This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it really worth it for Ba'al???

Ba'al is taking a huge chance changing the past. As it stands he is alive and well. He is one of the only Goa'uld to survive the last 11 years and he wants to change the past for what? Surely he would have a better chance of regaining power by not changing things. At the moment there is only the Lucian alliance (not a formidable enemy), Earth (one planet) and the free Jaffa (a large portion of their population and fleet has been wipred out). All three of these foes are surely more favourable then what he will face when he brings them back? I suppose off the big questions is does he know how to create Anubis grade shields, i will assume he does.

So he goes back in time

System Lords - He may be able to defeat them fair enough

Anubis - How exactly is he planning on taking care of him????

The replicators - While he knows about the dakara device, it seems like bit of a gamble to count on that working again. There is no guarantee the Replicators will not destroy it first this time. He has seen how formidable they are.

The Asgaurd - what does he plan on doing to stop them? They are still a significant threat to him even if they will be busy fighting the replicators.

The Ori - Although he may know about merlins device he has know way off sending it to their galaxy. Although Daniel may not contact them they will still be out thier and will one day inevitable come for the ancients and his galaxy.

The Tollan while not really a threat to the Gou'ald as the don’t like to fight it may be dangerous to bring them back into existence. Although he should be able to take care of them with anubis grade shields.

Asurans - They will be back on their planet minding their own business and Ba'al probably doesn't even realize they exist.

The Wraith - not awaken yet, no civil war, a lot stronger then they currently are.

I am sure there are a few more enemies of Ba'al that i haven’t mention but it seems to me he is better off not changing things. He might know about Atlantis but he can't get there.

Baal seems to have done more than take the Stargate from Earth. From the size of that fleet, and a few other spoilers, he seems to have done stuff to make himself the Supreme System Lord, so he's far more powerful than he was before.

Without SG-1, the Asgard would likely have been wiped out by the Replicators.
    The Replicators didn't even know about the Dakara weapon until RepliCarter probed Daniel's mind.

Comment

At this point he's lost everything, so a chance for a new start? Damn skippy it's worth it!

Comment

Spoiler:
        In the beginning of the movie, he is supposedly about to be executed, so changing the past would be well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by CptSneed View Post
          Spoiler:
          In the beginning of the movie, he is supposedly about to be executed, so changing the past would be well worth it.
          Exactly. He's alive, but not exactly well.

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
            System Lords - He may be able to defeat them fair enough
            All he has to do is bump off Ra and assume role of Supreme System Lord.

Anubis - How exactly is he planning on taking care of him????
            I'd like to know the answer to this to. Interestingly, Anubis's mothership is in the official movie preview.

The replicators - While he knows about the dakara device, it seems like bit of a gamble to count on that working again. There is no guarantee the Replicators will not destroy it first this time. He has seen how formidable they are.
            Since Thor would not have visited Earth, it's unlikely that the Replicators would come to the Milky Way. If they do, all he has to do is turn on the Dakarra device since he now knows how to activate it.

The Asgaurd - what does he plan on doing to stop them? They are still a significant threat to him even if they will be busy fighting the replicators.
            The Asgard are either too busy fighting the Replicators or extinct. Remember, when Anubis came into the picture, the Goa'uld became a threat to the Asgard. The Asgard wouldn't be willing to risk more than maybe one or two ships.

The Ori - Although he may know about merlins device he has know way off sending it to their galaxy. Although Daniel may not contact them they will still be out thier and will one day inevitable come for the ancients and his galaxy.
            The Ori were never aware of the Milky Way until Daniel and Vala messed around with the communication device. Since that device and it's treasure is still hidden on Earth in this timeline, the Ori may never become a threat.

The Tollan while not really a threat to the Gou'ald as the don’t like to fight it may be dangerous to bring them back into existence. Although he should be able to take care of them with anubis grade shields.
            Remember, Anubis took the Tollan out pretty easilly. If Ba'al has obsorbed Anubis's forces, then the Tollan aren't a threat at all.

Asurans - They will be back on their planet minding their own business and Ba'al probably doesn't even realize they exist.
            Actually, this does make you wonder if Ba'al would eventually try to gain access to Atlantis in this timeline. Maybe not during the movie, but it could be on his list of things to do. A reference to Atlantis would be neat.

The Wraith - not awaken yet, no civil war, a lot stronger then they currently are.
            A nonissue, since they don't have the ability to travel to other galaxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post

All he has to do is bump off Ra and assume role of Supreme System Lord.

Exactly.That is fairly easy. Ra was all talk not very strong.

I'd like to know the answer to this to. Interestingly, Anubis's mothership is in the official movie preview.
              It would all depend on what time he goes back to and what state Anubis was in at the time. If he goes back to a time before Anubis ascended he could kill him easily. If so he could stumble upon or still have Anubis's research and rebuild his ship.

Since Thor would not have visited Earth, it's unlikely that the Replicators would come to the Milky Way. If they do, all he has to do is turn on the Dakarra device since he now knows how to activate it.
              Good point.

The Asgard are either too busy fighting the Replicators or extinct. Remember, when Anubis came into the picture, the Goa'uld became a threat to the Asgard. The Asgard wouldn't be willing to risk more than maybe one or two ships.
              Yup. Before that the Asgard had the advantage.

The Ori were never aware of the Milky Way until Daniel and Vala messed around with the communication device. Since that device and it's treasure is still hidden on Earth in this timeline, the Ori may never become a threat.
              Very unlikely that they would be a threat in the altered timeline.

Remember, Anubis took the Tollan out pretty easilly. If Ba'al has obsorbed Anubis's forces, then the Tollan aren't a threat at all.
              Or they were wiped out at a different time.

Actually, this does make you wonder if Ba'al would eventually try to gain access to Atlantis in this timeline. Maybe not during the movie, but it could be on his list of things to do. A reference to Atlantis would be neat.
              If he has the power to travel back in time he could try and siege it before they leave Earth.

A nonissue, since they don't have the ability to travel to other galaxies.
              Yeah they wouldn't be a risk at all.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Interesting.... can't wait to see the movie
                The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
                Spoiler:
                Originally posted by Karhedron
                I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  At this point he's lost everything, so a chance for a new start? Damn skippy it's worth it!
                  I totally agree. Where he finds himself at the start of Continuum is not where he wants to be at all.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

he pretty much lost nearly all power he so used to

its more likely he examined a few of anubis ships and worked out how to do his own when anubis went off glowy
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X