Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurf
    Line quote, frankly I don't think it's much of a spoiler but...

"Thank goodness you're back, not that Jonas was a bad guy, but after all you been through together you belong here with SG-1"

I think it's because the line pretty much sums up how TPTB treated/thought of the character, and it's pretty disrespectful to CN. Looks even worse written down.
    It's also the only mention of Jonas in S8 isn't it?
    Not very nice if it is.
    This line nearly put me through the roof when I heard it, too. How insulting!! Instead of being grateful and kind, they just kick the character and the actor in the teeth time and time again. Did you also happen to notice that there was no Jonas at *all* in the S7 "clip show" Disclosure? Being the first clip show after S6, they owed it to him, and yet he got nothing. Makes me just want to . . . grrrrrrrr!!
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
      Unfortunatly I do not think there is much to say about Mansquito and I am a big fan of Corin's. But screen caps are nice.
      Oh love them, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
        This line nearly put me through the roof when I heard it, too. How insulting!! Instead of being grateful and kind, they just kick the character and the actor in the teeth time and time again. Did you also happen to notice that there was no Jonas at *all* in the S7 "clip show" Disclosure? Being the first clip show after S6, they owed it to him, and yet he got nothing. Makes me just want to . . . grrrrrrrr!!
        Thank god it wasn't just me who found this abit upsetting.

But they must of known it was going to upset somepeople? Why did they do that?
        Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
        The Strongest Will Survive!
        I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy
          Thank god it wasn't just me who found this abit upsetting.

But they must of known it was going to upset somepeople? Why did they do that?
          I found it downright rude and I'm not the biggest Jonas fan (Corin Nemic, on the other hand, is adorable) and it was unnecessary.

FF, who doesn't see why she can't be a Daniel fan *and* a Jonas fan, and a Sam fan and... etc etc.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
            I concur. "Citizen Joe" was a silly and funny episode for me until I heard this line. It was so rude. This episode was supposed to be an insight into the fandom. How is it that they forgot a part of said fandom and worse were being rude against the character and the actor. Sufficed to say that I'm not in love with TPTB after that.
            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Miss soooooo much Jonas!!!

I would like to see him again... maybe in the ninth season!!
              please please please

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                I concur. "Citizen Joe" was a silly and funny episode for me until I heard this line. It was so rude. This episode was supposed to be an insight into the fandom. How is it that they forgot a part of said fandom and worse were being rude against the character and the actor. Sufficed to say that I'm not in love with TPTB after that.
                It was rude and unneccesary. They were always going on about how they were two different characters, and not interchangable and yet that's what this line is saying. They could have quite as easily got by with a "How is Jonas?" line, or even not mention him if the only other choice is to be rude.
                I was surprised to find the script was written by Damian Kindler, I always thought he had an affinity with the character (some of the sweetest Jonas moments from S6 were written by Damian). I'd be surprised and disappointed if the line had appeared in his first draft.

Comment

I remember after watching this episode feeling very upset. So, what I did was discuss it with my friends.

We thought about it rationally.

Right, this stone thing was sending Jack's thoughts. Now Jack was very close to Daniel. Ok, Jack had forgiven Jonas in away and accepted him. But deep down he missed Daniel very much and no one could take his place. So it was about what Jack was thinking.

Well that's my rational thinking of it.

Comment

Originally posted by cath
                    Miss soooooo much Jonas!!!

I would like to see him again... maybe in the ninth season!!
                    please please please
                    I dont mean to burst the big galactic bubble but it just isnt going to happen Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, TPTB feel that they dont need his, read one of the "Ask..." threads in General Discussion im sure someone in there has asked about Jonas

It was rude and unneccesary. They were always going on about how they were two different characters, and not interchangable and yet that's what this line is saying. They could have quite as easily got by with a "How is Jonas?" line, or even not mention him if the only other choice is to be rude.
                    I was surprised to find the script was written by Damian Kindler, I always thought he had an affinity with the character (some of the sweetest Jonas moments from S6 were written by Damian). I'd be surprised and disappointed if the line had appeared in his first draft.
                    its true that it was rude and unkind towards Jonas, but we forget that not everyone liked Jonas as they felt he was trying to replace Daniel Jackson, and its possible that the script was written to show that Joe didnt really like Jonas and prefered Daniel which was shown by how extactic he was when he found out Daniel was alive.

Now I feel we have settled and this is after all a
                    Jonas/CN Appreciation and Thunk Thread, lets get back to that!

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                      its true that it was rude and unkind towards Jonas, but we forget that not everyone liked Jonas as they felt he was trying to replace Daniel Jackson, and its possible that the script was written to show that Joe didnt really like Jonas and prefered Daniel which was shown by how extactic he was when he found out Daniel was alive.

Now I feel we have settled and this is after all a
                      Jonas/CN Appreciation and Thunk Thread, lets get back to that!
                      While it's true that not everyone liked Jonas (that could just as easily be said about any of the characters). Given that Citizen Joe was a nod too fandom, why only pander to those who shouted the loudest?

Anyway enough of that.
                      I notice CN is making a stoner comedy with Jason Mewes. Sounds like fun.

Comment

While it's true that not everyone liked Jonas (that could just as easily be said about any of the characters). Given that Citizen Joe was a nod too fandom, why only pander to those who shouted the loudest?

Anyway enough of that.
                        I notice CN is making a stoner comedy with Jason Mewes. Sounds like fun.
                        So it does and its nice to get back to what this thread was made for, appreciation and thunking!

Comment

Well, lets start as we mean to go on.

My fave line that Jonas said was when he saw Colonel Checkov when he was angry and he says "It may not be clear to everyone but this man is very upset."

That was so adorable.

I LOVE JONAS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, lets start as we mean to go on.

My fave line that Jonas said was when he saw Colonel Checkov when he was angry and he says "It may not be clear to everyone but this man is very upset."

That was so adorable.

I LOVE JONAS!!!!!!!!!

I agree...that was priceless.

For those who haven't heard, (forgive me if this is a repeat) CN has answered questions posted for him at the Corin Nemec forum. Announcement I received was as follows:

Corin has been quite busy this weekend answering every single question left on his messageboard.

You may view them here: http://107597.aceboard.net/

Hugs
                            Adele
                            xox
                            http://www.corinnemec.com

P.S. Adele is the greatest for keeping up with this for us...and if I wasn't supposed to post this here, let me know.

Comment

The original idea on how to write Jonas out.
                              * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

That was so adorable.
                                My favourite Jonas line too.
                                "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X