why dont.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why dont.....

why dont earth/atlantis start to manufacture there own weapons, im sure the info will be in the atlantis computor, if they dont already know how, or they could duplicate ronans gun.

i know the pi-90 is a very accurate gun, but using bullets limits them, they can only use it aslong as they have ammo, plus ronans gun seems accurate, and is powerful

We do.

Comment

its just i get the idea that the pi-90's r atlantis trade mark guns

id like 2 see em lose them, and get something advanced

Comment

They arnt trademakrs to atlantis, they first appeared in sg1 (season 4 i think). Using p-90's and other projectile weaponry is required because it gives us our own identity and goa'uld energy weapons from sg1 arnt brought over again to give atlantis its own identity.

Comment

Also there's the cost of manufacturing more advanced weapons. Also projectile weapons have worked pretty well for us so far. I mean we defeated many a goa'uld with them, the replicators (and we were the only ones who could do anything to them). The wraith seem to be taken down pretty easily by them (although admitedly we've seen a zat blast drop them like a stone as well.) and they were alright combating the followers of the ori. Why turn away from what works?
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Guns are effective and cheap. Plus we already have the infrastructure in place to produce them and not have to worry about national security or anything since there's nothing top secret. Energy weapons look cool, and seem uber advanced, but they aren't much better then guns and in some circumstances aren't useful at all.

Comment

the why not Energy bullets. It's a normal bullet that once hit liberate a large amount of energy.

If the enemy is impervious (cool word, isn't it?) to energy, it's as good as a bullet. If not, well it will take a huge chunk of him.

But remember : Guns are bad so leave it to really good guys like
              La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
              L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Projectile weapons, such as a P90, is easier and cheaper to manufacture then energy weapons.

Comment

i think naquada tipped bullets will do, i hit from them will cause a small explosion the size of a fist!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

I think that the projectile weapons like P-90s are good enough, Even though A couple of Zat's would be good at atlantis. They seems to be more effective than the Wraith-Stunners...

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                      i think naquada tipped bullets will do, i hit from them will cause a small explosion the size of a fist!!!
                      More along the lines of a few kilos of C4 actualy.

Comment

to make an explosion with naquadah about the size of a fist, you would need a nanogram of naq. A bar the size of a brick, weighs probably 40 pounds from it being dense, would power a deathglider for a few months.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                          Not to mention blow chucks out of the place you're shooting in when you miss. Whoops I just pierced the midway station and it imploded.

Fail.

(Ronans gun does have 'ammo' I believe. Sort of like an energy reserve that depletes as it fires....I mean energy doesn't just appear out of thin air)

Comment

While it is possible for us to now have our own energy weapons, speaking from a personal PoV I prefer the p-90s, simply because if we all used energy weapons, SG would lose one of the things that makes it so appealing - the fact that it is set now and using standard Earth stuff.
                            If we lose the P-90s, then we're one step closer to a bog standard scifi show.

Plus, P-90s make any battle scene so much cooler. It just doesn't get better than having bullets flying about fired from a P-90.

Also, for those who frequent Joe's blog, there are videos of Christina Cox, Nicole De Boer, and Janina wassername getting gun training. There is something very hot about a woman firing a semi-automatic weapon....

I need help.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                              While it is possible for us to now have our own energy weapons, speaking from a personal PoV I prefer the p-90s, simply because if we all used energy weapons, SG would lose one of the things that makes it so appealing - the fact that it is set now and using standard Earth stuff.
                              If we lose the P-90s, then we're one step closer to a bog standard scifi show.

Plus, P-90s make any battle scene so much cooler. It just doesn't get better than having bullets flying about fired from a P-90.

Also, for those who frequent Joe's blog, there are videos of Christina Cox, Nicole De Boer, and Janina wassername getting gun training. There is something very hot about a woman firing a semi-automatic weapon....

I need help.
                              Nuff said.

Comment

Working...
                              X