This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How will Continuum end? (Spoilers)

There are so many Goa'uld ships around Earth in the trailers. So the solution can be:

a.) They make a remake version of Lost city and the outpost will kill everybody on Antartic with drones.
    b.) Maybe the Goa'uld Systemlords will kill each other. Maybe the Tok'ra will divide them.
    c.) The Earth fleet will be effective. But! If there is no SGC, than there can't be X-303 or X-304, so it is bit unbelievable that F-15-s will destroy the hostile armies.
    d.) They will find an ally to help. Maybe the Asgard or an other race (Tollan, Aschen, Nox or Serrakin) will return with ships, because they are not dead in the alternative timeline.
    e.) The top secret "why could Ra never return to Earth with motherships in the last centuries" mechanism will be activated. Perhaps the Ancients will do something.

So the basic question. What will SG-1 do for the victory? Will it be a deus ex machina again?
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Technically they need to go further back in time when Baa'l intervened ~ 1940. Remember when Sam, Daniel and Cam go to the AT it's still 2007-2008 in the AT. So either they use the same means Baa'l used to travel back in time or Jack will once again fly the puddle jumper! (I hope it's the latter)

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      There are so many Goa'uld ships around Earth in the trailers. So the solution can be:

a.) They make a remake version of Lost city and the outpost will kill everybody on Antartic with drones.
      b.) Maybe the Goa'uld Systemlords will kill each other. Maybe the Tok'ra will divide them.
      c.) The Earth fleet will be effective. But! If there is no SGC, than there can't be X-303 or X-304, so it is bit unbelievable that F-15-s will destroy the hostile armies.
      d.) They will find an ally to help. Maybe the Asgard or an other race (Tollan, Aschen, Nox or Serrakin) will return with ships, because they are not dead in the alternative timeline.
      e.) The top secret "why could Ra never return to Earth with motherships in the last centuries" mechanism will be activated. Perhaps the Ancients will do something.

So the basic question. What will SG-1 do for the victory? Will it be a deus ex machina again?
      Good question. But they already did almost all of these in the show. Maybe they will come up with something new. But I am sure they will try to get some help because they know Earth can't defeat the Goa'uld forces alone. It also depends what they consider more important. Fixing the timeline or saving this alternate timeline Earth first.

Comment

Hmmm. I never thought that your solution will be so easy. It reminds me to the "Back To The Future II". But I am worried a bit, how they will tell this story for us. So they will see the destruction of Earth, than they will flee in time earlier to prevent it. I hope they won't involve any WWII scene or something stupid Nazi storyline as the gossips said earlier.

And I don't know how can they return to their future if every past action creates a new alternate future. I hope BW has found something creative for this problem, because I can not understand how can everybody remember to their life? Vala and Teal'c will disappear in real time! I think they wanted to say that Baal and SG-1 will remember, because try to imagine what will happen on Earth, if the humans can re-live their past for a short time? Or what will happen with dead characters? Nirrti has died five years ago, so she can't know anything about the galaxy and the last living Goa'uld Systemlord's fate. Why should Baal care about them? It would be logical that he will kill every hostile Goa'uld. Or will he say to them, that they have to serve him, because otherwise the SG-1/ Anubis / kull warriors / replicators will kill them in the future? So I don't know what will happen, but I think I will get a head-ache, if I try to find out the solution of Continuum.
        Last edited by Platschu; 18 April 2008, 09:01 AM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Time travel is a very complicated thing. I don't even try to guess how they will fix the timeline again. I will just wait and see. This way I won't get a head-ache.

Comment

If Teal'c and Vala is disappeared from theirs team, it means that the change in the past has an active effect on our time-line. Basically, it should never happen, because they used earlier the other time travel theory, that every decision create million multi-verse. I think it will connected to a strange wormhole activity or whatever.

The past of Teal'c and Vala will change. Teal'c will serve Baal instead of Apophis, so maybe the Goa'uld had a big battle against each other. Vala will be a Goa'uld Queen, so she didn't meet with the Tok'Ra, who could take away the parasite Quetesh from her body. So if they push somehow the reset button at the end, than what will happen with them? How can they return to their "normal" life? The only option is that only Mitchell, O'Neill and Carter will remember what they have done for their friends and Earth in the "alternative" past.

Comment

Maybe they leave Earth to be destroyed and find a way to prevent Baal's interference?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                Maybe they leave Earth to be destroyed and find a way to prevent Baal's interference?
                Silly Sally said the same. They have to stop Baal before he changed everything. But how can they return to the future than? Earlier every time traveler died in the SG universe (like Weir in Before I Sleep, the SG-1 in Moebius), because they couldn't return to their left behind future because of the existing endless multi-verse.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  Silly Sally said the same. They have to stop Baal before he changed everything. But how can they return to the future than? Earlier every time traveler died in the SG universe (like Weir in Before I Sleep, the SG-1 in Moebius), because they couldn't return to their left behind future because of the existing endless multi-verse.
                  Except for '1969' and 'The Last Man'
                  Spoiler:
                  (although Shep traveled to the future and back)

Comment

And tried to imagine what will feel the holo-McKay that he has to live alone in a destroyed future. Maybe he is brave and he will delete himself from the city's memory as a suicide decision. But I think it is not enough good answer, that "I will sacrifice my whole life that I can save on other reality". I think it is a bit unbelievable. In spite of the case e changed the past and so can Sheppard save the galaxy in season 5, but we should never forget that he and holo-McKay lost their life for this move.

1969: Well. It was a good episode, but as a plot... I think it had mistakes and even BW said it too. Hammond knew them from the start, but he didn't speak about it? Hmmm... Okay, I can accept it, but they had to return to an other future at the end of the episode. I know that they couldn't feel it, because every future became their future. So the time travel created a new life for them etc. They couldn't return to the such timeline, where they were disappeared at the beginning of the episode. I know there is only a very minor difference between these two reality, but it could have been wrongly.

I've almost forgotten 2010. I liked that they sacrificed themselves for a better future, but it doesn't mean that the Aschen's futuristic Earth went with them. It is still active and only SG-1 died in a terrorist attack. Janet has to live in a dark future without her friends. etc. I hope you understand me why the time travel is a big risk in a story line.

Comment

it will end with Ba'al getting his just deserts and everything will be back to normal...standard ending for all time travel stories.

how I would LIKE it to end is totally different....

I would like the movie to end with consequences for their actions. Instead of restoring the timeline I would like to see the movie stuck with alternate from the altered time line...maybe even never restore the timeline but instead have the SGC back to square one.

No matter what happens in the movie the ending is ALWAYS the same...everything put back to normal and everyone is honky dory.

Spoiler:
                      Would like to see Daniel not get his leg back and actually deal with a prosthetic leg. Would like to see Jack remain a colonel...give Sam the same rank. Would like to see Vala coninue to be a host to Qetesh become the new enemy...worse than Ba'al. Would like to see Qetesh defeated and removed from Vala manually. Teal'c end up questioning his allegiance...his son become the new First prime and new enemy.

Would love to see Jacob Carter and Salmak return along with Janet.

of course, by the very nature of the plot none of the events that happen to the team will be real and the consequences are therefor voided.
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

SG-1 after finding a way to fix everything goes to the final battle & they come across a control room with lots of computers & while a bunch of random soldiers die around them Daniel comes across a big red button that says "Reset" on it & then Daniel says "Now this is just silly" & then Cameron comes up & asks what is silly & Daniel points to the button & then Cameron says "Couldnt this be any more obvious as to how this movie is going to end" & then Daniel presses the button

Comment

Sceptics and silly posts aside, I think it is indeed not a question as to how Continuum will end, but how SG-1 will fix the timeline.

As others have said, the only logical explanation is that (like in 'Back to the Future II') they find a way to go back in time to prevent Ba'al from changing the timeline in the first place. The only way to do that would be to either:

A) Defeat Ba'al in the alternate timeline, find out how he went back in time and do the same.
                          B) By means of the time-travelling Puddle Jumper found on Ares's planet.
                          C) Through another Stargate with a solar flare.

Given how unlikely C is, I'd go with A or B.

Comment

It will end with the pressing of the reset button.

Comment

It will have the last few minutes of AoT added on just to show the team going through the gate and to save money.
                              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X