Jonas Quinn/Corin Nemec Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurf
    I watched Mansquito yesterday, and actually it's quite goo-, um, not bad. Definitely not as bad as some of the reviews had led me to believe. Definitely not as bad as Mimic 2, Bad Boys 2, or Titanic.

First up I have to say a big thumb's up the DP. I'm sure the movie was cheap budget wise, but it didn't look it. Admittedly they seemed to have used up the budget before they built the monster, but the rest of it wasn't too shabby.
    The problem with the film seems to be the acting (woah there, down with the pitchforks!). Hands up everyone who's spotted that Corin usually does dramatic roles. :needs hand raising smiley:
    Simply the acting is too good for the fricking ropey monster-man-in-a-suit they used. There's really only two ways the film should go when you have good acting and a bad monster (well, three ways but they won't have the budget for the last one); Jaws style where you don't see it until the end, or fiddle with the main character so he's a lot less earnest.
    I know it's cliché, but I think Corin's character could have done with some snarky, dark humour when not with his girlfriend. A few quotable one-liners, and a slight feeling of "I know it's silly, you know it's silly, but let's roll with it" would have pushed this towards cultdom.

Coming back to Stargate.
    I think it is in the commentary for Fallen when Martin Wood says the difference between MS and CN is that CN acts with his hands and MS acts with his face. It's just a comment I've felt was wrong. Corin acts with his face, he just doesn't ACT with his face. And watching parts of Mansquito it brings in an extra character layer which is too good for your traditional cheap creature-feature - especially that bit in the lab just before he takes his girlfriend to the hospital.

In summary:
    Good acting, but needs humour.
    Ropey monster (pretty standard).
    Finally, if you're going to put Corin in a suit, make sure it's a well cut one. Body completely wasted in that suit.
    Lol. I can not argue with anything you said here about that movie. I agree with you on the suit especially. It is the most unflattering thing I have ever seen him in. Like you said. His body was completely wasted in it. But then again we saw plenty of him in a couple of other scenes. Case in point:

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O

*Splish Splash!* Hope you brought your clone. This ones mine. Hee Hee!

Comment

Diving in to join you...

I would if I could swim!
        Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
        The Strongest Will Survive!
        I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Originally posted by jannagalaxy
          I would if I could swim!
          He is giving swimming lessons Janna...also teaching CPR. Lots of mouth to mouth practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
            He is giving swimming lessons Janna...also teaching CPR. Lots of mouth to mouth practice.

ooooooooooooooh! That's convinced me! Lets go!
            Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
            The Strongest Will Survive!
            I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

To Anya...congrats on 300 posts...
              someone wanted me to send him over...
              http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...alon091912.jpg
              just send him back tomorrow morning

To janna...congrats on 200 posts and Jonas is ready to come by this evening to help you work on your breathing technique...just let us know when the door is open, okay?

Comment

To Anya...congrats on 300 posts...
                someone wanted me to send him over...
                http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...alon091912.jpg
                just send him back tomorrow morning
                ooooh! Thank you! You just made my heart skip a beat. Looks like I have a busy night ahead of me!

To janna...congrats on 200 posts and Jonas is ready to come by this evening to help you work on your breathing technique...just let us know when the door is open, okay?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...asdescent5.jpg
                Janna,
                I am not sure I should congratulate you on you 200th post or that Jonas is coming over to help you on your "breathing technique." Congrats on both! Hee hee.

Comment

Anya...be sure to pace yourself...we don't want you to wear out.

Comment

Anya...be sure to pace yourself...we don't want you to wear out.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...nas/cure11.jpg
                    No promises...but I will try not to over excerpt myself.

Still swimming...

Comment

No promises...but I will try not to over excerpt myself.

Still swimming...

Excerpt? You're taking in too much water!

Comment

Excerpt? You're taking in too much water!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...onas/cure7.jpg
                        LOL! I guess your write I should get out of the water now. I am forgetting how to spel.

Comment

LOL! I guess your write I should get out of the water now. I am forgetting how to spel.

Yeah...sweetness melts in the water and since your brain is so innocent, it's practically sugar...*cough*

Comment

Yeah...sweetness melts in the water and since your brain is so innocent, it's practically sugar...*cough*

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...onas/cure5.jpg
                            Lol! Do you think you could explain my sweetness and innocence to the PG police? Maybe then they would not be so eager to hit me with that PG paddle.

Comment

Lol! Do you think you could explain my sweetness and innocence to the PG police? Maybe then they would not be so eager to hit me with that PG paddle.

I'm not sure they'd listen to me...maybe...

AQOJoC: Dear PG police personages, I have known Anya on numerous occassions, I mean, for some time now, and I can assure you that she is VERY sweet.
                              AQO: And innocent
                              AQOJoC: Right, she's innocent...we all know that Jack did it. He comes in and types over her posts when she's not looking.
                              AQOJaC: Yeah, sure...what he said. (I'll be by to collect later, Anya. )

Comment

I'm not sure they'd listen to me...maybe...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87...asmemento1.jpg

AQOJoC: Dear PG police personages, I have known Anya on numerous occassions, I mean, for some time now, and I can assure you that she is VERY sweet.
                                AQO: And innocent
                                AQOJoC: Right, she's innocent...we all know that Jack did it. He comes in and types over her posts when she's not looking.
                                AQOJaC: Yeah, sure...what he said. (I'll be by to collect later, Anya. )
                                ROFLOL! That was good.
                                I will be waiting for you, Jack. I will thank you properly for clearing that up for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X