boring bit of dialogue badly acted out stretched even further.

Platschu
May 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM
I didn't know why they couldn't put the extended version next to the "normal" version on the AoT DVD. This film was made for the fans, so every minute is a gift. An 100-120 minutes long movie could be even better. ;) I would like to see the Area51 scene, where they destroyed the Ark at the end. :S

morjana
May 3rd, 2008, 03:28 PM

Show, not tell please.

To be is to do...Plato

To do is to be...Aristotle

Do be do be do...Sinatra

:)

Morjana

Fenrir Foxz
May 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
To be is to do...Plato

Do be do be do...Sinatra

Morjana

:lol:

Rosehawk
May 3rd, 2008, 06:11 PM
To be is to do...Plato

Do be do be do...Sinatra

Morjana
And don't forget the one and only Scooby Dooby Doo!

Rosehawk
May 3rd, 2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks g.o.d for the link to the article! :cool:

g.o.d
May 4th, 2008, 01:24 AM
I didn't know why they couldn't put the extended version next to the "normal" version on the AoT DVD. This film was made for the fans, so every minute is a gift. An 100-120 minutes long movie could be even better. ;) I would like to see the Area51 scene, where they destroyed the Ark at the end. :S

gift? Perhaps for you. For me, every minute was s despair

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
May 4th, 2008, 04:53 AM
g.o.d - you should really read GW's interview with Rob "Myth Maker parts 1 & 2"

g.o.d
May 4th, 2008, 05:47 AM
g.o.d - you should really read GW's interview with Rob "Myth Maker parts 1 & 2"

I already did. Why?

Platschu
May 4th, 2008, 08:32 AM
g.o.d. : Let yourself be entertained. This is only a light scifi TV show. :) You can't expect great drama scenes or long story arcs. ;)

Mitchell82
May 4th, 2008, 09:36 AM

Show, not tell please.

:lol: The scene was a perfect length. Too long and it would be boring.

g.o.d
May 4th, 2008, 10:01 AM
g.o.d. : Let yourself be entertained. This is only a light scifi TV show. :) You can't expect great drama scenes or long story arcs. ;)

I don't expect these things from SG

g.o.d
May 4th, 2008, 10:02 AM
:lol: The scene was a perfect length. Too long and it would be boring.

perhaps for you, but I need more:(

PG15
May 4th, 2008, 11:32 AM
More minutes of despair? :confused:

g.o.d
May 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM
More minutes of despair? :confused:

that scene was one of the few I liked in AoT

Integrabyte
May 5th, 2008, 12:12 AM
that scene was one of the few I liked in AoT

Next time you watch AOT,put it on loop, chillax and enjoy it.

g.o.d
May 5th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Next time you watch AOT,put it on loop, chillax and enjoy it.

I won't watch it again

Mister Oragahn
May 5th, 2008, 07:20 AM

great! :rolleyes: instead of that idiotic replicator part, they should have kept this original longer debate in the beginning. It would be much more interesting than shooting replicators aboard the Oddysey.

What a pity. This surely explains why the scene feels so rushed, impromptu, coming out of nowhere and ending as puzzlingly as it started.