X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview with Fabrice Grover (Amelius)

http://www.stargate-sg1-planet.de/ar...r2008-eng.html

he scene we shot for the prologue of the film was longer than it appears in the final edit. I guess a long philosophical debate about the nature of truth does not make for an action packed beginning to a movie! But I enjoyed the original dialogue.
    great! instead of that idiotic replicator part, they should have kept this original longer debate in the beginning. It would be much more interesting than shooting replicators aboard the Oddysey.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

No thanks. I was happy for that whole scene to be over; if I want a philosophical debate, I'd read Plato.

Show, not tell please.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      No thanks. I was happy for that whole scene to be over; if I want a philosophical debate, I'd read Plato.

Show, not tell please.
      No Aristole.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Show, not tell please.
        of course, why should we have deeper insight into Alteran society and the Ori? It's much better to spend hours with shooting replicators

I'm not expecting SG to be another Babylon 5, but it's still the same. Instead of having interesting debates and stories, we have brainless stories
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

That debate was about as interesting as a high school debate...as in not. I should know; I've been in plenty of those; especially about the nature of Truth.

Sorry, but I didn't see anything there that we didn't know already. Ancients value freewill, Ori gonna kill them, but they still are too good to use the Ark. Whatever stuff they cut, it would still end up in the same place. I don't see how much more "insightful" it'd get.

And no, I don't rather see more replicator fighting; I'd rather see LESS of a boring bit of dialogue badly acted out stretched even further.

Comment

I didn't know why they couldn't put the extended version next to the "normal" version on the AoT DVD. This film was made for the fans, so every minute is a gift. An 100-120 minutes long movie could be even better. I would like to see the Area51 scene, where they destroyed the Ark at the end.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Show, not tell please.
              To be is to do...Plato

To do is to be...Aristotle

Do be do be do...Sinatra

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                To be is to do...Plato

Do be do be do...Sinatra

Morjana

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                  To be is to do...Plato

Do be do be do...Sinatra

Morjana
                  And don't forget the one and only Scooby Dooby Doo!
                  sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Thanks g.o.d for the link to the article!
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      I didn't know why they couldn't put the extended version next to the "normal" version on the AoT DVD. This film was made for the fans, so every minute is a gift. An 100-120 minutes long movie could be even better. I would like to see the Area51 scene, where they destroyed the Ark at the end.
                      gift? Perhaps for you. For me, every minute was s despair
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

g.o.d - you should really read GW's interview with Rob "Myth Maker parts 1 & 2"
                        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                          g.o.d - you should really read GW's interview with Rob "Myth Maker parts 1 & 2"
                          I already did. Why?
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

g.o.d. : Let yourself be entertained. This is only a light scifi TV show. You can't expect great drama scenes or long story arcs.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Show, not tell please.
                              The scene was a perfect length. Too long and it would be boring.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X