Which Tech On Future Ships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Tech On Future Ships?

Well since we already have the entire Asgard knowledge base, it'd seem logical and easier that any future Earth ships like the Phoenix et al will be implementing Asgard tech.

Though I was wondering whether we know enough about Ancient tech like their shields, weapons etc. to actually incorporate them into our ships as well?
    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

No, Asgard tech is much easier to incorporate because the Core was designed as a user frindly interface.

Comment

Eventualy with the knowledge we've already aquired we can undoubtably make a few definetly invincible battleships.

If you take what we already know about shields plus the shield tech out of the Asgard database and Ancient databse we can make the bufferless shield (Invincible but the more the pounding the more power it requires). But if you add that with an Arcturas device which eventualy we'll learn how to make it work properlly willl provide the endless power for the shields.

Weapons will obviosly advance further probebly along the lines of Asgard beams and drones. These weapons won't change much apart from get more powerful.

Engines will eventualy pretty much instantaneos travel with the knowledge we've gotten plus Arcturas.

Transporters don't need to be changed adapt the range maybe eventualy make a galactic wide transporter grid for example beam raw ore from Chulak to Earth. Maybe a stealth transporter that makes no sound or light making it harder to visualy see.

Phase shifting technology would be the best thing for a ship imagine being able to cloak and phase a battleship sneaking next to the enemy fleet and opening fire when phased the enemy would'nt be able to destroy your ship as the weps would go right through. Also possible with merlins device + Arcturas.

Also with the Wraith beam tech we can will be able to move populations off planets without having to worry about feeding them as they can remain inside the buffer if we expand the beam we can relocate the entire population of Earth to another planet in the time it takes to travel.

Also they'l be like the luxury ships on startrek with replicators and holodecks as we already have that tech but with improvments could be in every crewmembers quaters.
      Last edited by a6346; 19 April 2008, 12:03 PM.
      if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        No, Asgard tech is much easier to incorporate because the Core was designed as a user frindly interface.
        Yes of course that goes without saying. What I'd like to know is whether there are some aspects of the Ancient tech that are superior to the Asgard by comparison, maybe shields since Atlantis' one seem to hold out pretty well against constant Wraith bombardments (not that Asgard shields aren't powerful when against Ori blasts ), and it'd be more compatible to ships with a ZPM onboard like the Odyssey.

It just doesn't make much sense to me that we have an expedition at Atlantis and we can't even learn something useful for humanity's benefit and more importantly the defense of Earth. I'd imagine that by now McKay and co. should've figured out how a Jumper's cloak works, for example, and if we can adopt that for our ships...hell even the Goa'uld equivalent would do!

sigpic

Comment

Atlantis's should need a ZPM, they drain teh ZPm for the equivalent amount of power of a hit. Starships use bufers to store energy over time form tehir power source, this gives them mor eendurance in firefights.

I predict:
          -Inercialess relativistic kill vechicle capable of strikign targats on the other side of a solar system
          -Nanite repair that can repair damage to the ship and replenish onbard stocks
          -Beam based missle launchers
          -The adition of a dedicaled point defence system
          -A wiple shield double hull

I imagine starghsips will start to resemble to fictional BOLO tanks.

Comment

earth yet still less advanced needs to biuld tech that is not deemed as 'asgard' or 'ancient' based technology even though they have both their databases, the time will come as evil races will call them tauri technology

i reckon earth ships should incorprate the asgard beam transporter like in thors chariot, even though earth ships are way smaller than the beliskner, it would help if beaming tech is offline and you use it to take away smaller ships like darts or gliders

but as the years get on the earth ships will be freakin massive and earth will dominate the galaxy
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
              Eventualy with the knowledge we've already aquired we can undoubtably make a few definetly invincible battleships.

If you take what we already know about shields plus the shield tech out of the Asgard database and Ancient databse we can make the bufferless shield (Invincible but the more the pounding the more power it requires). But if you add that with an Arcturas device which eventualy we'll learn how to make it work properlly willl provide the endless power for the shields.
              We will never have an Arcturus. It was stated in 'Trinity' that the physics behind the Arcturus device were impossible.
              If you mean the device from 'McKay and Mrs Miller' which wasn't Arcturus, more of a device based on it, we can't use that until we find a way to make it work off an unpopulated universe, which we can't currently do.

Weapons will obviosly advance further probebly along the lines of Asgard beams and drones. These weapons won't change much apart from get more powerful.

Engines will eventualy pretty much instantaneos travel with the knowledge we've gotten plus Arcturas.
              See my above statement about Arcturus, plus instantaneous ship travel would ruin the show, so never going to happen, if it is even possible within the context of SG-tech.

Transporters don't need to be changed adapt the range maybe eventualy make a galactic wide transporter grid for example beam raw ore from Chulak to Earth. Maybe a stealth transporter that makes no sound or light making it harder to visualy see.
              I imagine something like that would use an immense amount of power, plus if we had galaxy wide transporters, why would we use Stargates. That sort of advancement would kill the show.
              And if there was a 'stealth transporter' that you couldn't see or hear, it would make transporting look like the product of a show from the 70s. Without effects, it just looks cheap.

Phase shifting technology would be the best thing for a ship imagine being able to cloak and phase a battleship sneaking next to the enemy fleet and opening fire when phased the enemy would'nt be able to destroy your ship as the weps would go right through. Also possible with merlins device + Arcturas.
              Fanwank!

Also with the Wraith beam tech we can will be able to move populations off planets without having to worry about feeding them as they can remain inside the buffer if we expand the beam we can relocate the entire population of Earth to another planet in the time it takes to travel.
              Using power, using power, using power...

Also they'l be like the luxury ships on startrek with replicators and holodecks as we already have that tech but with improvments could be in every crewmembers quaters.
              Atlantis's should need a ZPM, they drain teh ZPm for the equivalent amount of power of a hit. Starships use bufers to store energy over time form tehir power source, this gives them mor eendurance in firefights.

I predict:
              -Inercialess relativistic kill vechicle capable of strikign targats on the other side of a solar system
              And where is this technology going to magically appear from? That is what is known as a plot device!

-Nanite repair that can repair damage to the ship and replenish onbard stocks
              Wouldn't this make ship battles somewhat boring?

-Beam based missle launchers
              How would this even work?

-The adition of a dedicaled point defence system
              That would be nice. I suppose that's what the 302s are supposed to do in the rare cases they are ever launched.

-A wiple shield double hull
              What?

I imagine starghsips will start to resemble to fictional BOLO tanks.
              Don't get that reference, can you post a pic and/or link?

Comment

BOLO:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolo_%28self-aware_tank%29

Wipple shield: a thin plate in fornt of the armour that causes incoming projectiles to splater, untill it's full of holes.

Inercialess misles: all SG ships use an inercialees drive to maneuiver and fky in atmosphere, all it woudl tak eis to miniaturise the technology. Looka a ta tel'tak.

Nanite reair: not really, wepons fire is going to cause more damage than they can repair in a reasonabel time frame, a ship would have to retreat fro a few hours to make repairs.

Beam based misle lauchers: upload target info into missle, beam missile outside hull(removes the problem of having missle sturn in the direction of the enemy ship becuase they were fired in another direction).

Comment

Adequate powersource should be the main concern.

After that, anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                    Adequate powersource should be the main concern.

After that, anything else.
                    NIGs.

Comment

Shields: Asgard type

Engines: Aside from Intergalactic engines. Asgard special sublight engines. In the first Ori invasion the O'neil class ship the asgard brought in was very manueverable compared to the other ships.

Weapons: Naquadah enhanced nukes, Asgard plasma guns, Mark 9 Gatebusters, weapons of last resort,

Med deck: Asgard medical stasis pods, others

Others:
                      Asgard hologram projector
                      Matter converter
                      Asgard beams: The only way to travel.
                      Asgard core power source
                      30 replicator spiders. They are for repairs they don't replicate.
                      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Is this thread even in English?

Comment

Originally posted by Orii View Post
                          Is this thread even in English?
                          Lol yes I think some of you missed the purpose of this thread and got kinda carried away with fantasizing about what kind of cool, fancy tech we should put on Earth's next super-duper killer ship.

In my first post I intended to raise the issue on whether any future Earth ships that may appear in the show should feature solely Asgard tech, or rather incorporating some elements of the tech we might have learned from Atlantis and the Ancient database and such.

So IMO it would seem illogical for the lack of any Ancient tech on our battle cruisers since Atlantis is pretty much in the same tier as an Asgard core in terms of it being the Ancients' legacy and contains their most up-to-date achievements on all aspects of their civilization.
                          Last edited by gkyun; 19 April 2008, 06:34 PM.

sigpic

Comment

BOLO:
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolo_%28self-aware_tank%29

Wipple shield: a thin plate in fornt of the armour that causes incoming projectiles to splater, untill it's full of holes.
                            Thanks for the reference. So you mean something along the lines of ablative armour in ST - a sacrificial layer of the hull intended to take the weapons hits thus protecting the rest of the ship.

Inercialess misles: all SG ships use an inercialees drive to maneuiver and fky in atmosphere, all it woudl tak eis to miniaturise the technology. Looka a ta tel'tak.
                            Actually the 302 uses standard engines, not sure about the 304s, although the most popular theory is that they are Ion-based. IIRC we've never seen a purely Tauri ship use Inertialess technology so I think it's safe to assume that we never managed to reverse engineer it.

Nanite reair: not really, wepons fire is going to cause more damage than they can repair in a reasonabel time frame, a ship would have to retreat fro a few hours to make repairs.
                            Although Atlantis has (unrealistically imho) accelerated the rate of our advancement in nanotechnology, specifically our ability to make human form Replicators (yeah right!), I don't think we're advanced enough in that field that we could be confident that using billions of nanites to repair our ships wouldn't come back and bite us in the bum at some point (malfunctions, etc)

Beam based misle lauchers: upload target info into missle, beam missile outside hull(removes the problem of having missle sturn in the direction of the enemy ship becuase they were fired in another direction).
                            When reading your first post, for some reason I thought you meant Asgard energy beam based missile launchers! I wondered how that was going to work! At the moment, the only species missile are really likely to be used against are the Wraith and their beam jamming poo poos this idea.

Comment

Maybe oneday will will find some Furling Tech and use that?

Who knows maybe they could be the best Sheild or Weaopon building race out there, or have something new? Like teleporters whicxh can teleport a ship around the galaxy, without the need for hyperspace? Or advanced hologarms which deplicate fleets of hologramatic ships?
                              Sub Space weapons?
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me
                              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X