Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Stargate Question

How do the Ori have stargates?

The reason I ask is because of the Ark of Truth when the ancinet inventer (forgot his name) says "I have a great idea" and shows the stargate

So wouldn't the stargates be made in the Milky Way and not Ori galaxy so then how could the Ori have a stargate network if they were made later? or even a super gate?

I thought that the Ancinets shielded the Milky Way from the Ori so I just don't get how the Ori have stargates
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

RCC has said that the Ori only developed supergate technology after their ascention. Im guessing that they didn't have regular stargate technology until then either, or they would have been able to invent supergates before they ascended.
    Basically the Ancients invented the stargate and spread them through the MW and Pegasus Galaxies (and others that we will find out about in stargate universe) and the Ori 'reinvented' them once they had ascended. We don't know how many they built, but their is at least one (possibly in celestis) because priors were able to arrive in the MW via stargate.
    sigpic

Comment

Supergate technology was made after ascension but as for regular stargates we simply dont know. The Ori might have made them after ascension as well or perhaps used leftover notes from Amelius to make their own stargates or simply had a parallel research program that mimiced what Amelius was doing. We simply dont know unless RC says more on that front.

Some factors suggesting that there was a Stargate system in the Ori Home Galaxy is the simple fact that the Ori managed to send Priors to the Milky Way which can only be accomplished through a Stargate. This again might have been made by the Ori after discovering about Humans in the Milky Way or might have already been present.

Another thing to note that there needs to have been some form of transportational tool for the Priors to move about in the galaxy. We didnt see a Stargate being used in third episode of the season but say a ring platform being used. This could mean that the Ori instead of using Stargates, used starships to move about their followers from one village to another as well as take disciples to the City of the Gods at Celestis.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

One we know Ascended can read minds. We know the Alterans had intergalactic communications before they left. Maybe an Alteran used the device to talk to someone who was still there. maybe to see if the Ori had changed from their path. The Ori then learned of stargates and figured out how to build them selves.

With Stargate Universe we get a another option.

The Stargate planter(ship depositing stargates on worlds) eventually visited the Alteran Home Galaxy. Depositing a stargate on Celestis. The Ascended Ori could then board the vessel, and learn from where it came.

Comment

or maybe they use interplanetary rings or sumthin

Comment

the ori were the same as the ancients they just wanted to viewed as gods, they are still smart as the ancients that left, so they would worked out most technology that the ancinets would of biult like the stargates, the ori would of just focused more of worshipping and maybe technology as a little project
            sigpic

Comment

They did manage to ascend they may have all the knowledge ascended beings have. Besides weren't the notes left behind with the Ark of truth?
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Well since the Ark did get left behind its entirely possible other pieces of technology or at the very least, notes were left behind as well. Again though, this is mostly speculation.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

From Ark of Truth:
                  Spoiler:
                  "Many times throughout history the ruins of Ortis Mallum have been searched by both the priors of the Ori, and those that believe as we do. We have long searched for the artifacts that will prove the truth about our past, our ancestors and the falsehood of the Book of Origin. Nothing has ever been found there."
                  sigpic

Comment

^
                    Spoiler:
                    That that dude knew of.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

^ the ori defiantly wouldn't tell the people who worship them as gods that they got technology or even ideas from non-believers.

Comment

Amelius (the inventor of the Ark and the stargate) said as he was leaving the Ori galaxy, "I had the most amazing idea last night."

Just before he said that he picked up a book with sketches of the stargate in it.

There was nothing about the stargate to be left behind. It was in his book and his book left the planet with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                          Amelius (the inventor of the Ark and the stargate) said as he was leaving the Ori galaxy, "I had the most amazing idea last night."

Just before he said that he picked up a book with sketches of the stargate in it.

There was nothing about the stargate to be left behind. It was in his book and his book left the planet with him.
                          So how did the Ori make it then? Thats the real question
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic
                          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

They're Ori. They can do almost anything.

Oma/The Abydonians were able to make a functioning stargate appear out of thin air after Anubis had previously destroyed not only it, but also the pyramid that it was housed in ("Full Circle").

Also, remember that Orlin was able to build a micro-stargate out of relatively common items native to Earth ("Ascension"). No naqahdah needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                              They're Ori. They can do almost anything.

Oma/The Abydonians were able to make a functioning stargate appear out of thin air after Anubis had previously destroyed not only it, but also the pyramid that it was housed in ("Full Circle").

Also, remember that Orlin was able to build a micro-stargate out of relatively common items native to Earth ("Ascension"). No naqahdah needed.
                              Except build ships that can beat Asgard tech

Also Oma knew of the stargate while the Ori had never heard of it before so where did they get it?
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X