This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did they never return to P7X-377?

has anyone working on SG-1 ever said why they never returned to P7X-377?

i mean.. there is a human there and an enemy of the goa'uld... kinda dumb to never return..

Originally posted by Kebab Gud View Post
    has anyone working on SG-1 ever said why they never returned to P7X-377?

i mean.. there is a human there and an enemy of the goa'uld... kinda dumb to never return..
    Yes, I wish they revisited the story with Daniel's grandfather and those aliens. Maybe in one of the future movies, but I would not get my hopes up...

Comment

SG-1 was primarily a first contact team, among other S&R/combat duties.

It's not really unlikely that subsequent contact between the SGC and the aliens of P7X-377 was carried out by a different team.

Comment

It might have something to do with the fact the actor playing Daniels grandfather is dead...

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Wait, which one was P7X-377?

Comment

Giant aliens, crystal skull

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                He is now, apparently he died yesterday... well according to that wikipedia article anyway.

Comment

The reason they never revisited there is because they were powerful aliens willing to help us. It was too early for us to have such a powerful ally. It's a shame they introduced them in the first place. The episode was good, but it could have ended with them being unwilling to help us, but being open minded, thus allowing daniel's grandfather stay to earn their trust.
                  I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Chris Judge should voice Quetzlcoatl in the new movie!
                    sigpic
                    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                      SG-1 was primarily a first contact team, among other S&R/combat duties.

It's not really unlikely that subsequent contact between the SGC and the aliens of P7X-377 was carried out by a different team.
                      yeah but i wish atleast we would get atleast i bit more info about who they are by daniel talking to someone about the aliens so we could find out a bit more info

Spoiler:
                      Favourite SG-1 Quote
                      CARTER: You can't be serious.
                      O'NEILL: What?
                      JACKSON: It's the only way.
                      O'NEILL: What?
                      CARTER: No, we agreed.
                      O'NEILL: If I have to say "What?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                        Yes, I wish they revisited the story with Daniel's grandfather and those aliens. Maybe in one of the future movies, but I would not get my hopes up...
                        Thank you, I was wondering what the hell the original post was about
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          The reason they never revisited there is because they were powerful aliens willing to help us. It was too early for us to have such a powerful ally. It's a shame they introduced them in the first place. The episode was good, but it could have ended with them being unwilling to help us, but being open minded, thus allowing daniel's grandfather stay to earn their trust.
                          MS tried to get them to revisit it with a plot that would have had them go to the planet and bring back Nicolas Ballard to help with exploration in the jungle where he had previously found the skull. The plot was changed out of all recognition and became Evolution, pts 1 and 2.

Comment

Working...
                          X