Next tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next tech

The next enemy race the Tauri encounter what do you want to see from them tech wise, Do you want to be impressed by there tactics or there technology or there superior numbers?

ORI = Unstopable (We never stopped them, they stopped by themselves)
    Goauld = Numbers and sheer shock and awe of there technology.
    Wraith = Superior numbers, genocidle aliens with reasonable tech.
    Replicators = unstopable, very nice tech and numbers.
    Assurans = Tech and production rates.

How would you like to see the next enemy race be able to kick our arse all over the universe??
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
    The next enemy race the Tauri encounter what do you want to see from them tech wise, Do you want to be impressed by there tactics or there technology or there superior numbers?

ORI = Unstopable (We never stopped them, they stopped by themselves)
    Goauld = Numbers and sheer shock and awe of there technology.
    Wraith = Superior numbers, genocidle aliens with reasonable tech.
    Replicators = unstopable, very nice tech and numbers.
    Assurans = Tech and production rates.

How would you like to see the next enemy race be able to kick our arse all over the universe??

I'd like to see a race that we foster like the asgard fostered us. we slowly bring up someone to our level of tech.

Gelasius

Comment

tactics or at least common sense
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

how about a race that have tech (little bit behind us) except they use tactics that usually throw us off balance.

We have the Tech except this time having Tech is useless against guerrilla warfare.

Say we (the Stargate Universe) expand our territories to places like the Alpha site and other planets, and these planets are self governing countries under the earth alliance (earth is the Tauri capital)

Suddenly without warning we have a new threat, our expanded planets are under attack from an unknown enemy that uses fear and chaos to disrupt order in these place.

They stay in hiding, they use terrorist tactics, etc etc.
        Tech's not gonna help us, we have to outsmart them, if we knew who they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel View Post
          how about a race that have tech (little bit behind us) except they use tactics that usually throw us off balance.

We have the Tech except this time having Tech is useless against guerrilla warfare.

Say we (the Stargate Universe) expand our territories to places like the Alpha site and other planets, and these planets are self governing countries under the earth alliance (earth is the Tauri capital)

Suddenly without warning we have a new threat, our expanded planets are under attack from an unknown enemy that uses fear and chaos to disrupt order in these place.

They stay in hiding, they use terrorist tactics, etc etc.
          Tech's not gonna help us, we have to outsmart them, if we knew who they were.
          How about a race that's as military capable (infantry-wise) as us, but on our technological level (except for the fact that their ships kinda outclass 304s, but we have new, better ones). A race whose society and culture is as sophisticated and diverse as us. A race that has as many diverse weapons as we do. A race essentially like Earth, yet completely opposed to us. That's what I'd like to see.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
            How about a race that's as military capable (infantry-wise) as us, but on our technological level (except for the fact that their ships kinda outclass 304s, but we have new, better ones). A race whose society and culture is as sophisticated and diverse as us. A race that has as many diverse weapons as we do. A race essentially like Earth, yet completely opposed to us. That's what I'd like to see.
            Not bad. But if you were to have a race that was essentially like earth, then we'd have to have a good reason we are fighting each other.
            You'd probably need a decent back story and a history of how our two cultures went to war.
            It wouldn't be as simple as, "they eat our life force" or, "They make us slaves".
            It'd very very interesting though.
            You get green

Comment

Yes, I agree a FOIL version of us. (For those that don't know, means exactly like us, but different personality wise).

Here is a possible backstory:

-We meet people like us, explorers that have cobbled tech together from various sources.
              -They have some fundamental belief, either some racist or sexist belief. Just like we have imposed on so many cultures, they try to convince us that their way is correct, we try to convince them our way is right.
              -Through either some heated arguments, freak accident, or simply pure malice, we erupt into a sort of Civil war. Exactly like us, in terms of tactics and technology.

What do you think? And what kind of reason do you think would work?

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
                I like this as well. A race at the level Earth was when they built the 303s. They don't have sophisticated ships but they have a very effective infantry. This actually has a basis if it were set in the Pegasus galaxy. ATlantis has met humans with space ferring technology that survive the Wraith:

The Travellers.
                The ones that nuke themselves so they can hide inside their moon.
                Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

I always liked the idea of the Lucian Alliance. A crime syndicate with slightly less advanced ship technology but superior resources and much bigger fleet using every kind of dirty tactics (minefield etc). There was (and still is BTW) great potential in that storyline. If a new leader could emerge with a strong position, upgrade their ships with some fancy new technology they could be a really nice enemy. The only problem is that they are in the milky way galaxy and we don't have a show that's set here anymore.

Comment

How about the humans from the episode Memento (6x20).

When the damaged Prometheus entered the orbit of the planet Tagrea we accidentally made en explosion and they assumed they were under attack.
                    They were probably more advance than the Tau'ri except without the Stargate Technology (and their tanks).

We trade with them, share tech, resources, become allies. Then slowly one series of events after another lead to war. Maybe we accidentally blow something up. Maybe a change of government on their side starts the downfall.

And in Atlantis
                    The planet that let the Wraith feed off their criminals. They had some pretty cool tech. If all of them didn't get culled they may have a grudge against Atlantis and be building an army and some cool new ships.

Comment

I do like the idea of the human enemy, I originally wanted a race like that in the first few seasons but we stay friends and we grow at a fairly similiar tech level and help each other out (like when Anubis attacked Earth). I think it would be cool.

I definetly want to fight someone who knows tactics like any warior race should, Mayb reasonable technology like Prometheus level technology. Maybe we could get into fire fights because they find Sheppards team pinned down by the Wraith and go to assit but get caught n the crossfire and only 1 of there scientists get to there home and not being a solidier got confused and thought we attacked and killed them. It would explain any hostilities in the future.

Comment

id rather have an enemy thats not a normal enemy, but someone with different morals and ideas. they have tech similar to us, plothole free, and have consistent results. and a nice fleet and good looking tech

Comment

What if the race starts out as friendly then Shepard applies our own "Superior" Morality and they become our enemies. How would you guys feel about that?
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                            What if the race starts out as friendly then Shepard applies our own "Superior" Morality and they become our enemies. How would you guys feel about that?
                            Yeah i would love to see:

Sheppard: 'Your civilisation is doing it wrong you shouldn't treat your people like this'
                            Alien: 'Get the **** off our planet, there are people we'll treat them how we want'

I would laugh for hours.

Maybe it should be like a communist society but that works and beleives in free morales and such just a communist stlye of running there civilisation (Like the Federation on startrek).

Comment

Add this to the list (for people like us):

An enemy that isn't evil. Good guys that we just cannot get along with for any reason. An enemy that is totally understandable that the audience can sympathize with.

In other words, we don't want to kill them, they don't want to kill us, but for some reason, both sides have to.

Neutrals could even get caught in the middle and have a big bone to pick with both sides. There, we've even got a second enemy for the price of one.

This type of plot line would allow them to portray the main character's moral troubles with following their orders at times.
                              Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Working...
                              X