PDA

View Full Version : "Outsiders" (513) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

PG15
April 29th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Writer: Alan McCullough
Director: Will Waring

---

Mentioned twice = gets episode thread.

We have an idea for episode 12 (and are looking for a suitable location)

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/22/march-22-2008-yet-another-upcoming-guest-and-the-baron-takes-out-a-loan/

At this point, the schedule looks something like this: [...] We have Alan McCullough’s location episode (q.v. yesterday‘s David Hassel Hoffan entry),

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/04/29/april-29-2008-on-the-set-of-whispers/

^That one refers to:

Next to thinking up with episode titles, coming up with names for aliens and off-world villagers is one of the most challenging aspects of this job. In preparation for an upcoming script, we recently set aside time to brainstorm some terrific names. So far, we’ve got: Philip Seymour Hoffan, Felicity Hoffan, Carey the story’s pariah (aka Pariah Carey), and, my favorite, David Hassel the Hoffan (aka David Hassel Hoffan). An entire afternoon well spent.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/04/28/april-28-2008-whispers-day-5/

ussrelativity
April 30th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I wonder how many more threads you will make in here.

PG15
April 30th, 2008, 10:45 AM
At least two. ;)

Redhooks
April 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM
At least two. ;)
No Official Countdown Thread this year? :lol:

PG15
April 30th, 2008, 02:14 PM

At least three.

:D

GoSpikey
April 30th, 2008, 02:23 PM
:lol:

Jeff O'Connor
April 30th, 2008, 03:20 PM
This episode sounds incredible. One of my closet desires has always been being given the opportunity to watch John Sheppard and David Hasselhoff go head-to-head.

All we need now is a talking Jumper. We could call him... Gateship One.

Mitchell82
April 30th, 2008, 04:19 PM
This episode sounds incredible. One of my closet desires has always been being given the opportunity to watch John Sheppard and David Hasselhoff go head-to-head.

Please tell me you are kidding.

Fenrir Foxz
April 30th, 2008, 07:41 PM

:S

LOL ...We already do and is name is Jumper_One :P

Please tell me you are kidding.

:indeed:

Jumper_One
May 1st, 2008, 10:43 AM
LOL ...We already do and is name is Jumper_One :P

you called? :P

Fenrir Foxz
May 1st, 2008, 10:44 AM
you called? :P

Just making a point that there is already a talking Jumper :P

jelgate
May 1st, 2008, 10:45 AM

A little too much talking for my taste.:P

Jumper_One
May 1st, 2008, 10:49 AM

talking and walking :D

A little too much talking for my taste.:P

:rolleyes: :P

Platschu
May 1st, 2008, 11:28 AM

A Cylon type KITT would be too much for the viewers. :)

Mitchell82
May 1st, 2008, 11:29 AM
A Cylon type KITT would be too much for the viewers. :)

Not for me that I would like.

PG15
May 8th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I assume it's this episode Joe's talking about...

On the brighter side, both Alan and Carl have episode titles for their scripts. Outsiders will be Alan’s follow-up to The Queen

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/05/08/may-8-2008-production-update/

Heh...an on-location episode titled "Outsiders". :D

Killdeer
May 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Heh...an on-location episode titled "Outsiders".

Hopefully it will be better than Alan's episode "Insiders". :lol:

I'm actually serious - Insiders is on my "Worst Ever" list.

ussrelativity
May 8th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Hopefully it will be better than Alan's episode "Insiders". :lol:

I'm actually serious - Insiders is on my "Worst Ever" list.

I liked it. I thought it was good.

Killdeer
May 8th, 2008, 07:06 PM

Insiders? I remember it as the episode where everyone completely lost their brains. :( It was an excellent example of what Shadowmaat refers to as "lobotomizing" the characters in pursuit of a plot.

PG15
May 8th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I thought it was...alright (note the hesitation). ;)

Either way, I think Alan M has improved by leaps and bounds since his move over to Atlantis, so I think he'll do well.

Killdeer
May 8th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I thought it was...alright (note the hesitation). ;)

:lol: That's quite a criticism coming from you PG15. :D

Either way, I think Alan M has improved by leaps and bounds since his move over to Atlantis, so I think he'll do well.

That's true. I think there's still room for improvement (I didn't appreciate what he did to Teyla in Kindred 2, for example), but yes, he's definitely gotten better.

GoSpikey
May 9th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Mentioned twice = gets episode thread.

Shouldn't that be changed, now? :P

GoSpikey
May 9th, 2008, 08:46 AM
That's true. I think there's still room for improvement (I didn't appreciate what he did to Teyla in Kindred 2, for example), but yes, he's definitely gotten better.

Did Joe write K1 and TLM himself?

The writing for K2 (Michael/Teyla) was done so differently. In K1, he was cautiously approaching her, only to stick a needle in her in K2... :S

Either Michael is supposed to be bipolar, or it's the writing... It's difficult to guess when different people write the scenes.

Although Joe would have taken his red pen if it wasn't supposed to go like that.

:o

He'll do good on The Queen, though. :P

Killdeer
May 9th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Did Joe write K1 and TLM himself?

The writing for K2 (Michael/Teyla) was done so differently. In K1, he was cautiously approaching her, only to stick a needle in her in K2... :S

Either Michael is supposed to be bipolar, or it's the writing... It's difficult to guess when different people write the scenes.

Although Joe would have taken his red pen if it wasn't supposed to go like that.

He'll do good on The Queen, though. :P
Joe Mallozzi wrote Kindred 1, Alan wrote Kindred 2, Paul Mullie wrote The Last Man.

Alan's writing this episode, Daedalus Variations, and The Queen.

Mitchell82
May 9th, 2008, 10:15 AM

As did I though I really love eps with Ba'al.

PG15
May 14th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Update:

I returned to the production offices late this afternoon - anxious, exhausted, slightly nauseous, and more than a little combative. In other words, I was in a the perfect mood to give a fellow writer notes on his latest script. Today, that writer happened to be Alan McCullough. The script: Outsiders. Alas, I got to do very little screaming/script-throwing/couch-jumping. Alan wrote a solid first draft of what is going to be a really good episode. Damnit! And I’d made it a point to wear my couch-jumping shoes today too.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/may-14-2008-breaking-botmc-news-updates-on-my-impending-nervous-breakdown/

PG15
May 21st, 2008, 06:31 PM
Pic: A Mine (http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/dsc07924.jpg)

From: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/05/21/may-21-2008-ballroom-dancing-linked-to-mad-cow-disease/

PG15
May 25th, 2008, 05:18 PM
^Ok, upon closer inspection of that concept drawing, it appears that this episode is actually episode 513, not 512.

GoSpikey
May 26th, 2008, 03:31 AM
Tut, tut.

*Spanks PG*

;)

Lythisrose
May 27th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Gateworld Article (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/05/first_plot_info_for_outsiders.shtml) from May 27

Platschu
May 27th, 2008, 09:12 PM
It seems to be an interesting political episode again. I like that almost every story involves the Wraith in this season. :wraithanime11:

GoSpikey
May 28th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Yippie!

See? Weakened Wraith does NOT equal no more Wraith eps outside the Todd ones! :lol:

Yet I wonder if the expedition still know what they're doing. Michael will like that they are mixing his Hoffan drugged people among the real ones to potentially do more damage to the Wraith again.

:D

pilgrim soul
May 28th, 2008, 04:35 AM
That article doesn't get me terribly excited about this episode BUT I do like Alan M's writing a great deal so hopefully we'll get a nice action packed team ep.

redrama9
May 28th, 2008, 05:49 AM
This episode sounds like it has a boring plot

TBA
May 28th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Sounds like a 'mehpisode' to me...

g.o.d
May 28th, 2008, 06:11 AM
still the same....Line in the sand( which was great) and Letters from Pegasus.

dealing with annoying villagers who would rather die than escape and live on another planet.

why the heck can't they be more original???

prion
May 28th, 2008, 07:57 AM
http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1322

excerpt:

"Outsiders"

The Balarans are survivors of Michael's release of the modified Hoffan
drug and have joined the village of another planet as a place of refuge
where Dr. Beckett is working in a clinic. They considered their
survival as a blessing until they learn that the Wraith are on their
way to their new homeworld to wipe them out.

---------------------
wait, wait, beckett left alone while the wraith are around. haven't we seen this plot BEFORE? isn't this what got Beckett into trouble in the first place??

alas, there's little info out on this so it's hard to tell if it'll be good or not, but don't have high expectations of it so far...

SGFerrit
May 28th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Well, atleast no one can complain about a lack of Wraith this year!

We have:

Search and Resuce
Broken Ties
Whispers (sort of)
The Queen
Tracker
First Contact
The Lost Tribe
Outsiders

And there are probably more... Add to this the new Lost Tribe, The Coalition and the enemy from TDV, and I think their will be a fair amount of peril this year:D

It sounds like this ep will be a kind of back-to-basics ep dealing with Wraith attacks, which I personally am happy about. It is written by Alan M, and I really like his writing so I am looking forward to this. Plus it has Carson in it. And a mine by the looks of things, which could be interesting.

TBA
May 28th, 2008, 08:00 AM
alas, there's little info out on this so it's hard to tell if it'll be good or not, but don't have high expectations of it so far...

Indeed... Unless the info is only about the beginning of the episode, while the rest of the episode will deal with the Wraith and some unexpected stuff.

SGFerrit
May 28th, 2008, 08:03 AM
wait, wait, beckett left alone while the wraith are around. haven't we seen this plot BEFORE? isn't this what got Beckett into trouble in the first place??

From what I can tell, Beckett won't be alone with the Wraith, I expect the rest of the team show up as soon as they find out that the Wraith are on their way to wipe out the planet's inhabitants.

Lythisrose
May 28th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Well, atleast no one can complain about a lack of Wraith this year!
It sounds like this ep will be a kind of back-to-basics ep dealing with Wraith attacks, which I personally am happy about. It is written by Alan M, and I really like his writing so I am looking forward to this. Plus it has Carson in it. And a mine by the looks of things, which could be interesting.

So it seems that the Wraith are going around trying to clean up after Michael and wipe out anyone who survived the Hoffan virus. They must have their wraithworshippers spying everywhere to find these little pockets of humanity.

Also, the spoiler news may have come from a casting call for the guest actors. So possibly we are only seeing what affects their characters in the ep, not the parts where the regulars are more front and center?

pilgrim soul
May 28th, 2008, 09:32 AM
^The spoilers are almost certainly from casting sides, so you're right we're not seeing the whole picture here only a snap shot of what is happening.

Putting a positive spin on things perhaps we'll get a nice old fashioned action adventure team ep - when done right that's not a bad thing at all.

GoSpikey
May 28th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Well, I for one like the episode, even if it's going to be a 'more boring one' on first sight, according to some people, because it's something that needs to be told.

So I'm happy they're showing it. ;)

I think I'm VERY HAPPY about this season!

Platschu
May 28th, 2008, 12:55 PM
The spoiler could be told in 5 minutes if Sheppard or the leaders will refer back in a dialog, so I think it is only the beginning. :)

GoSpikey
May 28th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Very true. Maybe they'll even blow up another Hive! :P

It's been SO LONG! :o

Just as long as it's not Todd, or his Alliance.

But Todd himself shouldn't be chasing them, as he's probably managed to make himself and his Hive an antidote, right? :P

Reiko
May 28th, 2008, 02:02 PM
» Carson is in this episode! :D

GoSpikey
May 28th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Yay! :D

Maybe Carson can be on the Hive when we blo- er... :o

Reiko
May 28th, 2008, 04:56 PM
» You are going to get it someday :P

» (I could pull something really dirty out of what you said (think blow), but decided against it :P:o)

GoSpikey
May 28th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Promise? :o

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2008, 04:59 PM
still the same....Line in the sand( which was great) and Letters from Pegasus.

dealing with annoying villagers who would rather die than escape and live on another planet.

why the heck can't they be more original???

This doesn't even remotely seem similar to those eps. I admit it doesn't sound like an action packed ep though it could still be interesting. It could go either way ie could be great or not so great.

GoSpikey
May 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Well, the Wraith will probably arrive at the scene, and start shooting/flying over/cull or whatever, so... Action possibility is there!

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Well, the Wraith will probably arrive at the scene, and start shooting/flying over/cull or whatever, so... Action possibility is there!

Very true. I don't watch eps just for action so I'm quite flexible. Some of my favorite eps weren't action ones.(Urgo for example)

jelgate
May 28th, 2008, 05:21 PM
You like Urgo:eek: That episode is just as bad Irr's of SGA S3.

Jumper_One
May 28th, 2008, 05:29 PM

:eek: you don't like Urgo??? ;)

Reiko
May 28th, 2008, 05:30 PM
» A lot of the non-actions ones are actually some of my favourites, oddly enough. PTW, Before I Sleep, Duet, Trinity, Critical Mass, Real World, and Tao of Rodney immediately come to mind. :)

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2008, 05:49 PM

No I don't like Urgo...I love Urgo! It is one of my all time favorite eps.

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2008, 05:50 PM
» A lot of the non-actions ones are actually some of my favourites, oddly enough. PTW, Before I Sleep, Duet, Trinity, Critical Mass, Real World, and Tao of Rodney immediately come to mind. :)

I recognize all those except PTW whats that one?

PG15
May 28th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Poisoning the Well.

And I love Urgo! Dom deLuise was brilliant.

Mitchell82
May 28th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Poisoning the Well.
D'oh! Brain fart.:danielanime05:

And I love Urgo! Dom deLuise was brilliant.
Agreed.

jelgate
May 28th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Notice how Reiko only listed SGA episodes:P

TBA
May 29th, 2008, 05:59 AM
More spoilers!

I admit, these spoilers turned my expectations of a 'mehpisode' to a possibly awesome story.

The Outsiders -- called Balarans -- are a group of people who took refugee on another planet after the Wraith distroyed their home. Most of the natives wolcomed them to their home a long time ago, but a few still don't want them there. Now enter ther Wraith. The Wraith propose a deal: you hand out the group and we will refrain from killing you all. What makes the group so special? They are survivors of the infamous plague, and therefor not only immune to Wraith feeding, but also will it kill any Wraith attempting to feed on them.

Enter SGA-1 plus Beckett. Of course Sheppard and Co. ain't happy that innocent people are probably/maybe/whatever handed over to the Wraith, so Sheppard barges into a meeting of several councillors and proposes a deal of his own: they take them to a different planet where they can all live on in peace. Some of them, like Elson and Renni, are willing to consider it, relctantly but still, but Jervis isn't so kind. He tells them he never agreed to let the Outsiders come to the planet in the first place. Now, on top of it, they are a threat. In the end, they don't have a choice.

Since they are always this lucky, nothing goes as planned, and without giving too much away, they lock up Jervis and his men. Just to be sure, they decide to hide the Outsiders in the mine as well. One of the Balarans, Sefaris, makes a deal with the wraith to save his life: he offers Beckett to them if they spare his life. Soon after Beckett and McKay get captured, but Sefaris isn't so well off either. Sheppard doesn't react well when he notices the two disappeared and pays a visit to Jervis. Faced with a gun pointed at his head, the man denies having anything to do with it and provides him with another perspective. Sheppard leaves.

On the Hive ship, McKay and Beckett are working. Beckett isn't doing so well, though.

Meanwhile, a worried and very nervous Elson visits Jervis in his cell. He says that Jervis was right all along, that they should have listened to him, for even though the Atlanteans' claim to have a "plan", he isn't sure it's going to do anything but risk all their lives. He asks if Jervis could make the Wraith honor the original deal. To make the man believe he's serious, Elson gives him the keys to the cell and tells him where the Outsiders are hiding.

On board of the Hive, there's something fishy going on as well...

From: http://chocolate84.livejournal.com/71087.html#cutid1

naamiaiset
May 29th, 2008, 06:04 AM
:indeed: those details make it sound more promising.

S5 is just full of double-crosses isn't it?

TBA
May 29th, 2008, 06:06 AM
Looks like we'll be getting some more McBeckett interactions as well!

GoSpikey
May 29th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Yay on that season, man! :lol:

prion
May 30th, 2008, 04:00 AM
^The spoilers are almost certainly from casting sides, so you're right we're not seeing the whole picture here only a snap shot of what is happening.

Putting a positive spin on things perhaps we'll get a nice old fashioned action adventure team ep - when done right that's not a bad thing at all.

all these spoilers come from a few pages of sides (7, according to one site), which fans then speculate on how it goes. no fan site has all the details. I really don't have high expectations for season 5 ... that way if something does turn out to be great I can be pleasantly surprised ;)

Reiko
May 30th, 2008, 07:03 AM
» A pleasant surprise is something I could really use at the moment :o

GoSpikey
May 30th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Darn, this ep is in the back half... :(

Reiko
May 30th, 2008, 07:47 PM
» It does seem they are nicely spacing out the Carson eps, though.

jelgate
May 30th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I think thats a good thing for the Carson fanatics. If my favorite character was going to be used in limitied capacity, I would like it to be spread out.

GoSpikey
May 31st, 2008, 10:05 AM
They pushed all of Todd's performances together...

I should ask Joe if he can put The Queen back on the 9th position cos then that DVD won't have to leave the DVD-player anymore. :P

Todd had better be in the season's opener of 6. :D

jelgate
May 31st, 2008, 05:38 PM
You probably know more than me Spikey, but could CH's schedule have been a factor.

GoSpikey
June 1st, 2008, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't know. At least he's not the executive producer of that show...

I like him as Todd, but I haven't seen much of his other work yet.

prion
June 4th, 2008, 04:23 PM
DAVID HEWLETT'S BLOG
June 4 2008

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/content/view/166/

excerpt:

Okay, I'll admit it...I'm confused. We're shooting three episodes, roughly at the same time, this week and I'm just completely wiped out. This is the time in the season where I personally become just about as grumpy and McKay-like as is acceptable in polite society. McGillion was in today so I gladly took most of it out on him...he loves it! He was here to shoot one scene from the episode we start on Friday ("Outsiders" is it?) and the rest of the day is "Inquisition". I'm just focusing on making sure I say the right lines for the right episodes and not kill anyone (or more likely have anyone kill me!) in the process ;-)

REST AT LINK ABOVE

PG15
June 4th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Some production art: http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/dsc08268.jpg

From: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/04/june-4-2008-new-studies-suggest-young-people-living-longer-than-old-people/

Mitchell82
June 4th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I wouldn't know. At least he's not the executive producer of that show...

I like him as Todd, but I haven't seen much of his other work yet.

I know I probably should know this but what other show is CH on?

PG15
June 4th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Sanctuary, perhaps?

GoSpikey
June 5th, 2008, 05:06 AM
;)

*Watches "The Serpent's Venom"*

Jumper_One
June 5th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I know I probably should know this but what other show is CH on?

Sanctuay, Smallville etc

Christopher Heyerdahl (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382216/) ;)

naamiaiset
June 5th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Sanctuary
a good series by the way. :D

GoSpikey
June 5th, 2008, 02:15 PM
If I just had a decent computer to check it out... :S

PG15
June 5th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Update:

Cheeky Lil Devil also writes: “I meant to ask you, who’s directing Outsiders?”

Answer: The great Will Waring.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/05/june-5-2008-corn-dog-wins-best-in-show/

jelgate
June 5th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I have a feeling that Cheeky lil Devil is an evil lady.

:P

Linzi
June 5th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I have a feeling that Cheeky lil Devil is an evil lady.

Really? How did it take you so long to come to that conclusion? ;) :p

jelgate
June 6th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I actually took me 30 seconds after I met her. I just didn't want to ruin whats left of her reputation.

Hi Peg

prion
June 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/06/june-6-2008-mime-trapped-in-invisible-box-for-11-days-bystanders-assumed-it-was-part-of-act/

No mailbag today. I’m taking the night off. Instead, enjoy not one but two clips from my visit to the Outsiders set. Click on the links:

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view&current=Outsidersvillage.flv

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view&current=Outsidersvillagescene.flv

prion
June 9th, 2008, 04:35 PM
June 9th

One dozen photos of the village people from OUTSIDERS at

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/09/june-9-2008-chinchilla-wins-mayorlty-race-in-san-monito-county/

naamiaiset
June 9th, 2008, 04:46 PM
http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/dsc08433.jpg

I like that one. wonder if it gets any use in the episode.

PG15
June 9th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Someone should translate that.

naamiaiset
June 9th, 2008, 04:54 PM
if I had any idea what symbol is which letter, I'd try. :p

naamiaiset
June 9th, 2008, 04:58 PM
nevermind... I found this.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Jhag_Icarium/Ancient.jpg

*tries translating*

Jumper_One
June 9th, 2008, 05:17 PM
nevermind... I found this.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg169/Jhag_Icarium/Ancient.jpg

*tries translating*

good luck ;) :D

naamiaiset
June 9th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I think I'm doing it right. :o

Mitchell82
June 9th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I think I'm doing it right. :o

Let us know what you come up with. I don't have the patience to try. Noticed a few things though.http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/dsc08433.jpg
This is definitely Ancient and appears to be a story of some kind however...http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/dsc08438.jpgThis is definitely not Ancient. Most likely these people aren't even remotely related to the Ancients.http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/dsc08446.jpg
Gimli is in this ep!;)http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/dsc08434.jpg
10 bucks that ends up in Ronon's collection.

naamiaiset
June 9th, 2008, 06:26 PM
before I post what I got, are all the symbols meant to make actual english words? (making sure I did it right)

Mitchell82
June 9th, 2008, 06:29 PM
before I post what I got, are all the symbols meant to make actual english words? (making sure I did it right)

It would probably sound like Old English or knowing JM complete gibberish.

jenks
June 9th, 2008, 06:37 PM
It should be Latin shouldn't it?

naamiaiset
June 9th, 2008, 06:54 PM
hope I did this right... :S

LEFT PAGE
ROW 1 - YEARFEDEAREFICITIN
ROW 2 - STEADOFWHICHD ENDERS
ROW 3 - EF SBENEFICIARIESWO
ROW 4 - I C K I G P L A T
ROW 5 - BENEFICIARIESWOU
ROW 6 - JORITYOFBENEFICIA
ROW 7 - HOFT IT THEVAST MA
ROW 8 - INEFFICIENIT MAYBE IT
ROW 9 - IN THE RANKSOFTHE45M
ROW 10 - JOIN T HERANKSOFTHE45M
ROW 11 - OFITSBENEFICI ARIES
ROW 12 - THAT WITHOUT ITTHEVAST
ROW 13 - OFITSBENEFI ARIESWOU

RIGHT PAGE
ROW 1 - THAT WITHOUT ITTHEVAST
ROW 2 - OFITSBENEFICI ARIES
ROW 3 - INEFFICIENIT MAYBE IT
ROW 4 - OFITSBENEFICI ARIES
ROW 5 - IN THE RANKSOFTHE45M
ROW 6 - JOIN T HERANKSOFTHE45M
ROW 7 - EFFICIENNEFI ARIE
ROW 8 - YEARF DEAREFICIT
ROW 9 - I C K I G P L A T
ROW 10 - FICIARIESOFHOFT IT THEVAST
ROW 11- EFI ARIESWOEF SBENEFICIARIES
ROW 12 - ICIENTIT MAYBESTEADOICHD ENDE
ROW 13 - YEARF DERADEFIBENEFICIARIESWOU
ROW 14 - STEADOFWHICHDJORITYOFITSBE EFICI

Jumper_One
June 9th, 2008, 06:55 PM

LEFT PAGE
ROW 5 - BENEFICIARIESWOU

RIGHT PAGE
ROW 8 - YEARF DEAREFICIT

hm interesting...

Lythisrose
June 9th, 2008, 06:56 PM

LEFT PAGE
ROW 5 - BENEFICIARIESWOU

RIGHT PAGE
ROW 8 - YEARF DEAREFICIT

Looks like a very strange legal document. Space Lawyers...

Platschu
June 9th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I think I will like this "blacksmith" type race. I love how they can change their village set into an "other" set with different furniture, plants, items or with the changing of light. ;)

Mitchell82
June 9th, 2008, 11:51 PM
It should be Latin shouldn't it?

You're right. It should be. Most likely we need two translators.

naamiaiset
June 9th, 2008, 11:57 PM
how are you going to get latin out of that?

PG15
June 10th, 2008, 12:28 AM
You already have some English words in there, like "BENEFICIARIES".

TBA
June 10th, 2008, 05:27 AM
Join the ranks of the 45m?

GoSpikey
June 10th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Some of my license plate is in there... :eek:

Mitchell82
June 10th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Join the ranks of the 45m?

Maybe someone is going for the track team?;)

naamiaiset
June 10th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Looks like a very strange legal document. Space Lawyers...
maybe you have to put the words in order? it can make the sentence "that without it, the vast majority of its beneficiaries would... join the ranks of the 45m?" but that doesn't make sense. :tealcanime49:

GoSpikey
June 10th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Go ask Joe... :lol:

naamiaiset
June 10th, 2008, 02:59 PM
the chance that he'd tell us: 0%.

Mitchell82
June 10th, 2008, 05:10 PM
the chance that he'd tell us: 0%.

Chance that he'll BS us 100%.

GoSpikey
June 11th, 2008, 03:47 AM

jelgate
June 11th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Chances of this thread going off topic. 200%

Jumper_One
June 11th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Chances of this thread going off topic. 200%

thanks to you... :P

jelgate
June 11th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I never derail threads:D

Ronon and Teyla are the Outsiders.

Jumper_One
June 11th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I never derail threads:D

sure :rolleyes: :P

Ronon and Teyla are the Outsiders.

Shep and Carson too ;)

prion
June 12th, 2008, 04:17 PM
June 12th quote from Joe Mallozzi's blog

Since we had some free time, Alan I headed down to Stage 2 where second unit was shooting the Outsider’s hive sequences. On the way, we ran into actor Tyler McClendon, the actor I cast as Ronon’s wraith captor in Broken Ties. On the strength of his eerily menacing performance in that episode, Tyler has earned a spot on our recurring wraith rotation. Truth be told, this isn’t Tyler’s first franchise appearance - but even an eagle-eyed fan would have trouble recognizing Lt. Banks from Avalon I, Cameron Mitchell’s doomed co-pilot during the battle with Anubis’s fleet over Antarctica, under all that make-up. While we were talking to Tyler, we were joined by actor Aaron Cravon who is playing the part of the wraith commander. Aaron, it turns out, has put in not one but two previous Stargate appearances, playing the part of Captain Kyle Rogers in Rules of Engagement, and the opportunistic Matar in Line in the Sand. Despite the hours of early-morning prosthetic application and their cumbersome leather coats, both Tyler and Aaron seem to be having a good time on set.

GoSpikey
June 12th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Prion, you're such an amateur!

LINK! ;)

PG15
June 12th, 2008, 04:21 PM
And the link: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/12/june-12-2008-remains-of-professional-golfer-found-on-the-moon/

:p

GoSpikey
June 12th, 2008, 04:25 PM
And the link: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/12/june-12-2008-remains-of-professional-golfer-found-on-the-moon/

:p

And the quote tag! It's a quote!

prion
June 12th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Prion, you're such an amateur!

LINK! ;)

Nah, i was quite simply being lazy. ;) and I rarely use the quote tag, as well, just don't ;)

prion
June 13th, 2008, 04:19 PM
June 13th

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/13/june-13-2008-grass-roots-movement-killed-after-being-sprayed-with-glyphosate/

Mailbag returns in tomorrow’s entry when I will answer almost none of your questions. But some. In the meantime, here’s a vid of the beloved Paul McGillion walking the back lot enroute to Stage 2. Click on the link or just check out the video below…

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee164/BaronDestructo/?action=view&current=McGillionbackonset.flv

"Outsiders, very very dark episode," said Paul McGilion.

prion
June 15th, 2008, 09:36 AM
A CONVERSATION WITH PAUL MCGILLION
June 15 2008

http://popculturezoo.com/archives/622

excerpt:

PCZ: …can you talk about the episode you’re filming?

PM: The episode I’m filming right now is called “Outsiders” and it’s my third episode this season of the five that I’m doing, or the minimum of five. It’s an episode written by Alan McCullough. We have Will Waring directing. It’s a lot of Wraiths and a lot of conflict. David Hewlitt and I have a ton of stuff, there’s a lot of Beckett and McKay stuff in it. We’re doing a scene right now that’s hopefully pretty funny. The whole crew is laughing at our scene in a Wraith Dart so it’s really funny. We’re having some really good laughs doing it. It’s been great. David and I are pretty much throughout the episode and we have a lot of stuff together. So it’s a big Beckett and McKay episode.

REST AT LINK ABOVE:

prion
June 17th, 2008, 11:21 AM
http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=89

June 17, 2008 - MGM CLOSE-UP : PAUL McGILLION

Excerpt:

“He’s basically exactly the same. I think he’s much more handsome in season five,” the actor jokes with another laugh. “He’s been away from craft service and he’s dropped a few pounds! But no - there was some comment in our first episode back, ‘The Seed’. There’s a little awareness [that he’s a clone] at first, but that’s diminished now. ‘[B]Outsiders’ is my third episode back, and I think it’s almost like, ‘Whatever!’” He laughs again. “You know that it’s Beckett. I don’t have any special super powers or anything. There’s really not too much comment.”

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Reiko
June 17th, 2008, 12:17 PM
» *SQUEE* Thanks for posting prion! :D

TBA
June 17th, 2008, 12:24 PM
:indeed: thanks!

GoSpikey
June 17th, 2008, 12:47 PM
:rolleyes:

PG15
June 22nd, 2008, 11:55 PM
A lot of interesting stuff in that article; some, also about Outsiders, weren't posted in that exerpt. Definitely a must-read.

And while I'm here, there's this interesting little thing from JM's blog a few days ago:

Thornyrose writes: “Were both parts of the mid season two parter filmed before the break, or does filming resume with the second half?”

Answer: We finished shooting episode 14 (Outsiders) and prepping episode 15 (Prodigal) before heading off on hiatus.

From http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/june-18-2008/

Masterchief writes: “Joe you said Outsiders is episode 14, is this correct?”

Answer: I’m referring to the shooting schedule.

From http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/19/june-19-2008-gunfire-on-the-set/

PG15
June 27th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Spot the pineapple: http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/pineapple.jpg

From: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/27/june-27-2008-adventures-in-haircutting-pineapples-retractions-and-the-return-of-the-mailbag/

naamiaiset
June 27th, 2008, 05:17 PM
gee... the big thing in the center?

GoSpikey
June 28th, 2008, 01:34 PM
*Points up to the shooting schedule thing*

Does that mean they're shooting Outsiders before Prodigal? :(

Jumper_One
June 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM
*Points up to the shooting schedule thing*

Does that mean they're shooting Outsiders before Prodigal? :(

Thornyrose writes: “Were both parts of the mid season two parter filmed before the break, or does filming resume with the second half?”

Answer: We finished shooting episode 14 (Outsiders) and prepping episode 15 (Prodigal) before heading off on hiatus.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/june-18-2008/

PG15
June 28th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Sounds about right.

ussrelativity
June 29th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Does this mean that they've shot 13 or 14 episodes before the hiatus?

GoSpikey
June 29th, 2008, 02:59 AM
I think that's about right?

morjana
July 3rd, 2008, 09:26 PM
SGA - Stargate Planet: Paul McGillion Interview

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=8517946&postcount=1524

Linzi
July 4th, 2008, 05:22 AM
I don't know why JM keeps referring to Outsiders as episode 14? :confused: I have a copy of the sides and shooting schedule given to us by an AD when we were on set, and Outsiders was one of the episodes they were filming in the last week before the hiatus. I've just got them out and checked to make sure I wasn't going insane, and it clearly says on the front of the sides 'Outsiders, episode 13'. :lol:

Does this mean that they've shot 13 or 14 episodes before the hiatus?

They've shot 13. While we were there, they were filming The Lost Tribe, Inquisition and Outsiders. Which are 11, 12 and 13 respectively. The next up is Prodigal, which is 14, and that was being discussed by BamBam and Andy Mikita while we were there - can't wait for that one :D, followed by Remnants. Hope that helps?:) I'm not saying that's necessarily the airing order, but it's the production order. :)

SGFerrit
July 4th, 2008, 05:36 AM
They've shot 13. While we were there, they were filming The Lost Tribe, Inquisition and Outsiders. Which are 11, 12 and 13 respectively. The next up is Prodigal, which is 14, and that was being discussed by BamBam and Andy Mikita while we were there - can't wait for that one :D, followed by Remnants. Hope that helps?:) I'm not saying that's necessarily the airing order, but it's the production order. :)

Cool! What did you see? Did you see the new race?

Linzi
July 4th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Cool! What did you see? Did you see the new race?
Alas no! The TLT scene we saw was on The Daedalus set and involved Woolsey, Ronon and Keller. What we saw looked VERY good though, I can tell you, as did Outsiders. Saw three scenes being filmed of that one, two of which involved Sheppard... sigh :o The other one had Beckett, McKay and some, uh, other individuals involved in it. :D

GoSpikey
July 4th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Linzi :D

*g*

SGFerrit
July 4th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Alas no! The TLT scene we saw was on The Daedalus set and involved Woolsey, Ronon and Keller. What we saw looked VERY good though, I can tell you, as did Outsiders. Saw three scenes being filmed of that one, two of which involved Sheppard... sigh :o The other one had Beckett, McKay and some, uh, other individuals involved in it. :D

Cool! I tried to green you but it says I need to spread some around:(

Jumper_One
July 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I don't know why JM keeps referring to Outsiders as episode 14? :confused: I have a copy of the sides and shooting schedule given to us by an AD when we were on set, and Outsiders was one of the episodes they were filming in the last week before the hiatus. I've just got them out and checked to make sure I wasn't going insane, and it clearly says on the front of the sides 'Outsiders, episode 13'. :lol:

Masterchief writes: “Joe you said Outsiders is episode 14, is this correct?”

Answer: I’m referring to the shooting schedule.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/19/june-19-2008-gunfire-on-the-set/

also

Snake writes: “So your shooting schedule does not necessarily coinside with the episodes in numeric order? Aproximately what is the time frame from completed script to shooting and from completed shooting to air date?”

Answer: The shooting order and the air date order don’t always line up as actor availability or production concerns (“When the hell is that set going to be ready?!”) may necessitate our rearranging the production schedule. As for the time frame - about five months from first day of principal photography to when you see it on SciFi.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/20/june-20-2008-comic-con-update-dinner-at-fuel-and-yet-another-chunky-mailbag/

Linzi
July 4th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Linzi :D

*g*
I have to confess...the wraith REALLY did scare me. The make up and prosthetics are just incredible. I swear, I was scared! Much to Peg's amusement. She kept saying 'They're not real, Linz'... I was like, 'They are to me!!!!' :eek: Seriously, if you think the make-up is good on screen, in real life? It's soooo scarey! :o

Cool! I tried to green you but it says I need to spread some around:(

Awww, thanks. It's the thought that counts :)

Linzi
July 4th, 2008, 12:16 PM
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/19/june-19-2008-gunfire-on-the-set/

also

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/06/20/june-20-2008-comic-con-update-dinner-at-fuel-and-yet-another-chunky-mailbag/
Well, the shooting schedule, IE production order, clearly says on my shooting schedule and sides that Outsiders is episode 13. I would scan it, to show you, but I'm not allowed. :(

GoSpikey
July 4th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Linz, did you by any chance see Todd?

Jumper_One
July 4th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Well, the shooting schedule, IE production order, clearly says on my shooting schedule and sides that Outsiders is episode 13. I would scan it, to show you, but I'm not allowed. :(

that's ok I believe you :)

Linzi
July 4th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Linz, did you by any chance see Todd?

I didn't! Wish I had :( Saw some awesome wraith though. And, seriously, they were scarey...and tall, and um, scarey! And sort of attractive too...:o

that's ok I believe you :)

:lol: I think Mr M. maybe was drunk on food when he answered that question! :eek: It could well be that Outsiders is 14 as far as airing number is concerned, but as for production? Definitely 13! :)

Jumper_One
July 4th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I didn't! Wish I had :( Saw some awesome wraith though. And, seriously, they were scarey...and tall, and um, scarey! And sort of attractive too...:o

:lol: I think Mr M. maybe was drunk on food when he answered that question! :eek:

It could well be that Outsiders is 14 as far as airing number is concerned, but as for production? Definitely 13! :)

yeah that's possible

Linzi
July 4th, 2008, 12:56 PM

No, seriously. Those wraith are surprisingly sexy! Or is that Mitch Pileggi? :lol:

:

yeah that's possible

Well, that's the only thing I could come up with! I did ask on set what had been filmed, and it was only 13 eppies - yes, I'm that sad! :o So, I'm a bit confused as to why 14 has been mentioned...unless Outsiders is 14 in airing order. as I suggested earlier, and something else is being squeezed in before that? :confused: I guess we'll find out in time! :)

Jumper_One
July 4th, 2008, 01:01 PM
No, seriously. Those wraith are surprisingly sexy! Or is that Mitch Pileggi? :lol:

I'm sure you would know if it had been Mitch :P

Well, that's the only thing I could come up with! I did ask on set what had been filmed, and it was only 13 eppies - yes, I'm that sad! :o

LOL no that's not sad ;) according to Joe...

So, I'm a bit confused as to why 14 has been mentioned...unless Outsiders is 14 in airing order. as I suggested earlier, and something else is being squeezed in before that? :confused: I guess we'll find out in time! :)

I thought it was ep 13

GoSpikey
July 4th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I thought they indeed said that they shot 14 episodes.

Outsiders, air-wise, should be 13. Next one is Prodigal, again air-wise, the 14th.

Joe did mention they're prepping two eps, Prodigal is one of those. Maybe Remnants is the next one? But then I don't get how they can say they have 14, already.

Linzi
July 4th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I thought they indeed said that they shot 14 episodes.

Outsiders, air-wise, should be 13. Next one is Prodigal, again air-wise, the 14th.

Joe did mention they're prepping two eps, Prodigal is one of those. Maybe Remnants is the next one? But then I don't get how they can say they have 14, already.
Ok. So if they've shot 14 episodes, what are they?

1. S and R
2. The Seed
3. Broken Ties
4. Daedalus Variations
5.Ghost in the Machine
6. The Shrine
7.Whispers
8. The Queen
9.Tracker
10. First Contact
11. The Lost Tribe
12. Inquistion
13. Outsiders.

The last three were being completed while Peg and I were on set. Now, if an extra eppie was squeezed in, I don't know what is was and when that was? So, I'm totally confused! :lol:

PG15
July 4th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I think we might have to accept the possibility that...JM was wrong.

Gasp!

GoSpikey
July 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
:eek:

Jumper_One
July 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM

Gasp!

he also said

Thornyrose also writes: “And when is episode 16 scheduled to start filming?”

Answer: Last time I checked, some time in late July.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/05/08/may-8-2008-production-update/

Linzi
July 4th, 2008, 01:32 PM

Gasp!

Oh goodness... Surely not? I will not call him on this, cos he'll just pawn me! :eek: Did I spell that incorrectly? :o

PG15
July 4th, 2008, 02:16 PM
It's "PWN", I believe. ;)

Or, to be more precise:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/PGfifteen/jown3d.jpg

Linzi
July 4th, 2008, 02:34 PM

Or, to be more precise:

Well, I was near! ;)

Ltcolshepjumper
July 4th, 2008, 02:52 PM

Oh goodness... Surely not? I will not call him on this, cos he'll just pawn me! :eek: Did I spell that incorrectly? :o

pure ownage, perhaps?

Jumper_One
July 4th, 2008, 03:36 PM

Or, to be more precise:

LOL great pic :D :P

PG15
July 9th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Some bits regarding this episode here: http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2008/07/07/slice-of-scifi-interview-with-paul-mcgillion/

PG15
July 22nd, 2008, 05:34 PM
A mention:

Didn’t really get a chance to spend much time on set as there were a number of issues to deal with up in - what the VFX department refers to as - The Room of Doom. Alan’s Producer’s Cut of Outsiders, [...]

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/07/22/july-21-2008-remnants-day-1/

PG15
August 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM
A look at the village the episode is set in: http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/dsc09993.jpg

From: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/08/08/august-8-2008-with-special-guest-blogger-writersupervising-producer-alan-mccullough/

naamiaiset
September 1st, 2008, 11:48 AM
new pictures courtesy of andreas. it's free to sign up and see them.

Twelve episode stills for 5.13 - OUTSIDERS are now available at the Photo Archive by Repro Images (http://www.repro-images.org/thumbnails.php?album=330).

http://andreas-at-lj.net/august/tnSGA513-01.jpg (http://www.repro-images.org/thumbnails.php?album=330) http://andreas-at-lj.net/august/tnSGA513-02.jpg (http://www.repro-images.org/thumbnails.php?album=330) http://andreas-at-lj.net/august/tnSGA513-03.jpg (http://www.repro-images.org/thumbnails.php?album=330) http://andreas-at-lj.net/august/tnSGA513-04.jpg (http://www.repro-images.org/thumbnails.php?album=330)

Platschu
September 1st, 2008, 12:10 PM
I know the Wraith isn't Todd, but I miss the tattoo on his face. :wraith:

naamiaiset
September 1st, 2008, 12:59 PM
just what carson needs, another wraith taking him hostage. :p :o

GoSpikey
September 1st, 2008, 02:46 PM
Looks like someone hasn't been following his diet when he was on break for his episodes? :P

Ronon's hair is eeeeeeewwwwwwwww! Is he gonna have it loose during the whole season? He never had that before, so they shouldn't start doing that now, either...

Does Carson need his meds? And is he forced to work on something? The anti-drug? :lol:

Go ask Todd. :P

GoSpikey
September 10th, 2008, 01:50 PM
10/17/2008 9:00P OUTSIDERS
10/17/2008 11:00P OUTSIDERS

10/24/2008 9:00P INQUISITION
10/24/2008 11:00P INQUISITION

Outsiders will be episode 11, while Inquisition moves to 12, apparently.

Jumper_One
September 10th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Outsiders will be episode 11, while Inquisition moves to 12, apparently.

huh? TLT's supposed to be ep 11

jenks
September 10th, 2008, 04:37 PM
It is, it has to be.

Jumper_One
September 10th, 2008, 04:54 PM
It is, it has to be.

yeah so Outsiders is ep 12 and Inquisition ep 13

jjit
September 11th, 2008, 01:05 AM
http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/09/stargate-atlantis-episode-513-outsiders_11.html
Stargate Atlantis - Episode 5.13 - Outsiders - Promotional Photos

Laura Dove
September 11th, 2008, 05:10 AM
http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/09/stargate-atlantis-episode-513-outsiders_11.html
Stargate Atlantis - Episode 5.13 - Outsiders - Promotional Photos

The same pics (I think?), but with a higher resolution, are available on http://dryope.livejournal.com/411199.html.

GoSpikey
September 11th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I had a headache, so there... :P

morjana
September 11th, 2008, 07:19 PM
NEW publicity stills from the 'Outsiders,' scheduled to air on the SciFi Channel on Friday, October 17 at its new time, 9pm.

(Please click on photo for a larger format.)

Lt. Col. John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) and Jervis (Sean Tyson)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/outsiders/outsidersshep-jervis.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/outsiders/routsidersshep-jervis.jpg)

Wraith Commander (Aaron Craven) and Sefaris (G. Michael Gray)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/outsiders/outsiderswraith-sefaris.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/outsiders/routsiderswraith-sefaris.jpg)

Dr. Carson Beckett (Paul McGillion), Shep and Dr. Rodney McKay (David Hewlett)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/outsiders/outsiderscarsonshepmckay.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/outsiders/routsiderscarsonshepmckay.jpg)

Renni (Sarah Deakins), Elson (Joel Polis) and Jervis (Sean Tyson)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/outsiders/outsiders-renni-elson-jervis.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/outsiders/routsiders-renni-elson-jervis.jpg)

Jeff O'Connor
September 11th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Sweet. Yeah, I'm thinking at this point GW was definitely wrong about the order.

GoSpikey
September 12th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Well, Joe said it was that order; so....

The network just changed it, that's all.

If you're gonna blame GW, then start with PG. :P

jelgate
September 12th, 2008, 04:44 AM
Its happened before and I'll bit it will happen again. The nature of Stargate allows the network to move some episodes around.

PG15
September 16th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Mentions of the episode in the videos at the ends of these 3 blog entries:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/september-10-2008-an-unduly-prolix-entry/

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/09/12/september-12-2008-with-special-guest-star-director-will-waring-and-the-fx-stage-tour-part-v/

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/09/13/september-13-2008-fans-protest-main-title-compressed-some-questions-addressed/

jelgate
September 17th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Your getting lazy in your old age PG:P

PG15
September 17th, 2008, 09:15 PM
No, I'm getting busy in my old age. :p

GoSpikey
September 18th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Excuses, excuses... :rolleyes:

jelgate
September 18th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Excuses, excuses... :rolleyes:

You must have read my autobiography.:P

GoSpikey
September 18th, 2008, 01:17 PM
You too? :lol:

Jeff O'Connor
September 19th, 2008, 03:58 AM
"Excuses, Excuses"
A collective autobiography of the triumphs and mistakes of jelgate, GoSpikey and even Jeff O'Connor.

jelgate
September 19th, 2008, 05:30 AM
I don't remember inviting you on my literary endeavor:P

Jeff O'Connor
September 19th, 2008, 05:38 AM
I don't remember inviting you on my literary endeavor:P

Bah. Excuses, excuses!

GoSpikey
September 19th, 2008, 11:51 AM

Think 'Outsiders' and tomorrows 'Tracker' are gonna be the same quality eps?

Jeff O'Connor
September 19th, 2008, 12:34 PM

Think 'Outsiders' and tomorrows 'Tracker' are gonna be the same quality eps?

You mean even with one-another? Quite possibly. I think both of them have a chance to shine far more brightly than we're anticipating, but they both also have a chance to clunk over a bit.

'Tracker' could be a terrific character development episode, and/or look into the Wraith even more. It could also end up with some pretty subpar writing and spend too much time going anywhere. I don't know, those are my guesses on extremes.

'Outsiders' could delve into the Wraith much more in its own way; it could be great character development for Carson, too. It could also drag and suffer from being one of those 'oh god, the villagers are stupid; folks, just pack up and walk away' sort of episodes.

Personally... yeah, I have even hopes for them. I'm looking forward to 'Outsiders' a tad more, though.

GoSpikey
September 19th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Hmm, same for me. :)

I see more Wraith development potential for Outsiders, myself, but now I just hope they won't throw it at us in every Wraith ep, you know what I mean? After 5 seasons of waiting, suddenly all comes out? Lol.

Well, info would be nice, of course... :o

Always muttering about something...

Jeff O'Connor
September 19th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Hmm, same for me. :)

I see more Wraith development potential for Outsiders, myself, but now I just hope they won't throw it at us in every Wraith ep, you know what I mean? After 5 seasons of waiting, suddenly all comes out? Lol.

Well, info would be nice, of course... :o

Always muttering about something...

Ain't that the truth. I agree, a torrential downpour all of a sudden would seem rather silly. Still, they deserve it. I wouldn't be against learning crucial information every week from hereon out. That way, the telefilms are primed and ready to handle things straightforwardly.

Still, I doubt episodes like 'Brain Storm' will teach us much in that regard, at least. :p

morjana
October 10th, 2008, 11:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/scifi/outsiders.jpg

Trailer for 'Outsiders' at SciFi.com (http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=743023) and also embedded at my google blog (http://morjana-subductionleadstoorogeny.blogspot.com/2008/10/stargate-atlantis-scifi-channel-updates.html).

Platschu
October 11th, 2008, 12:29 AM
It seems it will have some very cool off-world action scenes. ;)

GoSpikey
October 11th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Yup, it indeed seems like it. :D

They're not just having them stomp around on the planet a bit, Dart action is involved, and looks good on the trailer! :P

Reiko
October 11th, 2008, 08:52 AM
CARSON!!!!! *dance* It looks like he'll have decent story this time.

jelgate
October 11th, 2008, 09:57 AM
They said the same thing about Whispers:P

Reiko
October 11th, 2008, 09:59 AM
They haven't commented on "Outsiders" though, or at least not as enthusiastically as they did "Whispers". If the relationship of what they say I'll like I hate and what they aren't amped about I like stays true, this is looking promising. ;)

GoSpikey
October 11th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Yes, he'll have a VERY original story line again, getting kidnapped by a FULL Wraith, this time. :P

Go Carson go!

Jumper_One
October 11th, 2008, 10:48 AM

what was wrong with Carson in Whispers?

They haven't commented on "Outsiders" though, or at least not as enthusiastically as they did "Whispers". If the relationship of what they say I'll like I hate and what they aren't amped about I like stays true, this is looking promising. ;)

who's they? I think you mean Joe and he was talking about Whispers because it was one of his eps. Alan McCullough wrote Outsiders

Infinatus
October 11th, 2008, 11:05 AM

I had actually been looking forward to Whispers the most of all the episodes in the first half, yet I thought it was the second worst so far.

what was wrong with Carson in Whispers?

I believe Jelgate means that the overall story wasn't very good, and hence that contradicts this being a "good" Carson ep. :)

who's they?

What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon??? :P

jelgate
October 11th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I could reply to Jumper_One but Infinatus said pretty much what I thought

Jumper_One
October 11th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I believe Jelgate means that the overall story wasn't very good, and hence that contradicts this being a "good" Carson ep. :)

oh I thought he was talking about Carson

What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon??? :P

LOL :P

I could reply to Jumper_One but Infinatus said pretty much what I thought

gotcha :)

Reiko
October 11th, 2008, 11:20 AM
who's they? I think you mean Joe and he was talking about Whispers because it was one of his eps. Alan McCullough wrote Outsiders

Despite his legendary horrible affronts to physics, Alan McCullough is a good writer and wrote some of the only S4 episodes I enjoyed. Thus, things are looking up.

Now don't go poo-poo on my optimism, k? :P

Jumper_One
October 11th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Despite his legendary horrible affronts to physics, Alan McCullough is a good writer and wrote some of the only S4 episodes I enjoyed. Thus, things are looking up.

Now don't go poo-poo on my optimism, k? :P

nah I wouldn't do that :P oh and don't you mean s5? anyway I agree Alan's written awesome eps :D

Reiko
October 11th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Both S4 and S5. :D

In comparision, I never expect much from Mallozzi, who wrote the last two. Rawr. (Only eps of his I remotely liked were Misbegotten and TMC)

Jumper_One
October 11th, 2008, 11:30 AM

In comparision, I never expect much from Mallozzi, who wrote the last two. Rawr. (Only eps of his I remotely liked were Misbegotten and TMC)

yeah I think some of his eps are great, others... not so much. but he's a good showrunner imo (let me guess, you disagree? :P)

Infinatus
October 11th, 2008, 11:31 AM

I don't know if you watch SG-1 but if you do I'd recommend his earlier eps. The first Mallozzi episode that aired in season 4, Window of Opportunity, was arguably the best he's ever written. I suppose that those who don't like his works would be quick to point out that it becomes progressively worse from there.

Reiko
October 11th, 2008, 11:33 AM
(let me guess, you disagree? :P)

I don't have to answer that, do I? :P

I don't know if you watch SG-1 but if you do I'd recommend his earlier eps. The first Mallozzi episode that aired, Window of Opportunity, was arguably the best he's ever written. I suppose that those who don't like his works would be quick to point out that it becomes progressively worse from there.

I don't think I've seen that one, I've only seen a little over 1/3rd of SG1. Oh, and I did like Memento Mori, though, but I think it was mostly Claudia. :D

Jumper_One
October 11th, 2008, 11:34 AM
I don't have to answer that, do I? :P

nope :P

Laura Dove
October 12th, 2008, 03:54 PM
After the disappointment of the last episode, I'm really looking forward to this one. It seems to have everything I like (except Todd, but even he disappointed me in "The Lost Tribe" :(): Team interaction, wraith (as in "wraith who do intelligent and dangerous things", not "stupid hunters running around just to be killed"), action, Pegasus natives... And I even like SciFi trailer. ;)

morjana
October 12th, 2008, 11:32 PM
SGA - MGM Stargate - Publicity Stills 'Outsiders':

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9070100&postcount=825

morjana
October 12th, 2008, 11:43 PM
SGA - MGM Stargate: Behind the Scenes Photos - Outsiders:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9070124&postcount=827

GoSpikey
October 13th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Who's the actor behind the Wraith, again?

Or is it Tyler? Didn't he say he was in Outsiders, too? :beckettanime14:

naamiaiset
October 13th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Who's the actor behind the Wraith, again?

Or is it Tyler? Didn't he say he was in Outsiders, too? :beckettanime14:
Aaron Craven and Tyler McClendon.

GoSpikey
October 13th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I was also told in the WDC. :D

Pandora's_Box
October 14th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Something caught my eye.

There seems to be a copy of the episode floating around. Real or fake?

jelgate
October 14th, 2008, 07:06 PM
That depends. Is it a script form or a video form

GoSpikey
October 15th, 2008, 02:53 AM
I don't think that's the kind of thing that the site wishes to stimulate... :o

Naonak
October 16th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Nothing really new, but this is Sky's episode description:

Outsiders: The survivors of both a plague concocted by Michael and a deadly Wraith attack face a new danger from the people who originally gave them shelter.

Sky Programme Information (http://data.skyprogrammeinformation.co.uk/wtv.php?week=270&chan=SKD1)

morjana
October 16th, 2008, 12:15 PM
SGA - MGM Stargate: Episode Trailer for 'Outsiders':

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9084376&postcount=636

naamiaiset
October 16th, 2008, 12:18 PM
as I said in the trailer thread... finally. :rolleyes:

I'm not too impressed with the trailer, but it'll be nice to see carson. :D

GoSpikey
October 16th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

There's this Wraith in the woods who looks like Penny!Todd with longer hair...

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

He's MINE! I saw him first!

And Tyler was very much like Kenny?!

Commander: *Stands ready for the high five*

"I'm going to enjoy this"

:rolleyes:

Edit:

Guess we can guess what's going to be killing the Commander? Carson is a clone of Michael's, and who says he hasn't made sure that his clones, as his common hybrids, can't be fed upon, or, when trying, the Wraith falls dead?

Platschu
October 16th, 2008, 01:04 PM
"I'm going to enjoy this"
I hope it won't be a slash scene! :eek: :D

Laura Dove
October 16th, 2008, 01:22 PM
And Tyler was very much like Kenny?!

Yep, that was my first thought, but it's not Kenny. He doesn't have Kenny's beard nor tattoo.

Edit:
Guess we can guess what's going to be killing the Commander? Carson is a clone of Michael's, and who says he hasn't made sure that his clones, as his common hybrids, can't be fed upon, or, when trying, the Wraith falls dead?

Interesting idea. I expected someone from the team or one of the natives to just come and save him, but your idea would be much better.

Linda06
October 16th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Edit:

That's the first thing I thought when I saw it...I'll bet he won't be able to feed ;)

jonos101
October 16th, 2008, 06:38 PM
SGA - MGM Stargate: Episode Trailer for 'Outsiders':

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9084376&postcount=636

Well it's about time. :p

And it's a good idea Spikey. ;)

GoSpikey
October 17th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Thankies, Jonos. :D

dasNdanger
October 17th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Well, so far, the Wraith are still hot... ;)

Guess I better enjoy them while they last. :)

das

jelgate
October 17th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I thought you more then anyone would care more about what the Wraith are doing not how they look:P

dasNdanger
October 17th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I thought you more then anyone would care more about what the Wraith are doing not how they look:P

So far, all they've been doing is looking hot... ;)

I like all the humans backstabbing each other...'bout time the show the truth in human nature...

das

dasNdanger
October 17th, 2008, 05:29 PM
However...

I am annoyed that the Wraith have resorted to whispering instead of using their telepathy... :rolleyes:

das

naamiaiset
October 17th, 2008, 05:31 PM
However...

I am annoyed that the Wraith have resorted to whispering instead of using their telepathy... :rolleyes:

das
I was just about to say that. :rolleyes:

jelgate
October 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
But then the audience wouldn't know the Wraith are conversing with one another

naamiaiset
October 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
^ that's the point of having psychic ability, to keep what you're saying secret. :p

dasNdanger
October 17th, 2008, 05:41 PM

^ that's the whole point of having psychic ability, so people don't know what you're saying. :p

I remember the first time I saw The Rising, I totally knew that the male Wraith was communicating with someone. All they have to do is kinda roll their eyes and hiss...kinda like if they just smoked a big doobie, or something...

das

jelgate
October 17th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Who wants to bet the Hoffan drug is in Carson:P

dasNdanger
October 17th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Well, I guess we know what's gonna happen to poor Dave...and he was rather hot, wasn't he...*sniffle*

jelgate - yeah, I think that's a given.

das

JohnRico
October 17th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Is Carson the Daniel of Atlantis ?

dasNdanger
October 17th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Is Carson the Daniel of Atlantis ?

No - we just have another 'Steve'...*sob*

das

dasNdanger
October 17th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I am NOT liking Carson right now...

das

Earthgate Ricky
October 17th, 2008, 05:50 PM
HOORAY!!! Carson is my favorite doctor! He is a toxin to wraith race!

JohnRico
October 17th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Ugh I hate these kinds of idiots. They will get whats coming to them

Earthgate Ricky
October 17th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I love facial expressions of Rodney and Carson when they tried to fit in a wraith jumper! recap please!!!!

dasNdanger
October 17th, 2008, 06:02 PM
HOORAY!!! Carson is my favorite doctor! He is a toxin to wraith race!

I hatesies you.

;)

das

dasNdanger
October 17th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Woo-hoo!! Two hot Wraith got away! :D *does happy dance*

das

dasNdanger
October 17th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Best scene was Rodney and Carson in the dart - :lol:

das

JohnRico
October 17th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Looks like Ronon is moving on losing to a nerd. I am glad there was no one on one scene somewhere

Earthgate Ricky
October 17th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Rodney and Carson finally have a lunch date on ending. What a bromance :mckayanime08::beckettanime04:

GoSpikey
October 18th, 2008, 06:26 AM
However...

das

What? But das, don't you want the Wraith to whisper sweet words into your ears, with those magnificent voices?

I was just about to say that. :rolleyes:

Silly girl. *Insert a random Wraith here* breathing against your ear... :P

The simplest things come out of the simplest persons. :P

Who wants to bet the Hoffan drug is in Carson:P

I already did, see like yesterday or the day before, when I saw the trailer first. :D

I love facial expressions of Rodney and Carson when they tried to fit in a wraith jumper! recap please!!!!

Best scene was Rodney and Carson in the dart - :lol:

das

He TOTALLY didn't fit in there any more!

Looks like Ronon is moving on losing to a nerd. I am glad there was no one on one scene somewhere

Hmm. True.

Rodney and Carson finally have a lunch date on ending. What a bromance :mckayanime08::beckettanime04:

The shock on Carson's face when it turns out to be lil sweet Keller... :lol:

Never shown. :(