This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the Ha'taks are that powerful?

Just kidding. Apparently, Ba'al needs to bring a fleet of a hundred ships to achieve what 0.1% of the US army could achieve...

Why is he messing around instead of, well, you know, just nuking the entire world from orbit, cause it's the only way to be sure?

You know, we're talking about that guy who had an habit of leaving exploding gifts which, upon blowing up, eradicated millions of lives in no time flat.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Whoa, whoa, whoa! This planet has a certain dollar value attached to it!
    This time... it's war!

Comment

Like?

And this prevents blasting a portion of the ocean's surface how?
      It would be in Ba'al's best plans to immediately level all major population centers.

Why is he dic'kin' around with his fleet? Or is it, again, a question of the big naughties bringing their ships above Earth (again), and doing near to nothing?
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

How about you wait and see what happens when the movie comes out?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          LoL!
          Agreed.

Comment

i agree i hope a few cities get destroyed at least, if the timeline gets restored then perfect oppotunity to show what the Goa'uld could have done to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
              Just kidding. Apparently, Ba'al needs to bring a fleet of a hundred ships to achieve what 0.1% of the US army could achieve...

Why is he messing around instead of, well, you know, just nuking the entire world from orbit, cause it's the only way to be sure?

You know, we're talking about that guy who had an habit of leaving exploding gifts which, upon blowing up, eradicated millions of lives in no time flat.
              If all you do is complain why are you even here?
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                If all you do is complain why are you even here?
                ditto, kiddo

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
                  i agree i hope a few cities get destroyed at least, if the timeline gets restored then perfect oppotunity to show what the Goa'uld could have done to earth.
                  Spoiler:
                  I personally think the AT Earth will be leveled - a couple of F-15 are no match for a Goaul'd fleet! Not that it would matter that much to SG-1 which will change the timline to the original one during the fight

Comment

Actually I think that is exxactly what they will do. This episode will be a more personal, and beginning look at the episode from Season one. "There but for the Grace of God." At least that is the feeling I got from watching the trailer.

Comment

Goa'uld want people to be afraid, not dead, so they can turn them into slaves/worshippers/hosts/etc.

Plus it would be a pretty short movie if everything just blew up.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Hold me back.
                        This looks as retarded as the Borg ship firing hand grenades in First Contact.

"It's because Ba'al wants to take his time and show who's ur daddy!"

Oh yes, I see that:
                        "Jaffa, set the guns at rabbit-fart-on-booze level, and point them at that bland and dark watery surface where no one lives. That should teach them."

Ok, then I'm totally thrilled!

Word.

It's not like I'm asking to turn the surface into lava y'know. There's quite an obvious gain in dealing quick damage on certain parts of a world though.
                        Ba'al would have all the time he wants to play with the survivors.
                        Oh but wait, Ba'al, who's been rather smart this far, knows that no chance should be left to SG-1.

Why wouldn't I be surprised if this was just a directorial setup to have some nice CGI sequences with yellow stuff raining in the background, just cause it looks cool?
                        What the ha'taks do is pretty much pointless. They're hitting nothing, not even aimed at anything of relevance, and the bolts are pathetically anemic.
                        They won't even afray anyone, since the trailer shows that it's happening at night, somewhere over the ocean.
                        Most convincing. I surely believe this is the most logical target to fire at, since whales and dolphins (especially Flipper) will be able to report what they saw to the humans, who will suddenly coil in terror, due to the shockzor factor of the news.

Spoiler:
                        "While SG-1 attends the execution of Baal, the last of the Goa'uld System Lords, Teal'c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate program has been erased from the timeline. As they try to convince the authorities what's happened, a fleet of Goa'uld motherships arrives in orbit, led by Baal, his queen, Katesh (Vala), and his first prime, Teal'c. SG-1 must find the Stargate and set things right before the world is enslaved by the Goa'uld."
                        (MGM press release - January 15, 2007)

Any reason to hold back and just do something totally absurd as that?
                        Even random System Lords have been shown to use low yield with more intelligence, at least, and Pops was smart enough to bomb cities back to dark ages the minute he opened fire.

We have certainly not understood by now what they could do to Earth.
                        Alternate timelines, you never get tired of them.

Oh, wait. You actually do. Unless you have find it perfectly enjoyable to cowardly (ab)use it again and again as far as to make Trek go blush.
                        Stargate's reset buttons have really become a running joke.

To Mitchell82: If only you knew why!

Comment

I'm fairly certain that some spoilers have said they have a Stargate on a ship at some point. Maybe that's what the Ha'taks are firing at, and why the dogfight is out in the ocean...

If the movie comes out and it turns out that you're right about all of this, then you can complain 'til the cows come home. But complaining about this now seems a little ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                            I'm fairly certain that some spoilers have said they have a Stargate on a ship at some point. Maybe that's what the Ha'taks are firing at, and why the dogfight is out in the ocean...
                            They're shooting randomly.
                            But yes, we could expect that ship to be hit and sink.
                            Of course, I'd actually expect that ship to be utterly vaporized in the newly created mass of plasma from the barrage of half a hundred ha'taks shooting their guns at the ocean, but you know, there has to be a plot, so I will, on the contrary, expect low yield blasts hit the ship and voila.

If the movie comes out and it turns out that you're right about all of this, then you can complain 'til the cows come home. But complaining about this now seems a little ridiculous.
                            What I find absurd is seeing all those ships fire at the planet, at various points of the ocean and else, and from space, we still see nothing of importance.
                            Like, y'know, noticeable blossoming fireballs.
                            Of course, when you consider the absurd speed which the bolts are moving at... even the missiles fired by 304s are way faster than that.
                            Falling blobs never get old I see. Chances that it's just to look cool? Oh, possibly a lot.
                            Actually, I'm sure that if they could have made those bolts travel even slower, they would.
                            But there's just a point where you can stretch credibility before it snaps.

If I'm wrong, I'll stand corrected and shut up. If I'm right, I'll laugh my ass off at the predictability of this whole setting for fancy flashy effects.

The fact that Ba'al even launches death gliders tells me that this is just an excuse to have a pretty background for the dogfight over the ocean.

We'll see.

And, huh, is it Carter in that F-something? The voice is incredibly similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                              Hold me back.
                              This looks as retarded as the Borg ship firing hand grenades in First Contact.
                              Wait did we see the same movie as that was definitely one of the top ST movies and I don't remember the Borg ship firing hand grenades.

"It's because Ba'al wants to take his time and show who's ur daddy!"

Oh yes, I see that:
                              "Jaffa, set the guns at rabbit-fart-on-booze level, and point them at that bland and dark watery surface where no one lives. That should teach them."

Ok, then I'm totally thrilled!

Word.

It's not like I'm asking to turn the surface into lava y'know. There's quite an obvious gain in dealing quick damage on certain parts of a world though.
                              Ba'al would have all the time he wants to play with the survivors.
                              Oh but wait, Ba'al, who's been rather smart this far, knows that no chance should be left to SG-1.

Why wouldn't I be surprised if this was just a directorial setup to have some nice CGI sequences with yellow stuff raining in the background, just cause it looks cool?
                              What the ha'taks do is pretty much pointless. They're hitting nothing, not even aimed at anything of relevance, and the bolts are pathetically anemic.
                              They won't even afray anyone, since the trailer shows that it's happening at night, somewhere over the ocean.
                              Most convincing. I surely believe this is the most logical target to fire at, since whales and dolphins (especially Flipper) will be able to report what they saw to the humans, who will suddenly coil in terror, due to the shockzor factor of the news.

Spoiler:
                              "While SG-1 attends the execution of Baal, the last of the Goa'uld System Lords, Teal'c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate program has been erased from the timeline. As they try to convince the authorities what's happened, a fleet of Goa'uld motherships arrives in orbit, led by Baal, his queen, Katesh (Vala), and his first prime, Teal'c. SG-1 must find the Stargate and set things right before the world is enslaved by the Goa'uld."
                              (MGM press release - January 15, 2007)

Any reason to hold back and just do something totally absurd as that?
                              Even random System Lords have been shown to use low yield with more intelligence, at least, and Pops was smart enough to bomb cities back to dark ages the minute he opened fire.

We have certainly not understood by now what they could do to Earth.
                              Alternate timelines, you never get tired of them.

Oh, wait. You actually do. Unless you have find it perfectly enjoyable to cowardly (ab)use it again and again as far as to make Trek go blush.
                              Stargate's reset buttons have really become a running joke.

To Mitchell82: If only you knew why!
                              If you truly have no plan to actually watch the movie thats fine but at least stop assuming your opinions are fact.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X