X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raqqers
    Another Jonas/Corin fan here! ....also a newbie! lol
    Thanx Anya for telling me bout this place
    Sorry for taking so long to say it, but welcome to the thread! Spread the word, all those who love Jonas are welcomed!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
      [/size]

You're so right ! And it's more painful to hear all the negative comments when you remember that during all season 6 Jonas spoke of Daniel with lot of respect. Add to this,
      Spoiler:
      that as for now nobody is blaming Daniel for bringing the Ori in our galaxy,
      there's definetely something wrong in the Stargate kingdom !

I don't buy it that Daniel and Jonas are similar characters. Daniel connects with people to learn about their civilization when Jonas looks at them as persons, human beings.
      Look at Ayiana for example. I can picture Daniel asking lots and lots of question to learn everything about the Ancients. On the other hand, Jonas was trying to help her, only be there for her when she was scared. That's a big difference.
      That and I've never seen Daniel being that observant with little details.
      I'm still angry that they missed a wonderful opportunity to have a 5 man team.
      I've also never bought into the argument that Daniel and Jonas are the same, or even serve the same function. Part of it comes from the fact that they have Daniel doing things he, as an archeologist, should never be doing, and that's diplomatic functions. Archeologists are notoriously disinterested in people in general, especially those in this day and age, the here and now. And they're also not known to be particularly diplomatic.

Compare that to Jonas, who when we first saw him in Meridian, is already *doing* the diplomatic thing. Nothing was really said in that episode about him having a background in archeology - that was something he taught himself so he could fill Daniel's shoes out of guilty feelings over his loss. But having Daniel back doing the archeology stuff, they could use Jonas for what he is trained: diplomacy and other science.

If I had to describe it, I'd say that Daniel is an archeologist, while Jonas is more of an anthropologist.
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
        I've also never bought into the argument that Daniel and Jonas are the same, or even serve the same function. Part of it comes from the fact that they have Daniel doing things he, as an archeologist, should never be doing, and that's diplomatic functions. Archeologists are notoriously disinterested in people in general, especially those in this day and age, the here and now. And they're also not known to be particularly diplomatic.

Compare that to Jonas, who when we first saw him in Meridian, is already *doing* the diplomatic thing. Nothing was really said in that episode about him having a background in archeology - that was something he taught himself so he could fill Daniel's shoes out of guilty feelings over his loss. But having Daniel back doing the archeology stuff, they could use Jonas for what he is trained: diplomacy and other science.

If I had to describe it, I'd say that Daniel is an archeologist, while Jonas is more of an anthropologist.
        [Squeals a bit because someone has explained what's in my head]
        That's it! I've never felt Daniel has been particularly interested in the people around him.
        Jonas is, because (although they never made much of it) his original role is a people orientated position. Annoying when you think during S6, they had a trained diplomat on the team they didn't take advantage of.

Frozen was the episode which sealed it for me. The Daniel ep without Daniel, Corin completely owned the charater in that.
        I had been thinking that to make Mitchell interesting we needed more lines that were less Jack, but actually what we need is a Jack ep without Jack. Let's see how good BB really is. (I know it's OT but it's been bugging me)

Big hello and welcome to everyone new to our lovely thread.

Comment

Do you remember what Rothman said in The First Ones ?
          "I'm not too good with people. They're too recent."
          In my opinion, it describes perfectly the archeologist. Daniel is really good when he's doing his stuff : archeology. But he's rather inconsistent in his relations with people. If he finds one of those artefacts he's so fond of, he's going to send everyone to hell, only to be alone with his artefact. And suddenly, you have him doing the diplomacy. Strange.

Jonas was interested in history from the beginning, but archeology has never been his main activity. Like you said, he became an archeologist almost by accident. I see him more interested in science. How many times did Sam ask him to help her when they found Ancient technology ? And if you notice the books he was always carrying with him in Redemption, they were astrophysics books.

So, what I say is let's Daniel do his stuff and play with artefacts and have Jonas back doing the diplomacy and helping Sam with the science. I so miss the scenes those two had together in season 6, how Sam became the teasing big sister to him. Well, I miss the season 6 team, period.
          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

What happened to the piccies, keep em coming!

Comment

Heres one i found quickly for you Proxy

Comment

Sorry, I've been away a bit trying to get over the fact that an actress that I'm a huge fan of is leaving a show I watch and it's just after we fans finally got our couple together.

I love that picture of him in leather that was posted a couple of pages back.

Originally Posted by raqqers
                Another Jonas/Corin fan here! ....also a newbie! lol
                Thanx Anya for telling me bout this place
                I know I'm a bit late but welcome to the thread.

Originally Posted by Jerin
                LuvsJonasQuinn wrote a great introduction paragraph for the petition we're working on to bring him back. Well...she's been working on it. I've been swamped with school and job work, but will work on it in 2 weeks.
                Awww.... Thanks for the compliment Jerin. I'm working on adding a sentence to it and then I'll send it to you to look at for an opinion.

Originally Posted by Admiral Q O
                Rules for Sharing Jonas Clones

1. The borrower is solely responsible for any actions taken by the clone in his/her presence. After all, clones can only be trained just so much.

2. The borrower will be sure to return the clone in reasonable condition, i.e. with all appendages still attached in their proper places. (Washing and/or drying before return is optional.)

3. The owner who loans his/her clone is responsible for setting the time limit for the loan up front, and must abide by it. (Helpful hint: avoid vague statements such as ‘just send him back when you’re done’. You may never see your clone again.)

4. All thunkers, both owners and loaners, must use the thunk thread to arrange sharing and play times. Any arrangements via private message, email, or other method will be deemed null and void to insure that only genuine Jonas thunkers gain access to Jonas clones.
                Nice list of rules. I can live with them.

My Jonas clone says hello to everyone. He'd stay and talk but he has to go get plenty of sleep so that he can have lots of energy for the weekend.

Comment

awww thank you SGC.

*smiles*

OH OH, were on page 69 *nonPG thoughts*

Comment

Nice banner from corinnemec.com!

Comment

CN: How you doin? *in low sexy tone*

Comment

Great One Proxy!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                          Great One Proxy!!!!!!
                          I know ay!

Comment

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252

Very well said.
                              Originally posted by Lys
                              So, what I say is let's Daniel do his stuff and play with artefacts and have Jonas back doing the diplomacy and helping Sam with the science. I so miss the scenes those two had together in season 6, how Sam became the teasing big sister to him. Well, I miss the season 6 team, period.
                              I agree with you 110%.
                              Originally posted by LuvsJonasQuinn
                              Awww.... Thanks for the compliment Jerin. I'm working on adding a sentence to it and then I'll send it to you to look at for an opinion.
                              Thanks again for all your hard work. I can't wait to see it.
                              Congratulations to S.G.C. on 1,000 and Lys on 600 posts!
                              Good morning, Admiral! Lieutenant Jerin reporting for my thunking duties.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
                              Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                                Good morning, Admiral! Lieutenant Jerin reporting for my thunking duties.
                                It's about time...

AQOJoC: Jerin's a lieutenant?
                                AQO: Yes, I wouldn't lend you out to an enlisted thunker.
                                AQOJoC: Wow...uh...one question...
                                AQO: Yes?
                                AQOJoC: Where does she hide her dog tags?

Comment

Working...
                                X