Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurf
    I try to hover but I'm easily distrac...

You should have gone for the holding hands pic:
    http://www.corinnemec.com/su61.jpg

Aww, Sam/Jonas ship.
    Is this better? For some reason I just can not see them as a couple. I think she belongs with Jack and Jonas is more like her brother. But it is cute, aww.

Comment

Welcome to the thread!

She probably did more often than we're mentioning, cos Sam's nice like that. It just kinda got ignored by people like Jack and Hammond.

I love the fluidity of the team dynamic in S6, but (unlike TPTB) I can definately see a Sam, Daniel, Jonas, and Teal'c team working. For a start it would have allowed Sam to LEAD while Jonas could deal with the science, and everyone could be carefully pigeon-holed.

ETA: Anya beat me to it.
      I also loved the dynamics in Season 6. It was unlike all we had seen before. Sam and Teal'c were more important because they had room for other interactions. On the previous seasons almost everything on the team was built around the Jack/Daniel dynamic. Not that it was wrong but it let nothing or almost nothing for the others. I think it was fun to explore and see the new Sam and Teal'c because of Jonas. And I think it would have been much more better to keep him on the team and see him develop a new interaction with Daniel. I wanted very badly a five man team for season 7. And I can also see the Sam, Daniel, Jonas, Teal'c team working. What a pity TPTB missed this golden opportunity.
      Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys

I also loved the dynamics in Season 6. It was unlike all we had seen before. Sam and Teal'c were more important because they had room for other interactions. On the previous seasons almost everything on the team was built around the Jack/Daniel dynamic. Not that it was wrong but it let nothing or almost nothing for the others. I think it was fun to explore and see the new Sam and Teal'c because of Jonas. And I think it would have been much more better to keep him on the team and see him develop a new interaction with Daniel. I wanted very badly a five man team for season 7. And I can also see the Sam, Daniel, Jonas, Teal'c team working. What a pity TPTB missed this golden opportunity.
        Welcome Lys!
        Exactly my thoughts. I still think they could bring Jonas back. Have the Priors visit his would. Intergrate him back into the team. It would not be hard to do. I was very sad to see him leave at the end of season 6. And the funny thing was I was not going to watch Season 6 because Daniel was my favorite character and he was leaving. I actually ended up liking Jonas better. I fell in love with him instantly. And I loved his scenes with Daniel. They were the best. My two cutie pies together.*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
          Is this better? For some reason I just can not see them as a couple. I think she belongs with Jack and Jonas is more like her brother. But it is cute, aww.
          Yep, she should definately be with Jack (but quietly. Threads was too much for me).
          I can see Jonas having a teeny-weeny crush on her though.

Falling for a blond scientist in Fallout, what's that all about?

Comment

Yep, she should definately be with Jack (but quietly. Threads was too much for me).
            I can see Jonas having a teeny-weeny crush on her though.

Falling for a blond scientist in Fallout, what's that all about?
            Got me? I am not sure what he would have seen in her. I wanted him with Ayianna(gorgeous ancient from Frozen) but we all know how that turned out.

Comment

Got me? I am not sure what he would have seen in her. I wanted him with Ayianna(gorgeous ancient from Frozen) but we all know how that turned out.
              I get it now! He's the male version of Sam. Every girl he likes dies (sort of).
              Ayianna, the snake in Kyanna's head, and the woman from Cure - okay, I'm pushing it, but she would have if SG-1 hadn't saved them.

Comment

Ayianna, the snake in Kyanna's head, and the woman from Cure - okay, I'm pushing it, but she would have if SG-1 hadn't saved them.
                Oh ! The big secret is out ! That's the reason why Jonas and Sam got along so well. They both have this dreadly curse. Nah ! I'm kidding. But I so loved their big sister/little brother relationship.
                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Lol smurf. I never thought of it that way but you do have a point. Pushing it a little but still a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                    I'm a Sam fan. I think she did give credit to Jonas where appropriate.

I thought he was a great character and they should have kept him on the show. Then there wouldn't be the problems we are having now. Daniel, Jonas, Teal'c and Sam would do fine for me. I liked the fact he interacted well with everone and that he was smart - the great thing was that he saw things Sam didn't - what a great addition to the team!!

Welcome to the thread! I agree, we wouldn't be having half the problems we're having now if they had origionally brought back Jonas. I think that since he wasn't military, we were able to see a different side to each of the characters that we had not seen before. Yes, Daniel is not military either, but he did start off on a mission to save his wife, and that was his main focus. Jonas on the other hand had to make best of a situation that he couldn't change, and did a great job doing it.

Comment

Ok time for some pretty pictures and then I have call it a day. I will chat with you all tomorrow. XXXX

I really like his hair in this pic

ahh that smile

Too cute!

Oh! How did this one get in here. Oh well enjoy.

Comment

Personally I like that about him. lol, it allows me to write about him with my origional character in my fanfiction series.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                          Personally I like that about him. lol, it allows me to write about him with my origional character in my fanfiction series.
                          Well I definitely want to keep you inspired Amanda!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                            Hold on, that's not a fic hint is it?
                            Nooooooooo! You can't do that!

Comment

That's one of the things I love most about Jonas is how he made Sam and Teal'c much more fun and human.

Jonas and Jack's relationship would have been interesting to have been explored further. I'd actually put Jack in a father figure position.
                              Affection isn't necessary, plenty of people have bad relationships with their fathers, but Jonas does seem to need to be validated by Jack. He looks up to him, and also wants to please him.
                              The way Jonas reacts in Homecoming when he gets told Jack thinks he's a good man is very sweet. Like finally being told by your father that he's proud of you.
                              I agree. Even his haircut in S6 was remarkably similar to Jack's, as if he looked at Jack and said, "this is how a human man should have his hair cut."

I guess I tend to lean toward big brother rather than father because Jonas definitely has the "big sister" thing going with Sam. And since I'm a major Jack/Sam shipper . . . well, that's just too weird to think about the sister figure and the father figure being together. <g> Then again, that would make them siblings, which isn't much better. . .

Never mind . . . I'm giving myself a headache! LOL. Suffice it to say, he definitely looks up to Jack and wants his approval. And not in a "boss" way, but as somebody he really admires.
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Good afternoon everyone!!
                                Jack and Jonas really do have an interesting relationship. I think Jack is like a mentor to Jonas in a fatherly way. I like it when he called him son in one episode. That was really sweet. Jack really started to respect and like Jonas. I also agree that Sam and Teal'c were more fun and human because of Jonas. Ironically Jonas is the most human character they have had on SG1, IMHO. I really liked that Teal'c had more spotlight in Season 6 because of his interaction with Jonas. They really understood each other. It was nice to see Sam's sense of humor as well because of Jonas. She always teased him. It was cute.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Jonas gve us a human perspective that Teal'c, while still a "stranger in a strange land," just couldn't because of his stoicism. He looked at our world through the eyes of a child, while still being all man, and the combination just made him lovable. He made every single character new and fresh and fun, giving them something we probably didn't even know was missing.
                                - Mary
                                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X