PDA

View Full Version : Ark of Truth - Exclusive UK Content

obsidian1771
April 26th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Got my copy of AOT this morning + on the front is a sticker saying: "Plus unique code to unlock exclusive uk content" - intrigued much?

wizz_kid_sid
April 26th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Got my copy of AOT this morning + on the front is a sticker saying: "Plus unique code to unlock exclusive uk content" - intrigued much?

Oo!!
Don't spoil anything! =P I'm getting it, but everywhere I look (in shops) they don't have it! :(

Where did you get yours from?

ykickamoocow
April 26th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Oo!!
Don't spoil anything! =P I'm getting it, but everywhere I look (in shops) they don't have it! :(

Where did you get yours from?

Im willing to bet he got it from somewhere iin the United Kingdom.

wizz_kid_sid
April 26th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Im willing to bet he got it from somewhere iin the United Kingdom.

LoL

I just wanna know what shop, cause I looked in HMV, Virgin and other places and they didnt have it. So yeah.. I WANT IT >.<

obsidian1771
April 26th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Got it pre-ordered from play.com - the code works on the following website:

www.stargatearkoftruth.co.uk

jnolan
April 26th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Man I feel ripped off. I wish the US would have got Exclusive US content.

jenks
April 26th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Mine was dispatched yesterday, hopefully I'll get it on Monday. :)

General Catflap
April 26th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I got mine todat too, gonna watch it tommorrow

Frontastic
April 26th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I had no idea pre-orders were being dispatched early, just checked and mine was dispatched on Thursday! Thank you Play.com! And extra content you say, this only sweetens the deal! Hopefully it'll come Tuesday! :jack_new_anime18:

sueKay
April 26th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Man I feel ripped off. I wish the US would have got Exclusive US content.

Well you get exclusive content for just about everything else, and can enter the 'get in the gate' and the 'superfan' competitions

plus:

US: $14.99
UK: $23.99

(both prices from amazon. UK price converted at reuters)

I'd rather pay the US price and have no extra content

ashman2
April 26th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I got mine this morning as well, play.com sends out everything early because of how unreliable our postal service is at times, they sent out Transformers and the first Futurama film to me 8 days before it was due ot be released. To be honest the stuff isn't all that epic, it's good, but I guess I was expecting a little more. Nice all the same though

Frontastic
April 28th, 2008, 12:25 PM
My DVD just arrived today but I can't get onto the site. It just keeps saying "coming soon". Anyone else having this problem? The really annoying thing is that I was able to get onto the site last night, but I had no code.

jenks
April 28th, 2008, 01:13 PM
My DVD just arrived today but I can't get onto the site. It just keeps saying "coming soon". Anyone else having this problem? The really annoying thing is that I was able to get onto the site last night, but I had no code.

Same here, it's a pain in the arse.

dannysgirl8
April 28th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Oooookay! Where does the code go for the exclusive content please!!

Bagpuss
April 28th, 2008, 10:47 PM
My DVD just arrived today but I can't get onto the site. It just keeps saying "coming soon". Anyone else having this problem?
*Raises hand * Yup ! How soon is "soon" ,I'd like to know....

Oooookay! Where does the code go for the exclusive content please!!
No idea.The site still hasn't gone active,so I suppose we'll just have to keep checking .:)

**Edited to add **

Ok..scratch that !
Everything's up and running now.Register first ,then fill in all the required sections .

There are two vids and several pics we can download as wallpapers.
Vid 1 : RCC giving the Doci and crew their prep and instruction to set up a stunt.

Vid 2 .Setting up some booms .;)

Re the pics ,some already appeared via Andreas on the AOT Promo pics thread and/or the SG Hub thread .

No idea if there will be any other stuff available,but it looks like the code only works for 5 visits.

Frontastic
April 29th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Its weird the site seemed to be active up until Monday, and not active on the day of release! Does anyone else think the extra content is a bit..welll...crap. Also whats with the code only being usable 5 times? The extra content isn't quite that good! Still I suppose its better than nothing.

Bagpuss
April 29th, 2008, 02:31 PM
To be honest,I don't really need the wallpapers ,and would have preferred a bit more than directorial mumbles in the "exclusive" vids ,but as you said,'tis better than nothing.

When I read that bit about five visits max,I thought..so what happens if one tries to visit a sixth time ? Does the Ori flame total the site display ? :D

John W
April 30th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I have a question about this offer. Is it just certain copies, depending on where you bought it from?

The reason I ask is that most places I've seen it available in (WH Smiths, Zavvi, Woolworths) have a red sticker on the front about the "Road Taken" prelude feature on the DVD. Whereas HMV have a silver sticker on the front about the prelude and the aforementioned UK-Exclusive content.

I figured that the UK-Exclusive content was available regardless where you buy the DVD from, so I bought mine from Zavvi (since they were almost the cheapest). But there was no special insert inside the case and no code.:( So I'm guessing I've now got to return my current copy and go spend 1 more to get the UK-Exclusive content.

I'm very puzzled by this, since in the past there have been inserts in the DVD cases of all the Stargate DVDs, regardless of where you buy them from.

May 1st, 2008, 07:23 AM
i preordered on amazon, had no sticker and got a bonus content leaflet... so i dunno.

Bagpuss
May 1st, 2008, 11:02 PM
The flyer/code was supposed to be included with all the Region 2 & Uk discs .:)

On the registration page MGM have a drop down menu of the details they want from participants .and Zavvi are on that list ,so it's up to Zavvi to refund the cash you spent ,John ,unless they can provide you with the access code .

http://www.stargatearkoftruth.co.uk/

If you click on the "Have you registered " hyperlink ,you'll see what I mean .

John W
May 2nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
The flyer/code was supposed to be included with all the Region 2 & Uk discs .:)

On the registration page MGM have a drop down menu of the details they want from participants .and Zavvi are on that list ,so it's up to Zavvi to refund the cash you spent ,John ,unless they can provide you with the access code .

http://www.stargatearkoftruth.co.uk/

If you click on the "Have you registered " hyperlink ,you'll see what I mean .

OK, thanks for that. I had a feeling it was something to do with the flyer missing. It's not the first time it's happened to me with a Stargate DVD. There were only two copies on the shelf at the time too, the other one was already open. Looks like I'll have to get a refund and then buy another copy elsewhere.

Bagpuss
May 2nd, 2008, 11:30 PM
Glad to help you out a little,John ,and good luck getting Zavvi to cough up the refund.:)
(Actually ,they may have more copies in stock by now ,so you might get lucky with a swap and avoid paying the extra elsewhere .)