Stargate online game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate online game

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in playing a Stargate text-based online ?
    I've been wondering about making a real world politics game online, but recently I think a Stargate game would attract more reliable players as most players are into the concept itself instead of bombing the **** out of everyone and destroying all built-in diplomatic models.

What idea do I have ?
    Every player own it's own planet in a galaxy with it's own coördinates and starts with the choice between various races (human, humanlike races, asgard, goa'uld and some more new ones) and various technologies. They also start out with 3 other gate coördinates and can explore the universe to other planets with various life forms and conditions.
    Some worlds will posess secret without inhabited life forms, and those secrets might be technologies, gate coördinates tablets or hostile activities.

The goal of the game is to maintain diplomatic relations, grow stronger, maybe even conquer some worlds and set off-world bases to create a real Stargate feel to the game.
    No forum will be installed, you'll only be able to contact the people of the planets you know by PM, and every world has it's message board where discussions and negotiations can take place.

Ofcourse, this is only an idea so far, but before I start building the basics (set up the database for many world with different coördinates and conditions, add new races and languages) I'll have to know if people over here would be interested in seeing such a game. Also, if someone knows quite a bit about PHP, pixelart (visuals for races, gods and icons), MySQL or so and would be interested to set something up, I'd like to know. It's a bit too much to do by myself perhaps, and I think it would really be worth it

I think its a really good idea I would play

Maybe you should look into converting the BlackNova tradrers php scripts

http://www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/7933.html
    download- http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=14248
    http://blacknova.sourceforge.net/

Comment

sounds like a GORM? Will you have to buy weapons and stuff and attack your enemies aswell?
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Buy weapons ? Well, you'll have to invent them en build them. Ofcourse you could trade weapons for a gate coordinate or you could steal them from another planet after victory or in a spy mission.

The game however will have an inbuilt alignment meter that will show whether you're good or evil and so on so don't just attack away

Comment

Sounds cool- you've got a lot of good ideas there! I'd play it

Comment

id play it too. as long as one, you had to manually dial the gate, two, the graphics were great and three, there were plenty of races to chose from.
            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
              id play it too. as long as one, you had to manually dial the gate, two, the graphics were great and three, there were plenty of races to chose from.
              The plan is that you have either a DHD in Flash where you push the symbols one by one, or maybe a computer dial (same concept, different graphics) or a fast dial remote (symbols encrypted in a list)
              But I repeat once more, this looks like a huge project, it WILL take time

Comment

Originally posted by XToDaZ
                But I repeat once more, this looks like a huge project, it WILL take time
                Good luck with it, its gonna take a lot of patience

Comment

For you of for me ?

Comment

sounds interesting, id prolly give it ago!
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by XToDaZ
                      For you of for me ?
                      For both

Comment

Dont use Flash

PHP code with pixelart would be the best

Comment

Originally posted by alphamale
                          Dont use Flash

PHP code with pixelart would be the best
                          True, but if I want to have a nice dialing sequence without reloading the page after each chevron has been entered, I'm gonna need Flash I'm affraid.
                          Or maybe some other programmer's code that I don't know how to use

Comment

You 100% sure? cant you use imagemagik instead of the GD Library? I'm not a coder myself but there must be away

Comment

I'd definitely play.
                              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Working...
                              X