Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easter Lily
    Yay... someone's revived the thread...

I've been going through Season 7 and feel the loss of his presence acutely. I still can't really understand why they couldn't have kept him on in some capacity... in a recurring role perhaps... You can see it in his eyes... he definitely didn't want to leave... a poignant moment.
    The hair in Fallout was a throwback to the Beatles... did somebody in Langaria discover the 60s?

Frankly speaking, I thought Sam had some of her best interaction with Jonas... they had such a great dynamic. He was someone who could keep up with the pace. It was great that she could bounce her ideas off someone who could understand what she was saying and not just prattle mechanically a whole bunch of jargon surrounded by awestruck men...
    E.Lily - you had the nicest and largest ep caps in this thread, and I was wondering if you had any of Jonas actually eating? I haven't capped season 6 and am in need of a few of these shots.

Comment

Yay... someone's revived the thread...

I've been going through Season 7 and feel the loss of his presence acutely. I still can't really understand why they couldn't have kept him on in some capacity... in a recurring role perhaps... You can see it in his eyes... he definitely didn't want to leave... a poignant moment.
      The hair in Fallout was a throwback to the Beatles... did somebody in Langaria discover the 60s?

Frankly speaking, I thought Sam had some of her best interaction with Jonas... they had such a great dynamic. He was someone who could keep up with the pace. It was great that she could bounce her ideas off someone who could understand what she was saying and not just prattle mechanically a whole bunch of jargon surrounded by awestruck men...
      I watched both Meridian and Homecoming before getting into fandom (and all it entails) and I was actually more upset about Jonas leaving because he looked more upset.
      Absolutely agree about Sam, only person who's come close since is Baal.

New agency pic on www.corinnemec.com is slightly weird, getting a bit too skinny.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
        E.Lily - you had the nicest and largest ep caps in this thread, and I was wondering if you had any of Jonas actually eating? I haven't capped season 6 and am in need of a few of these shots.
        Seshat, you need to be more specific. Jonas is eating in almost every scene in the five first episodes of season six.
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
          Seshat, you need to be more specific. Jonas is eating in almost every scene in the five first episodes of season six.
          You are so right! I will do my best to be more specific...
          I guess I am looking for just about any scene where he is in closeup or head and shoulders (alone) and munching something he finds fascinating and new. The scenes in Nightwalkers in the diner come to mind first, but I also seem to remember a banana scene (?). I am NOT looking for coffee cup scenes, for example, or any of the ice cream-eating scenes from Unnatural Selection, as I DO have those. Does that help at all?

Comment

This is the only one I've got that looks remotely like he's eating...
            Unfortunately I only borrowed the box set from a friend... I think I'll have to get my own...

sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

You are so right! I will do my best to be more specific...
              I guess I am looking for just about any scene where he is in closeup or head and shoulders (alone) and munching something he finds fascinating and new. The scenes in Nightwalkers in the diner come to mind first, but I also seem to remember a banana scene (?). I am NOT looking for coffee cup scenes, for example, or any of the ice cream-eating scenes from Unnatural Selection, as I DO have those. Does that help at all?

The banana scene in Descent

In Redemption

Nightwalkers

And again Nightwalkers

Does this help ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                And again Nightwalkers
                Does this help ?
                Yes - that last one from Nightwalkers was exactly what I had in mind - thank you!!

*Scurries off to work on new project involving said cap*

Comment

Yes - that last one from Nightwalkers was exactly what I had in mind - thank you!!

*Scurries off to work on new project involving said cap*
                  I'm glad to help!

Comment

Lys... I've resized your images but won't repost them here...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...mecDescent.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ecDescent3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ecDescent2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ghtwalkers.jpg
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I really liked the more open Sam we saw in S6, the one who wasn't afraid to tease, have fun. I think that Jonas's enthusiasm at going through the Gate reminded her how she was at the beginning of the adventure (remember Children of the Gods ). It was like she had "her mojo back" to quote Jack.
                      And of course, it was nice that finally someone could understand all her technobabble and also bounce back ideas with her.

Comment

jonas was great i miss him to hopefully they bring him back

Comment

I know we've talked about this many times and I know that all of us would like to see Jonas back but I somehow don't ever see this happening as it would by implication be suggesting that the show was lacking in some area (perhaps character dynamic... a sensitive area) or that they had made a mistake letting him go. With all the changes and rumours of changes that we keep hearing about, it appears that TPTB are ready for a brand new start and I just don't see Jonas ever fitting into that scheme of things... I could be wrong...
                          sigpic

Comment

A brand new start seems to be the right word. Everytime I seek for some information on S9, I find :
                            Spoiler:
                            a new team, new bad guys, a new general, a new CMO...

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. We already had some big changes in the Stargate universe (Jonas replacing Daniel for a season being the main one); but there are so many new things that it doesn't feel like SG1 for me but a new spin-off.

And I agree with you Easter Lily, I don't see Jonas fitting in this new universe. I even have doubts we're going to see Bra'tac at least once. I get that feeling that TPTB want to forget all that happened before.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                              Yes, I approve!! Totally!

oooooohhh he looks all clean and smooth...

I like those jeans.

Nice.
                              I love this picture. Hot! It is just to bad it is not taken from the other side where you can see the tattoo on his arm. Yes he has a tattoo. Actually he has 4 of them. Mansquito was worth watching just to see him with his shirt off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                I'm sure you're thinking of Frozen and Cure. It's funny because that's really with these episodes that I saw the differences between them. Maybe because the script was so blatantly written for Daniel that it was easier for me to imagine how this one would have reacted in such situations. I too felt that the main character development for Jonas was brought by CN and not by the writers.
                                Frozen definitely seemed like a "written for Daniel" episode. I really like Daniel, but I wound up really liking Jonas too. I liked his spirit of adventure. "First time in a Death Glider!"

Comment

Working...
                                X