This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M7g-677

The planet with the kids, with the energy field that makes it "too much effort" for the Wraith to attack and cull. I was thinking after the end of season 4 with the plague going around the galaxy, would the Wraith - purely out of desperation - try to cull this planet? or at least capture it using more "primitive"/"brutal" means then their stunners and darts? If their food supply is running low and most has been poisoned, it makes sense.

What do you all think?

Actually, this planet was mentioned sometime in season 4. It was either in BAMSR or Midway. I think they said that that device that created the force field had broken down and they sent someone to fix it. Can't remember exactly though.

Comment

Yeah, it did broke down and they sent Radek to fix. Can't remember the episode name though.

Edit: And wouldn't be surprise if the Wraith did indeed cull that planet.
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

You're thinking of season 2's "Critical Mass" and it was that they were "having problems" with their generator. Having problems could mean anything from it's not performing a laser light show ever 6 hours to it's going to self destruct the ZPM. It doesn't guarentee that the generator was broken and non functional.

Comment

To the OP's question, yes i could easily see the wraith resorting to brute force tactics to get those kids.. though that makes me wonder how 'filling' they would be??

Comment

Originally posted by Angelgrinder View Post
            Actually, this planet was mentioned sometime in season 4. It was either in BAMSR or Midway. I think they said that that device that created the force field had broken down and they sent someone to fix it. Can't remember exactly though.
            It was McKay who mentioned this planet that he had to go to to fix something with their sheild when he told Sheppard he couldn't come to Earth with him to attend Sheppard's father's funeral in Outcast.
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

That thing always seems to be breaking down. I seem to recall several episodes where it has been mentioned that they had to go and fix it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                To the OP's question, yes i could easily see the wraith resorting to brute force tactics to get those kids.. though that makes me wonder how 'filling' they would be??
                I see two alternatives. Either they're not that filling because they're young and can't really stand the strain of being fed on as long as an adult.

OR

They're better then adults because they have much more youth and life in them then a full grown adult human. Of course, the wraith wouldn't normally feed on children because their "feeding grounds" wouldn't be able to be sustained if the new crop is harvested too early.

Comment

*walks in*

can i just be a smart arse and say that addresses starting with M are actually moons.

*walks out*

Comment

probs the kids playing with it as kids do lol and broke itthen call some1 in to clean up there mess etc lol

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                      It was McKay who mentioned this planet that he had to go to to fix something with their sheild when he told Sheppard he couldn't come to Earth with him to attend Sheppard's father's funeral in Outcast.

Oh right, that's it! I completely mixed things together.

Comment

Working...
                      X