X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ghould mothership vs wraith hive

which would win?

i know its prob been done before, but ive not found a thread for it

i think anubis mothership would defeat a hive, obviously because he had ancient technology, but a standard mothership, i dont think would

ahh sorry, just realised this might not be the right place to post this, so if an admin could move it to the correct forum please.

thankyou

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=22908

Comment

Originally posted by nova View Post
        which would win?

i know its prob been done before, but ive not found a thread for it

i think anubis mothership would defeat a hive, obviously because he had ancient technology, but a standard mothership, i dont think would

Nice post. I think a Hive would win a one on one battle versus a Mothership, Wraith Hives, being mostly organic, can regenerate damaged parts of the hull, tho im sure this would take some time... Wraith Hive weapons are actually quite strong too, they can deplete our BC shield quickly with enough direct hits and our shielding is based on Asgard tech, which surpasses the Goa'uld tech. My point being that Mothership shielding would be weaker and yet fail more easily and with no shields the wraith weapons would shred thru the hull.

Wraith Hive (1), Mothership (0)
        Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

i agree with you

only gould that could defeat a hive, was anubis, with his ancient knowledge

Comment

I agree I think a Wraith Hive ship would win against a regular ghould mother ship.
            The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
            The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
            The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
            You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
            You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

Isn't a 'ghoul' something that lives up in the basement?

I think you mean Goa'uld...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                Isn't a 'ghoul' something that lives up in the basement?

I think you mean Goa'uld...
                You beat me to it. Anyway a Goa'uld mothership wouldn't stand a chance against a hive.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  You beat me to it. Anyway a Goa'uld mothership wouldn't stand a chance against a hive.
                  So like yesterday I beat Brian (for quality time with Todd and/or Mikey) and now I beat the Mitchell? I'm getting good!

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                    So like yesterday I beat Brian (for quality time with Todd and/or Mikey) and now I beat the Mitchell? I'm getting good!
                    Or lucky
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Or lucky
                      Hmm, you're right. It's only two out of two so far...

Comment

I'm sorry but I have to go with "Mothership". We've seen them take hits from nukes before while the wraith have succumb to them. ( I know, you can't compare nukes hitting a shield to being set off inside the ship, and in the later episodes the yields are higher)
                        What can I say.... I just can't let go of what started it all.
                        sigpic

Comment

One on one , Hive ship against Goa'uld ship, the Hive would win. Now say, any Wraith queen with a hive or three against a Goa'uld systemlord with twenty ships, I say the Goa'uld. Hives can pound on the Daedalus or Apollo shields because they only have a target or two and deplete the shields fast. I think the Ancients never built many ships (we've seen about 5) (just like us) because they used gates for travel and because of this they lost the war.

Just my opinion. Another is send 100 motherships to Pegasus and wipe the Wraith out. They won't do that though because of a moral issue so they're trying to "cure" them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Charon View Post
                            I'm sorry but I have to go with "Mothership". We've seen them take hits from nukes before while the wraith have succumb to them. ( I know, you can't compare nukes hitting a shield to being set off inside the ship, and in the later episodes the yields are higher)
                            What can I say.... I just can't let go of what started it all.
                            Those nukes impacted the shields and didn't detonate.
                            The explosion you saw was intact the fuel of the rocket exploding not the nuke itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeon_1 View Post
                              Those nukes impacted the shields and didn't detonate.
                              The explosion you saw was intact the fuel of the rocket exploding not the nuke itself.
                              Also, not sure how much of a difference it would have made, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that before Earth had the naquadah-enhanced warheads?

Comment

Working...
                              X