Zat vs Ancient Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zat vs Ancient Dragon

In "The Quest Part 2" we saw that Dragons are a real alien species in trhe Stargate Universe, found somewhere in the galaxy and that have been used (domesticated or not) by the Ancients as gaurdians of thier technology.

In this episode we found out they are atleast the size of a T-rex, can fly, have great strength, can naturally breath fire, have thick armour which reflects bullets and can even survive a C4 exsplosion from the inside.

So my Question (Which I hope has not been asked b4) is:

What would happen if you used a Zat on the Dragon? (It don't have to be once. or just the one Zat, btw)

EDIT: Since this thread was created the topic have moved in a new Direction. You can still post any insights you may have towards the above topic. However this thread has become more of an "all in one" talk about the Dragon, especailly in terms of the points of view between it being a real living creature of a hologram.
    I now like to think of this thread as the "Offical Dragon Thread: Real or Hologram?"
    Last edited by MechaThor; 28 April 2008, 10:33 AM.
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Am I not remembering things correctly? Wasn't that dragon a hologram?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
      Am I not remembering things correctly? Wasn't that dragon a hologram?
      Bullets Bounched! Cam even said "well its not a Hologram!"

There4 it must have been a real living creature! The fact it disappeared when its "name" has said, just means it was teleported back into storage (or where ever it was kept).

Plus it Ate the C4! a Hologarm can't eat! (unless its Red Dwarf and you have a hard light hologram, but this is Stargate)
      sigpic
      Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

Or it was some sort of robot, either way I don't think it was alive. I also think it was most likely based on Earth myths that Moros encountered when he descended.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
          Or it was some sort of robot, either way I don't think it was alive. I also think it was most likely based on Earth myths that Moros encountered when he descended.
          I think it was Alive, I mean whats to say a creature like that can't Evolve on its own?

I would prefer it if Earth Dragon Myths where based on this Alien Dragon Animal seen in the Quest. Not the other way around.
          It would make alot more sense that way, as all the ancient Earth Gods and stories are based on aliens, why not some of Earths mythological beast myths aswell?
          sigpic
          Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

it could have simply been an interactive hologram like the holographic knight

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
              Got to agree. I think it was the same technology as the knights. The Ancients reached a level of technology so beyond our understainding, that i'm sure that they could easily make holograms such as the knights and the dragon.
              Trailers and PR
              Stargate: War Begins team
              http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
              forums:
              http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                Exactly.

Barring strict holography (and Star Trek style holography that can make holograms solid), it could also have been a small object that projected a hologram and had force fields that caused the bullets to ricochet and created the flames to shoot out.

Comment

I would say that it was an advance hologram and that a zat would do nothing.

Comment

what about a hard light object

Comment

The Hologram idea is good, dispite they fact they said in the Episode "Its not a Hologram"!

I agree that the Knights hologram you could interact with, but you could only interact with it using the Sword in the stone (I can't belive I am still talking about Stargate at this point), It was shown that bullets went trough the knight, as if it was not there, while bullets bounched of the Dragon, which also made very Real Fire, Holograms can't make fire.

I know the ancients where advanced, but even the Atlantis holograms you could not interact with. There4 if the Dragon was a hologram, the hologram would have been too advanced for the levels we have seen the ancients create.

There4 it must have been a real living creature, and anyways whats wrong with it being real? Its adds another alien to the show. Plus it being a real Alien is far better than it being another boring old hologram. It would also exsplain where all the dragon myths on Earth come from!
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

it is used in many sciencefictions

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                          The Hologram idea is good, dispite they fact they said in the Episode "Its not a Hologram"!
                          As far as they knew. However, they had no way of knowing for certain what it was.

There4 it must have been a real living creature, and anyways whats wrong with it being real? Its adds another alien to the show. Plus it being a real Alien is far better than it being another boring old hologram. It would also exsplain where all the dragon myths on Earth come from!
                          So there was just a really, really big stasis chamber at the bottom of the cavern and it was there for thousands of years with no detrimental side-effects from being in stasis that long and it was magically keyed to attack when they tried to retrieve the stone and to stop attacking and disappear completely when they said Ganos Lal's name?

That's just a bit too hard to believe.

Comment

Mitchell said that. (I think) And he is no McKay or Carter.
                            And the Atlantis hologram was designed to teach very small children. And if the Ancients can make a hologram which can kill somebody (knight) and let some objects pass through, but not others (sword/bullets) then they can just reprogram it, so that it can more easily keep up the legend. So when they come with arrows, those wouldn't just fly through, but bounce off. Same thing with bullets/c4) And if you watch carefully, the smoke from the c4 explosion flows out through the dragons neck. Not too dragon-ish i think.
                            Trailers and PR
                            Stargate: War Begins team
                            http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
                            forums:
                            http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

Don't forget that the dragon was designed as a more general purpose guard and not a specialized "this is a test of the emergen..." sorry wrong thing...but you get the picture. The knights were to test people to see if they were worth or some such thing.
                              I'm going with the hologram theory.
                              When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                              Zatnikitelman

Comment

Working...
                              X