PDA

View Full Version : the oldest wraith?

nova
April 22nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
just wondering, how old, the oldest wraith actually is (speculation only i guess)

and would that wraith be a queen? or a soldier

dasNdanger
April 22nd, 2008, 08:04 AM
No idea - but I think the 'Superwraith' in Sateda was pretty dang old, and we know 'Greg' (The Defiant One) was at least 10,000 years old, and Todd may be as well, based on his knowledge of the cloning facility used during the war with the Ancients. But there certainly may be much older Wraith out there - it would be very interesting if they revealed the oldest living Wraith, and did an episode based on that character.

das

naamiaiset
April 22nd, 2008, 08:06 AM
the submersion queen, the defiant one and todd would be safe guesses as the oldest so far.

nova
April 22nd, 2008, 08:07 AM
i agree, but, i would have thought the oldest wraith, would certainly have alot of power, perhaps a king/queen wraith

nova
April 22nd, 2008, 08:08 AM
although todd had/has alot of hives that are loyal to him, does that make him a wraith king?

naamiaiset
April 22nd, 2008, 08:14 AM
todd said he had great standing. I think he might've been one of the top commanders in the ancients war. the writers need to explain these things. ;)

nova
April 22nd, 2008, 08:15 AM
i agree, the mystery about the wraith was great, in season 1, but its season 4 now, and we barely know anything about them

marty2006
April 22nd, 2008, 08:18 AM
Impossible to know, however todd looks like one of the oldest imo, wether or not thats due to his time with the genii i am unsure.

naamiaiset
April 22nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
i agree, the mystery about the wraith was great, in season 1, but its season 4 now, and we barely know anything about them
I doubt that'll change... the wraith are being kind of phased out in S5. :S

nova
April 22nd, 2008, 08:23 AM
i heard that a new race is being introduced, but for me, the wraith are should always be the main enemy, especially since theres so much we dont know about them, altho if this new race is powerfull, it means they have hidden/fought the wraith, so perhaps they can shed some info on them

naamiaiset
April 22nd, 2008, 08:32 AM
i heard that a new race is being introduced, but for me, the wraith are should always be the main enemy, especially since theres so much we dont know about them, altho if this new race is powerfull, it means they have hidden/fought the wraith, so perhaps they can shed some info on them
the only way I'd want the wraith as a main enemy again is if they were strong like season 1/2. all it takes is a few bullets to kill them now.

nova
April 22nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
perhaps if the oldest wraith comes back, he/she unites the wraith :D

nova
April 22nd, 2008, 08:42 AM
todd incharge, with the entire wraith vs micheal and his hybrids would be a good story

perhaps atlantis would help todd, then go back 2 being at war with the wraith and todd

naamiaiset
April 22nd, 2008, 08:46 AM
"wraith vs atlantis" has been done to death. the outcome is predictable. there's more the writers could do with todd than just make him a villain to kill.

nova
April 22nd, 2008, 08:48 AM
sorry, my last post was'nt clear, but, being at war vs the wraith, i was thinking, we could be on the attack vs the wraith

instead of them coming, attackin us as atlantis, we could go on the offensive against them, attackin there hives, and the planets they live on, etc....

naamiaiset
April 22nd, 2008, 08:56 AM
remember "the siege"? ;) if atlantis did that and todd rallied the wraith/told them the city wasn't destroyed, atlantis wouldn't stand a chance. a fake self destruct wouldn't save them twice.

Cavil
April 22nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
No idea - but I think the 'Superwraith' in Sateda was pretty dang old, and we know 'Greg' (The Defiant One) was at least 10,000 years old, and Todd may be as well, based on his knowledge of the cloning facility used during the war with the Ancients.

das

I agree, i view 'Superwraith' from Sateda as a very old wraith, he had that look about him that he had been alive for maybe tens of thousands of years, we was very bulky looking compared to the more slender framed Wraith commanders that we have seen and he had a lack of hair... either that represents him as old, or he could just be a Wraith who is stressed out too much accounting for the hair loss! Lol! Either way he has been my favorite Wraith so far.

The Wraith from 'The Defiant One' was old too, your right with him being 10,000 odd years old.

Not so sure about Todd, hes old but im sure theres more out there who view him as reletivly young.

jelgate
April 22nd, 2008, 09:27 AM
remember "the siege"? ;) if atlantis did that and todd rallied the wraith/told them the city wasn't destroyed, atlantis wouldn't stand a chance. a fake self destruct wouldn't save them twice.

The problem with that is Todd doesn't know the location of Atlantis. He never saw the gate address.

nova
April 22nd, 2008, 09:29 AM
The problem with that is Todd doesn't know the location of Atlantis. He never saw the gate address.

true

the only way todd knows of contacting us, is through the tablet rodney gave him, for the relay station

naamiaiset
April 22nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
todd hacked rodney's computer, you can't be sure just what information he has.

jelgate
April 22nd, 2008, 09:36 AM
todd hacked rodney's computer, you can't be sure just what information he has.

Why would they keep their own gate address in their computer.

naamiaiset
April 22nd, 2008, 09:38 AM
Why would they keep their own gate address in their computer.
I didn't say they did, but there'd be some kind of reference to atlantis' location? (at least I'd think so)

nova
April 22nd, 2008, 09:39 AM
obviously, not everyone in atlantis knows the location, new people may not, but im sure they wont keep it on the database, more likely write on paper, so they can memorize

YutheGreat
April 23rd, 2008, 06:40 AM
todd said he had great standing. I think he might've been one of the top commanders in the ancients war. the writers need to explain these things. ;)

I do not think that he would say he was the Wraith king it would just give Atlantis a reason to hold him. He said he could get 12 ships to join the battle. Our early estimates indicated that there are 60 hives. So he commands 20% of Wraith population anyway you cut it that is a lot especially considering he was captured by the Genii.

He is probably a high ranking commander. He might have wiped out the Ancient fleet before the seige or he may have been the one to build the clonning facility.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see an episode: The Progenitor.

The very first Wraith. He lives on a planet in secluded meditation. Every month a dozen humans are sent to him to appease him. Kinda like Blade.

Fjord
April 23rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
I do not think that he would say he was the Wraith king it would just give Atlantis a reason to hold him. He said he could get 12 ships to join the battle. Our early estimates indicated that there are 60 hives. So he commands 20% of Wraith population anyway you cut it that is a lot especially considering he was captured by the Genii.

He is probably a high ranking commander. He might have wiped out the Ancient fleet before the seige or he may have been the one to build the clonning facility.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see an episode: The Progenitor.

The very first Wraith. He lives on a planet in secluded meditation. Every month a dozen humans are sent to him to appease him. Kinda like Blade.

I like that idea...that could be a great episode. although i think the projenitor of the Wraith race would be female. All the queens cold be descended from a single queen...possible enginneered by an ancient

SpaceCowboy
April 23rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
I like that idea...that could be a great episode. although i think the projenitor of the Wraith race would be female. All the queens cold be descended from a single queen...possible enginneered by an ancient

Okay, I guess the question is: how closely do the Wraith resemble Terran communal insect species?

Ant colonies and bee hives have one queen which is the only fertile female in the community. Periodically, in addition to the male drones and the androgenous workers, the queen produces several new queens. Since the colony/hive can only have one queen, the new queens usually fly away from the colony/hive fairly quickly, taking with them any number of drones and workers. In this way, new colonies/hives are created and the species expands and thrives.

It makes sense, given what we have seen of the Wraith, that they are indeed a matriarchal hive structure that can exist for time without a queen, but must have a queen in order to grow and survive. This kind of structure also explains Elia, the young Wraith girl in "Instinct".

There has to be a way to produce new queens, but from what Todd said in BAMSR, the lack of queens on many hive ships is a major problem that would seriously effect the balance of power amongst the Wraith. Since new queens must come from old queens, if the old queens did not want the competition, they would merely stop allowing any new queens from maturing. A hive without a queen could only survive so long, and a faction without sufficient queenly leadership would stand no chance at all.

Hence the importance of "The Queen" to Todd and his faction.

HOLY FEEDING GROUND, BATMAN.

JSPuddlejumper
April 23rd, 2008, 07:13 PM
The new enemy if powerful, how can it be from Pegasus?

Asurans/Ancients were hunting pretty much everything in Pegasus, and they did not find it? HIGHLY UNLIKELY. Pegasus is tiny compared to the MW.

Asuran Auroras were everywhere!

Then the Wraith would be aware of this enemy, since they been around a long time in Pegasus, which in turn means the Asurans and humans would find out.

If the powerful enemy is from Pegasus, it is a plot hole.

Fjord
April 23rd, 2008, 08:04 PM
The new enemy if powerful, how can it be from Pegasus?

Asurans/Ancients were hunting pretty much everything in Pegasus, and they did not find it? HIGHLY UNLIKELY. Pegasus is tiny compared to the MW.

Asuran Auroras were everywhere!

Then the Wraith would be aware of this enemy, since they been around a long time in Pegasus, which in turn means the Asurans and humans would find out.

If the powerful enemy is from Pegasus, it is a plot hole.

How do we know that the new race is an enemy? it has not yet been confirmed (atleast to my knowledge) that the new race is an enemy. But anyways...waht does that have to do with the oldest wraith?

knowles2
April 24th, 2008, 08:43 AM

obviously, not everyone in atlantis knows the location, new people may not, but im sure they wont keep it on the database, more likely write on paper, so they can memorize

yeaahh, and this the same team that let wraith upload data onto computers containing hyper drive schematics, and left enough data on the gate bridge to expose it to a full attack by wraith.

And they would not even need the address, a picture of the sky would be enough to calculate Atlantis location, the tok'ra could do it so can the wraith being more advance and all., todd being telepathic could of easily pick that information out of Rodney or one of the other marines, all it would of need would one stray thought, and given how todd new exactly how to get under rodney skin, it would been easy for him to do.

kymeric
April 24th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I would think the first wraith would have to be able to reproduce, obviously. That spells queen 2 meh!

PG15
April 24th, 2008, 11:52 AM
It all depends on how the Wraith evolved though. If they started off as mutations then a whole group of humans/Ancients could've been mutated into Wraths before they started reproducing the ole' fashion way.

GoSpikey
April 24th, 2008, 01:09 PM
People start speaking about reproduction, and PG jumps in...

Now that's a scary thought! :eek:

:P

PG15
April 24th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Er...um...I'm in it for the science!

Yes! That's what it is! :p

GoSpikey
April 27th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Oh, sure... !

:P

Coremae
May 30th, 2008, 03:53 PM
writers and the rest of their block, allow far too many enemies to get pass their guard towers. Had they'd been Sentries, they would've lost their heads.
Lets look at Lost. Lost put a lot of smack out there; outlandish silly tales, somewhat interesting stories and then BANG! Everything fit together perfectly.

It's season 5 ya'll, wheres the bang. Lets stir the pot and hope the Execs see that they're killing our show. Fix it Fix it Fix it.

The Wraith is by far the most under developed race in Stargate history. With that statement, I'm pretending the Asgard/Nox/furlings/changelings/ascended ancients/___________(fill in the blank) never existed since all those previous had little to no explanation, or plausible explanation. All this reminds me of George Lucas, his characters has so much potential but he's at a loss of how exactly to use them. And like the Execs from SGU, they won't step aside to allow some one else to save these characters.