This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats So Special....

About the Atlantis stargate. Its the only one capable of getting to Milky Way. Does that mean the Earth gates only one capable of getting to....whichever I cant remember.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Spoilers for Home.
    Spoiler:
    It's not the Gate, it's the DHD. It's the only one which will allow the Gate to bypass the lock on the seventh chevron. All the others will automatically lock when you reach seven symbols; since you have to dial eight to go intergalactic, you can't go from Pegasus to Earth without a special DHD...or a barely-functional, Macguyver'd computer botch-up.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Was that a good or bad idea? I mean cause what if ATL gets taken over by the wraith, and SGA-Teams go through the gate to get offworld, and forget to take the DHD control crystal? They would have no way to get an 8th chevron on another planet right? They would have to somehow get back to ATL correct?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Yea, the point of it is that if the wraith are as powerful as the ancients, they probably have a power source similar to a ZPM. If this wasn't setup in the plot, then the Wraith would just be dialing other galaxies.
        Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
          Was that a good or bad idea? I mean cause what if ATL gets taken over by the wraith, and SGA-Teams go through the gate to get offworld, and forget to take the DHD control crystal? They would have no way to get an 8th chevron on another planet right? They would have to somehow get back to ATL correct?
          Two words: Self Destruct.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
            Spoilers for Home.
            Spoiler:
            It's not the Gate, it's the DHD. It's the only one which will allow the Gate to bypass the lock on the seventh chevron. All the others will automatically lock when you reach seven symbols; since you have to dial eight to go intergalactic, you can't go from Pegasus to Earth without a special DHD...or a barely-functional, Macguyver'd computer botch-up.
            Spoiler:
            Hmm i think it is not the DHD. I think its the DHD crystal
            "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
              Spoiler:
              Hmm i think it is not the DHD. I think its the DHD crystal
              Spoiler:
              But note that they have to rewire the DHD in Home to fit the new crystal, not just snap it in. Thus, special DHD with extra crystal.

Comment

ok thanks pall! thats my question answered!
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

it also depends on the ammount of power given to the atlantis/earth gate, gate like a zpm. they needed one to dial atlantis in the pilot. im not aying that if you have a zpm for any gate that u can dial another galaxy, though, only the atlantis or earth one.
                  ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Hmm. So, I'm guessing the reason we can Use 8 Chevron locks on Earth is because of the computer program written by O'Neill in 'The Fifth Race'.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                      Hmm. So, I'm guessing the reason we can Use 8 Chevron locks on Earth is because of the computer program written by O'Neill in 'The Fifth Race'.
                      Hmmm, an interesting thought.
                      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                        A good idea, but even with the program you'd still need a 8th crystal.
                        sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                          A good idea, but even with the program you'd still need a 8th crystal.
                          Well, no you wouldn't, because the dialing computer doesn't use any crystals. It's got silicon chips, PCBs and semiconductors.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                            Well, no you wouldn't, because the dialing computer doesn't use any crystals. It's got silicon chips, PCBs and semiconductors.
                            Treu, but Earth is the only Gate with a dialing computer.
                            What if you want to dial Atlantis from a Gate with a DHD ?
                            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                              Treu, but Earth is the only Gate with a dialing computer.
                              What if you want to dial Atlantis from a Gate with a DHD ?
                              Then the program is no bloody good to you anyway. What would you do, wave a floppy disk at the Gate?

Comment

Working...
                              X