Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone up for home-editing THE ARK OF TRUTH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone up for home-editing THE ARK OF TRUTH?

Okay, I know I'm just being foolish here, but here's what I'm thinking-

We rewrite history and have the SG-1 series go out the way it should have, in a big way.

Is anyone here good at video editing? (And I mean pretty fancy editing...you'll see what I mean.)

1) Remove the ARK OF TRUTH opening credits, and split the remainder of the film into two halves.

2) Fix up the closing credits to they can be attached to both halves. (May actually have to recreate the closing credits; I haven't seen the movie in a couple weeks, so I forget how they looked or what if anything was onscreen with them.)

3) Use the opening credits from the season ten finale, and attach it to both halves of ARK OF TRUTH.

4) Do something fancy with the audio and video so we fade in after the opening theme. The title "The Ark of Truth" and "The Ark of Truth, pt 2" appear onscreen.

5) Possibly even do the above two steps with a one or two minute teaser before the opening credits and themesong. At the start of part two, the teaser will be a few scenes from part one, with a voice lifted from an earlier two-parter "Previously, on Stargate SG-1..." (Whose voice? Your choice from ANY earlier episode.)

When you're all done, you have "the final two episodes of SG-1, closing out season ten and the series in a big way".

We redesignate Ark of Truth as episodes 10.21 and 10.22, and we smile with impish satisfaction, having overturned SciFiChannel's evil plans.

Yes, I am half serious about this. I know it can't be sold like that or anything, but it'd be fun to do (if only I had the software and know-how), and if one or more of you can.... *grin*

(if only I had the software and know-how)
    http://www.videohelp.com/

sigpic
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post

Thanks, but this was for people who can do it immediately, not someone like me who'd have to buy a bunch of new software and then go thru an extended learning period before being able to do it decently.

Comment

Originally posted by ECN View Post
        Thanks, but this was for people who can do it immediately, not someone like me who'd have to buy a bunch of new software and then go thru an extended learning period before being able to do it decently.
        I know how to do it but it would be a difficult project, not to mention I don't feel it needs to be edited.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

don't have to buy any software, whatever you want to do, someone will have created 'freeware'(thats not a euphemism for 'pirated' software) to do it.

and it took like maybe 5 whole minutes for me to learn how to cut a movie

sounds to me like you just don't want to do it yourself
          sigpic
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Windows movie maker will be able to do that easily enough. it isn't exactly the best program to use but it works.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Okay, I know I'm just being foolish here, but here's what I'm thinking-

We rewrite history and have the SG-1 series go out the way it should have, in a big way.

Is anyone here good at video editing? (And I mean pretty fancy editing...you'll see what I mean.)

1) Remove the ARK OF TRUTH opening credits, and split the remainder of the film into two halves.

2) Fix up the closing credits to they can be attached to both halves. (May actually have to recreate the closing credits; I haven't seen the movie in a couple weeks, so I forget how they looked or what if anything was onscreen with them.)

3) Use the opening credits from the season ten finale, and attach it to both halves of ARK OF TRUTH.

4) Do something fancy with the audio and video so we fade in after the opening theme. The title "The Ark of Truth" and "The Ark of Truth, pt 2" appear onscreen.

5) Possibly even do the above two steps with a one or two minute teaser before the opening credits and themesong. At the start of part two, the teaser will be a few scenes from part one, with a voice lifted from an earlier two-parter "Previously, on Stargate SG-1..." (Whose voice? Your choice from ANY earlier episode.)

When you're all done, you have "the final two episodes of SG-1, closing out season ten and the series in a big way".

We redesignate Ark of Truth as episodes 10.21 and 10.22, and we smile with impish satisfaction, having overturned SciFiChannel's evil plans.

Yes, I am half serious about this. I know it can't be sold like that or anything, but it'd be fun to do (if only I had the software and know-how), and if one or more of you can.... *grin*
              I miss the point of this. If, at least, it was like a phantom edit of TPM, with Jar Jar crap removed, I could understand (although AoT would probably end being as long as a trailer by then), but make it two episodes... is it just to say "hey guys, look, these were nothing more than two episodes"?
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                I know how to do it but it would be a difficult project, not to mention I don't feel it needs to be edited.

Well, then thank you for your helpful contribution to the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
                  don't have to buy any software, whatever you want to do, someone will have created 'freeware'(thats not a euphemism for 'pirated' software) to do it.

and it took like maybe 5 whole minutes for me to learn how to cut a movie

sounds to me like you just don't want to do it yourself
                  That was mean spirited on your part.

I meant what I said. I don't have the software or the know-how, and have no idea how to look for such "freeware". I know very little about this.

As for the comment made earlier, that it'd be very hard to do, you seem to be saying the opposite, which is what I'd suspected. I've edited TV shows before using a VHS home-use machine that could do audio and video dubbing in addition to regular recording.

The results were to my liking. Just what I'd been aiming for.

I just don't have any idea how to do it with computer software. Changing the audio for a few moments, fading in and out, and so forth, plus speeding up the run-thru of the end credits [I've checked on those since the thread started]...adding episode titles onscreen...all of this would be beyond me.

Unless someone gave me a little more direction? (Hint-hint.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                    I miss the point of this.... is it just to say "hey guys, look, these were nothing more than two episodes"?
                    Did you read the original post, or just skim it?

The point is to make the movie be as if it were the final two episodes of the series, as if the TV show hadn't been cancelled. It's just a bit of fun. Nothing serious, just a bit of fun.

As for any negative intentions, as if to slam the film, again, you seem to have not read the opening post.

Comment

That was mean spirited on your part.
                      spare me the righteous indignation, you're asking for someone to re-cut/edit a movie for you, something that people get paid quite a lot for!! in the industry

I meant what I said. I don't have the software or the know-how, and have no idea how to look for such "freeware". I know very little about this.
                      the link above has step by step guides and links to all the free software.
                      'virtualdub' unzipped is only 1.6mb........ it won't red line your bandwidth to download it (even on dial-up internet)

I just don't have any idea how to do it with computer software.
                      neither did I, i searched for a site that would tell me how to do it(see link above, they even have pictures!!)
                      Changing the audio for a few moments, fading in and out, and so forth, plus speeding up the run-thru of the end credits [I've checked on those since the thread started]...adding episode titles onscreen...all of this would be beyond me.
                      i don't know how to do that either i just chop out/re-edit clips/mp3's for my mobile phone/psp, maybe with a bit of sound gain thrown in, if i could re-edit films effectively, i wouldn't be in the crappy job i'm in

Unless someone gave me a little more direction? (Hint-hint.)
                      (link-link)
                      sigpic
                      -Liberty Prime

Comment

Did you read the original post, or just skim it?

The point is to make the movie be as if it were the final two episodes of the series, as if the TV show hadn't been cancelled. It's just a bit of fun. Nothing serious, just a bit of fun.

As for any negative intentions, as if to slam the film, again, you seem to have not read the opening post.

ECN, they read your original post, they were just pointing out that your original post had been a bit vague (and I might add, they did it in a way that was not mean spirited). Just try to be as specific as possible and avoid taking offense at everything.

Comment

Working...
                        X