This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idea for pier space on atlantis

scenario: the sgc/ioa are doing some doomsday scenarios to try to prepare for one, and they imagine what to do if atlantis is unable to cloak/shield, and do not have a earth vessel in orbit or in system, sure, there may still be the defensive railguns that were used in the siege episodes, but hardly effective against something like a hiveship/hive cruiser, the result would be for atlantis to have it 's own number of f-302's parked on it's vacant (at least vacant looking from the cg-shots) piers to be able to bolster it's puddlejumper fleet, in terms of value, an f-302 is replaceable, a puddle jumper is not replaceable(excluding episodes where they stumble on a cache of ancient tech( the tower)) i can imagine there is enough free pier space to have some hangars and a runway and all the other bits and bolts to make it work ?.

i just bring this up because my favorite advanced technological hardware earth/sgc has made is the F-302.

with the exception of the hyperspace window generators, it looks like a design that is getting more and more feasible in real life

edit: accidently typed RL instead of real life, damned mmo's (except maybe for stargate worlds, which i'm probably curiousity bound to try)

Originally posted by moriktherogue View Post
    scenario: the sgc/ioa are doing some doomsday scenarios to try to prepare for one, and they imagine what to do if atlantis is unable to cloak/shield, and do not have a earth vessel in orbit or in system, sure, there may still be the defensive railguns that were used in the siege episodes, but hardly effective against something like a hiveship/hive cruiser, the result would be for atlantis to have it 's own number of f-302's parked on it's vacant (at least vacant looking from the cg-shots) piers to be able to bolster it's puddlejumper fleet, in terms of value, an f-302 is replaceable, a puddle jumper is not replaceable(excluding episodes where they stumble on a cache of ancient tech( the tower)) i can imagine there is enough free pier space to have some hangars and a runway and all the other bits and bolts to make it work ?.

i just bring this up because my favorite advanced technological hardware earth/sgc has made is the F-302.

with the exception of the hyperspace window generators, it looks like a design that is getting more and more feasible in real life

edit: accidently typed RL instead of real life, damned mmo's (except maybe for stargate worlds, which i'm probably curiousity bound to try)
    From what I recall from Grace Under Pressure there are already 302s on Atlantis. Sheppard had the winch system attached to his jumper

Transcript

SHEPPARD: Well, Doctors Moore and McNab are here to study the ocean on M8R-1229, which happens to be under a thick sheet of ice, so they brought a thousand-foot cable and a pretty powerful winch to lower their instruments.

WEIR: OK.

SHEPPARD (gesturing to a nearby scientist): And Edgar over here is responsible for the magnetic grapple designed to lower the F-302s into our Jumper Bay.

WEIR: And you intend to put the two together.
    sigpic
    If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
    I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

great catch ashman, i had forgotten that little tidbit from that episode, too bad nothing else has come from that,like showing that the the upper jumper bay has a bay door on the side in addition to the one in the ceiling and floor, like the lower puddle jumper bay that is currently submersed, (midseason 2 parter from season 3, 2nd part), because atm, if i recall correctly, an f-302's is a SHTOL(short horizontal take off & land. atm the ceiling and floor bay doors are only good for VTOL capable crafts

EDIT: if the side door in the upper bay is shown to have a side door, i can be convinced they can make some kind of linear acceleration launcher to shoot them out like current jets off of aircraft carriers are launched. or, since the jumper bay is so high, they might get away without the linear launcher. and have the f-302's gain manuvearability shortly after falling a certain distance
      Last edited by moriktherogue; 02 May 2008, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X