PDA

View Full Version : "Vegas" (519) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Linda06
November 4th, 2008, 03:15 PM
But they're good for you! And they're good for making sugar!

Doesn't make them taste good though ;)

jelgate
November 4th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Sometimes health overrides taste like eating liver.

StarOcean
November 4th, 2008, 04:09 PM

Liver is good for you?

Ontopic: I wonder what are the Wraith's tolerance for alcohol?

jelgate
November 4th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Oh yeah. It has a wide vareity of minerals

StarOcean
November 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Oh yeah. It has a wide vareity of minerals

But isn't it the organ that cleans out toxins in the blood?

Oh, this isn't to say that I think liver is disgusting or anything. I personally like eating liver. I just never knew it was healthful food.

Now, foie gras, that seems yucky to me.

jenks
November 4th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Everything can be explainied by magnets with the exception of beets.

Is that American for beetroot?

Lythisrose
November 4th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Is that American for beetroot?

Yup,
or could it be:

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh315/lythiasrose/Other%20stuff/Beet_vol_1.png

Linda06
November 5th, 2008, 09:47 AM

:S ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :S:S:S:S:S

jelgate
November 5th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Hey. I've seen some of the stuff your culture eats:P

Linda06
November 5th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Hey. I've seen some of the stuff your culture eats:P

Really? Like what?

jonos101
November 5th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Really? Like what?

I think he means Hagus(sp?).

jelgate
November 5th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I think he means Hagus(sp?).Among other things.:P

Linda06
November 5th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I think he means Hagus(sp?).

Don't you mean Haggis :p I'm not all that keen on it actually ;)

Linda06
November 5th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Among other things.:P

Oh do tell :p

GoSpikey
November 5th, 2008, 02:19 PM
And that's Vegas-related how? :P

*Hugs*

Linda06
November 5th, 2008, 02:43 PM
And that's Vegas-related how? :P

*Hugs*

*shrugs* I dunno....Well Carson's Scottish so he might eat Haggis :D

melfan
November 5th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Far fetched much :P

jelgate
November 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Far fetched much :PYou don't know Linda that well do you?:P

Fenrir Foxz
November 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Don't you mean Haggis :p I'm not all that keen on it actually ;)

What's not to like? :p

*shrugs* I dunno....Well Carson's Scottish so he might eat Haggis :D

Ya think? :p

:indeed:

Mitchell82
November 5th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Nope :D I don't like the look of them :S

Not me it's the taste I don't like.

Linda06
November 6th, 2008, 10:35 AM

:eek: Never :p

You don't know Linda that well do you?:P

;)

What's not to like? :p

I'm just not all that keen on it *shrugs*

Starry Waters
November 16th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Is it just me, or did anyone notice in the pictures for this episode similarities between the wraith in the prison and the more humanized looking gambler wraith? And did anyone notice the difference between those 2 wraiths and the actors who are playing them? (I’m being deliberately vague here because even with spoiler warnings I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to say on this forum. If I'm allowed to just state my speculation, just let me know.)

Starry Waters
November 16th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Okay. I think I've figured out how this spoiler thing works and I'm going to try again using a spoiler so I don't have to be so vague. I have a theory about what is going on in this epiosde based on the pictures that have been released and the actor who is a guest star in this episode and I wondered if anyone else noticed it?

The released pics for this episode show a wraith who disguises himself as a human. Please note that he has a goatee like Todd's. Another pic shows Todd in a cage (I assume after he is captured). The actor who is playing the human wraith is Neil Jackson. So I'm assuming they are having him play Todd instead of Christopher Heyerdahl. :mad::mad::mad:

Does anyone else see this in the pictures?

SGFerrit
November 16th, 2008, 01:48 PM
If true, then that would make a lot of sense. Keep in mind that CH has already played a 'human' character on the show before.

Osiristi
November 16th, 2008, 01:49 PM
The released pics for this episode show a wraith who disguises himself as a human. Please note that he has a goatee like Todd's. Another pic shows Todd in a cage (I assume after he is captured). The actor who is playing the human wraith is Neil Jackson. So I'm assuming they are having him play Todd instead of Christopher Heyerdahl. :mad::mad::mad:

I wouldn't be so sure it's Todd in the cage even though he has the markings. Or I wouldn't be sure if Neil and Christopher play the same damn Wraith in the ep - for all we know there could be two of 'em!

SGFerrit
November 16th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I'm pretty sure Todd is the only Wraith we have seen to have those markings.

GoSpikey
November 17th, 2008, 07:56 AM
It's an AU, don't overthink things... :rolleyes:

melfan
November 17th, 2008, 01:09 PM
It's an AU, don't overthink things... :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more

Jumper_One
November 18th, 2008, 07:29 PM
[...] We concluded our day by watching a Day 1 Mix of Vegas. Wow, is this a gorgeous-looking episode! And a very unique one as well. When was the last time an individual episode soundtrack included the likes of Johnny Cash, The Rolling Stones, and Marilyn Manson?
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/11/18/november-18-2008-tokyo-travel-doggy-details-schnitzel-spectacular-and-spinning-stargate-universe-day-6/

g.o.d
November 19th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Hell yeah. it's amazing, wonderful and great episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Risem
November 19th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Marilyn Manson?

Oh god.
:S

Jumper_One
November 22nd, 2008, 11:41 AM
Q&A with Special Effects Master Scott Stofer

Riley writes: “Wray, what has been your favourite explosion on SGA, and why?”

Scott: Option #1 - I think our favorite explosion on Atlantis would have to be the blowing out of all the windows at the top of the gate room stairs. It appeared so violent with the stunt double being right in the thick of a cloud of fast moving glass before being yanked by a cable all the way to the gateroom floor, clearing that huge staircase. Option #2 - I think our favorite explosion would be in a season five episode called Vegas written and directed by the brilliant Robert Cooper who had us blow up a 30ft AIRSTREAM trailer full of wraith technology. The stuff inside justified an “overt the top” explosion and the location we were filming in allowed us to load the **** out of the trailer without worrying about breaking windows, setting off car alarms or killing innocent bystanders. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, a setting sun, etc. Robert didn’t have adequate time to choose favorable camera positions, so even though it was filmed with four cameras none of them are a really great angle. I was pressing one of the buttons to detonate the three stage event and the shaking special effects guy standing beside me with his drugstore digital stills camera got the best footage in my opinion. I’m hoping for a miracle from editing for the final cut.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/11/22/november-22-2008-special-effects-master-scott-stofer-answers-your-questions/

Dr Lee
November 22nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Oh dear.....Wonder if they can use the special effect's guys footage at all?

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
November 22nd, 2008, 12:36 PM
Spoilers for Brain Storm

OK I've just watched Brain Storm and I'm wondering if this is the episode that connects Vegas to the main canon of the show. From my understanding Vegas is set in an AU, and in Brain Storm they connect to an AU through a matter bridge created in Nevada. What do you think?

prion
December 2nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
A nice fan has posted scans of two new photos from VEGAS at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9331991&postcount=128499

Ripple in Space
December 3rd, 2008, 10:29 PM
Can someone please explain something in this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-cJ8zK7ceQ

I realize that the two Wraith flash scenes are supposed to be replaced with Neil Jackson, but what the hell is up with the fireball?

That "Vegas" Teaser Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-cJ8zK7ceQ)? The fireball's kind of cool if you ask me... Ancient Device maybe?

jelgate
December 4th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Why must people keep on showing that clip from that terrible televison JF was on:rolleyes:

jenks
December 4th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Still not funny...

melfan
December 4th, 2008, 01:38 PM
That "Vegas" Teaser Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-cJ8zK7ceQ)? The fireball's kind of cool if you ask me... Ancient Device maybe?

This is not a teaser trailer!

Man!

How many times has this been up now?

It's from a show called Birds of Prey where Joe Flanigan played a Metahuman that could take over other Metahumans power and killing them with it

Why must people keep on showing that clip from that terrible televison JF was on:rolleyes:

It was a half decent show, Joe brighten it though ;) :D

Still not funny...

Nope, not at all. Was unfunny the first time I saw it, and that was when it was for Last Man...

Fenrir Foxz
December 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM
It was a half decent show, Joe brighten it though ;) :D

:rolleyes: Shep thunkers. :p

melfan
December 4th, 2008, 01:41 PM
:rolleyes: Shep thunkers. :p

I don't know what you mean :P :rolleyes:

Fenrir Foxz
December 4th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I don't know what you mean :P :rolleyes:

Sure. ;) :P

melfan
December 4th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Sure. ;) :P

I just say this

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for JF

:D

jenks
December 12th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Just seen the promo and Vegas looks ****ing quality.

Showfan
December 12th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Just seen the promo and Vegas looks ****ing quality.

Agreed.

:sheppard::mckay::teyla::ronan:

Fenrir Foxz
December 12th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Police find a desiccated corpse on a desert road outside Las Vegas, Nevada, the seventh victim of a bizarre serial killer. Detective John Sheppard, called in to assist, is baffled by these murders. Then a clue, traces of radiation found on the bodies, leads him to a strange looking man with super human attributes who easily evades capture.

Some time later, Sheppard is detained and driven to Area 51. There he meets Dr. Rodney McKay who reveals that the suspect is, in fact, an alien -- a Wraith -- who feeds on human energy. What's more, McKay and his team have traveled to Earth from the Pegasus Galaxy, by way of a Stargate, to prevent this Wraith from compromising the security of the planet. But so far, Sheppard is the only one who's been able to get close to him.
GateWorld article - 'Enemy At the Gate,' 'Vegas' stories revealed! (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/12/enemy_at_the_gate_vegas_stories_.shtml)

This episode looks cool. :cool:

GoSpikey
December 13th, 2008, 01:45 AM
Of course it looks cool!

That's because it's gonna be!

Fenrir Foxz
December 13th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Of course it looks cool!

That's because it's gonna be!

Yeah but up until I read that I was hoping for the best but wasn't that interested in this episode, CSI isn't a show I watch and don't find all that interesting. :p

GoSpikey
December 13th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Are you kidding me?

Tuesday: CSI :P
Thursday: CSI :P
Sunday: Navy NCIS, CSI: Miami, CSI: New York :D :P :o

I never watched CSI itself, but I'm watching an ep here and there, because I'm on the laptop downstairs anyways, now in the winter, so... :)

melfan
December 13th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Yeah but up until I read that I was hoping for the best but wasn't that interested in this episode, CSI isn't a show I watch and don't find all that interesting. :p

CSI is the coolest :cool: ;) :D

Fenrir Foxz
December 13th, 2008, 04:59 AM
CSI is the coolest :cool: ;) :D

Can't Stand It. :p

Ok it's not that bad but still, there are much better things to watch on TV or DVD. ;)

melfan
December 13th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Can't Stand It. :p

Ok it's not that bad but still, there are much better things to watch on TV or DVD. ;)

I don't watch it as much as I used to, due to my shedule at work, but I watch now and again

Platschu
December 13th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Vegas trailer - SciFi Channel:
http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=856681#videoid=880202

Laura Dove
December 13th, 2008, 06:04 AM

I found it on youtube too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90IorG5-xMY
Sounds... weird. Not as exciting as I hoped, but it still looks interesting.

melfan
December 13th, 2008, 06:42 AM
I think it gonna be awsome :D

Laura Dove
December 13th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I think it gonna be awsome :D

I'm inclined to agree but the trailer wasn't very convincing. OTOH, SciFi trailers are never very convincing.

melfan
December 13th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I'm inclined to agree but the trailer wasn't very convincing. OTOH, SciFi trailers are never very convincing.

No, they aren't, but the episode tend to come out good

ykickamoocow
December 13th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Some time later, Sheppard is detained and driven to Area 51. There he meets Dr. Rodney McKay who reveals that the suspect is, in fact, an alien -- a Wraith -- who feeds on human energy. What's more, McKay and his team have traveled to Earth from the Pegasus Galaxy, by way of a Stargate, to prevent this Wraith from compromising the security of the planet. But so far, Sheppard is the only one who's been able to get close to him.

GateWorld article - 'Enemy At the Gate,' 'Vegas' stories revealed! (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/12/enemy_at_the_gate_vegas_stories_.shtml)

This episode looks cool. :cool:

I dont know why but i personally hope McKay in this universe is leading the team. Colonal Rodney McKay has a interesting ring to it (sort of like a male Sam Carter). I just think it would be fun for one epsode to have McKay who is a military man but also a brilliant scientist (like Carter).

Platschu
December 13th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I found it on youtube too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90IorG5-xMY

Thanks. :o So maybe it will connect really with the experiment in Brain Storm! :)

morjana
December 13th, 2008, 04:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/scifi/vegas.jpg

Trailer embedded on my google blog (http://morjana-subductionleadstoorogeny.blogspot.com/2008/12/stargate-atlantis-scificom-episode.html)

Lewisco
December 13th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I've read a lot of comments from fans thinking Vegas will be a waste of an episode. But i personally have been looking forward to this episode all season. I seriously dont want to wait until January 2nd. I love alternate reality stories, especially ones that sound as unique as Vegas. My only worry is, how will Teyla and Ronon fit into the episode? I really dont want Teyla and Ronon to take the back seat in an episode again. But asides from that i cant wait.

Anyone else looking forward to Vegas?

Linda06
December 13th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Nope...I'm sick of Teyla being either missing, invisible or used to hold up the walls so I have no interest watching yet another ep where she's missing completely so i'll more than likely give this ep a miss!

prion
December 13th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Platschu

I found it on youtube too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90IorG5-xMY

Skiffy said it's an alternate universe, but not sure how it will tie in to the final episode. It looks interesting, but it's a shame it's not a team episode, with well, so little air time left for the series:

SciFi description: "Police find a desiccated corpse on a desert road outside Las Vegas, Nevada, the seventh victim of a bizarre serial killer. Detective John Sheppard, called in to assist, is baffled by these murders. Then a clue, traces of radiation found on the bodies, leads him to a strange looking man with super human attributes who easily evades capture.

Some time later, Sheppard is detained and driven to Area 51. There he meets Dr. Rodney McKay who reveals that the suspect is, in fact, an alien -- a Wraith -- who feeds on human energy. What's more, McKay and his team have traveled to Earth from the Pegasus Galaxy, by way of a Stargate, to prevent this Wraith from compromising the security of the planet. But so far, Sheppard is the only one who's been able to get close to him."

jelgate
December 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Skiffy said it's an alternate universe, but not sure how it will tie in to the final episode. It looks interesting, but it's a shame it's not a team episode, with well, so little air time left for the series.Because Skiffy has never been wrong before:P

Briangate78
December 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM
It's going to be focused on Sheppard. Sheppard needed a focused ep this season. So it's all good in my book. I know Peg will be excited for this one. :p

jelgate
December 13th, 2008, 06:02 PM
It's going to be focused on Sheppard. Sheppard needed a focused ep this season. So it's all good in my book. I know Peg will be excited for this one. :pThats nesscarily a good thing:P

Earthgate Ricky
December 13th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I BET you this eispode will be another wasted eispode before finale as the writers throw it at our faces!

GoSpikey
December 14th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Peg's not the only one, Brian.

I wonder how Todd fits into the picture... With that pic of him in jail...

Will it be him under all the extra make-up? Bit strange that they don't let Chris play that part, then?

fuchsia
December 14th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Well, I'm excited for this episode.
Joe F. looks smokin' hot!:)
Am I right in thinking the alt reality McKay is not the McKay we've seen in the promo shots? ie the one who wears the wedding ring?
Now I have confused myself:confused:....

Laura Dove
December 14th, 2008, 06:18 AM
It's going to be focused on Sheppard. Sheppard needed a focused ep this season. So it's all good in my book.

I would have agreed with you before "Infection" but now I wonder if Sheppard's screen time will ruin the episode for me. He's currently the character I hate most after Larrin (who remains my top #1), and merely seeing him appear in "Identity" made me cringe. I just hope the 3 weeks delay will be enough for me to be able to bear him again.

However, if it wasn't for Sheppard, the plot in itself sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I guess the link between this episode and the next one is that this AU wraith on Earth will be the one who sends Earth coordinates to the super-hive of our universe in "Enemy at the Gate".

jenks
December 14th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I BET you this eispode will be another wasted eispode before finale as the writers throw it at our faces!

Well it sets up the finale, so you'd probably lose that bet.

Briangate78
December 14th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Todd is going to be in this episode. It is going to set up for the finale. Something will be likely going on, and this reality will likely become real. The show has a very high potential here of going out on a high note.

MechaThor
December 15th, 2008, 03:01 AM
So even though 'Vegas' comes before 'Enemy at the Gates', in the actual timeline will 'Vegas' actually be set after the events of 'Enemy at the Gates'?

As if its true that the subspace warning is spent out towards the end of 'Vegas', with Mckay and the others from our universe being the ones who spent it, that must mean that Mckay an the others must first stop the wraith in 'Enemy at the Gates' only to then jump into the 'Vegas' alternative reality at the end of 'Enemy at the Gates' and help stop the Vegas wraith and send the warning?

bluealien
December 15th, 2008, 03:13 AM
I can't wait for this episode, finally a Shep episode and I agree that he looks smokin hot.... role on 2nd Jan.. though I have to wait until the 5th to watch it as I'll be away...

Dr Lee
December 15th, 2008, 03:28 AM
someone from the Vegas-verse sends the subspace message.... i believe, not anyone from our verse

fuchsia
December 15th, 2008, 03:47 AM
I'm confused :).

Jack_Bauer
December 15th, 2008, 03:55 AM
@Anyone whose seen that trailer from Skiffy:

Do you think that could have been "Ace-McKay" from the epi a couple years back?

Dr Lee
December 15th, 2008, 04:02 AM
No

I remember a line aobut how Sheppard was the geek in his univers.... and in vegas Shep had never even been in the USAF as far as i know

ykickamoocow
December 15th, 2008, 04:41 AM
@Anyone whose seen that trailer from Skiffy:

Do you think that could have been "Ace-McKay" from the epi a couple years back?

As i said earlier im hoping for "Colonel McKay". It would be great to see a McKay who is a genius aswell as a really good soldier (sort of like Carter). I just think David Hewlett could play the tough soldier really well :)

MechaThor
December 15th, 2008, 06:18 AM
As i said earlier im hoping for "Colonel McKay". It would be great to see a McKay who is a genius aswell as a really good soldier (sort of like Carter). I just think David Hewlett could play the tough soldier really well :)

Hang on, So in the Alternative Universe reality of 'Vegas', Alternative reality Sheppard meets with a Rodney McKay from another completely separate Alternative Universe reality. Then both Alternative reality Sheppard and alternative, alternative reality McKay send a message to the Sheppard and McKay which live in the reality we know to be our own universe and the one the main series of 'Stargate Atlantis' is set?

Dam! That might get confusing. Atlantis sure dose like its Alternative Realities, I don't even think SG-1 got as many alternative realities in 10 years than Atlantis has in 5. Still I am not complaining as I rather like the idea of more interconnected alternative realities.

Dr Lee
December 15th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Alternate alternate? i was under the impression that both shep and McKay in Vegas were form the same verse... and i assumed that the wraith in vegas was the one to send the transmission?

Commander Aegir
December 15th, 2008, 06:33 AM
I hope there's a Casino Royale moment where Sheppard beats all the poker stars with an amazing hand, and for him to just go "Yeh i'm good at this"

MechaThor
December 15th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Alternate alternate? i was under the impression that both shep and McKay in Vegas were form the same verse... and i assumed that the wraith in vegas was the one to send the transmission?

Argh, maybe I was wrong. I was under the impression that the McKay was also from another separate Universe (originally thinking it was our McKay), guess I read the summary wrong. My Bad.

So I wonder how Sheppard got to be a detective? Surly he still had his military background and the slip came from him declining Oneill's offer to go to Atlantis? Or from not take the Helicopter job in Antarctica?

I also wonder who is on McKays team? I have not seen the casting list so I would think Teyla is there, and maybe Lorne, Zelenka or Ronon? However I would like to see Ford once more. Maybe this McKay had more luck at convincing Ford to stay than Sheppard did? Carson on his team would be great too.

Dr Lee
December 15th, 2008, 09:04 AM
THe Vegas-verse shep never entered the USAF i believe

fuchsia
December 15th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Yup, still confused.:D

Dr Lee
December 15th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Right.....

From what i've seen so far, the 'Vegas'-Verse is one where Shep never entered the USAF, thus never ending up in Atlantis. BUT! the exerbition still went to atlantis just without shep.

shep ends up in the LVPD where he gets involved in the wraith stuff... thus meeting McKay and a group from Atlantis.

The wraith is the one, i believe, that sends the subspace message to the advanced wraith ship we see in EATG that is in our universe

fuchsia
December 15th, 2008, 12:13 PM
So in Vegas there are only people from one reality?
And Rodney went to Atlantis in that reality? and didn't know John?

Dr Lee
December 15th, 2008, 12:15 PM
thats what i have surmised from reading what spoilers i have read.

Laura Dove
December 15th, 2008, 12:16 PM
So in Vegas there are only people from one reality?
And Rodney went to Atlantis in that reality? and didn't know John?

I'm having a hard time understanding what McKay says in the SciFi trailer, but from what I understand, he says he met Sheppard's double before and the wraith came from another reality from theirs, I think. I'm not sure how many realities are involved, and if our main one is at all in this episode.

Lucario
December 15th, 2008, 12:20 PM
From what I have seen of the previews of "Vegas" I at first thought it was going to be a filler episode but from what I have read I am glad it will be linked up "Enemy at the gate." Even if it had been a filler episode it really looked good to me. I always enjoy an Alternate Universe episode every now and then. To me they always remind me of the "What if" questions. I enjoyed similar episodes in Stargate SG-1 and other Scifi shows and this is no different. The thought of a Wraith on Earth living in the public eye always kept me wondering and now it appears to some extent that I would now know what would happen. I hope it will be a good episode. From what I have seen from the trailer it looks good.

fuchsia
December 15th, 2008, 12:20 PM
thats what i have surmised from reading what spoilers i have read.

I'm having a hard time understanding what McKay says in the SciFi trailer, but from what I understand, he says he met Sheppard's double before and the wraith came from another reality from theirs, I think. I'm not sure how many realities are involved, and if our main one is at all in this episode.

I don't mind being confused I quite like it... that way watching the episode will be that much more rewarding...;)

fuchsia
December 15th, 2008, 12:23 PM
From what I have seen of the previews of "Vegas" I at first thought it was going to be a filler episode but from what I have read I am glad it will be linked up "Enemy at the gate." Even if it had been a filler episode it really looked good to me. I always enjoy an Alternate Universe episode every now and then. To me they always remind me of the "What if" questions. I enjoyed similar episodes in Stargate SG-1 and other Scifi shows and this is no different. The thought of a Wraith on Earth living in the public eye always kept me wondering and now it appears to some extent that I would now know what would happen. I hope it will be a good episode. From what I have seen from the trailer it looks good.

I really want it to be good... I want Sheppard all detectived up and I think whumped too if the photos are anything to go by
Will it be on this friday?

Dr Lee
December 15th, 2008, 12:24 PM
no Vegas airs Jan 2nd with EATG a week later

jelgate
December 15th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Will it be on this friday?No

Your stuck watching Christmas specials:P

fuchsia
December 15th, 2008, 12:35 PM
no Vegas airs Jan 2nd with EATG a week later

No

Your stuck watching Christmas specials:P

:tealcanime22:

morjana
December 15th, 2008, 12:52 PM
From MGM's Lion's Roar Newsletter - December 2008/January 2009 Issue:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/morjana/08/sga%205/mgm/newsletter.jpg

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
December 15th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Ok, I'm sorry if has already been answered but you know... 30 pages...

Anyway I just watched the Trailer and Rodney said "You know I once met an alternate version of you...". At first I gasped (literally) and thought "OMG ROD!" (from Mckay and Mrs Miller), but then I remembered Rod talking about Sheppard being an jackass, so it can't be him.
Apart from in the Daedalus Variations, has their been another instances where our Sheppard meets an alternate Rodney?
ETA: Discount The Last Man as well

hmmm doesn't seem to be any...

ykickamoocow
December 15th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Ok, I'm sorry if has already been answered but you know... 30 pages...

Anyway I just watched the Trailer and Rodney said "You know I once met an alternate version of you...". At first I gasped (literally) and thought "OMG ROD!" (from Mckay and Mrs Miller), but then I remembered Rod talking about Sheppard being an jackass, so it can't be him.
Apart from in the Daedalus Variations, has their been another instances where our Sheppard meets an alternate Rodney?
ETA: Discount The Last Man as well

hmmm doesn't seem to be any...

This may be abit confusing but in our reality Sheppard has techniqually spoken to another Sheppard from a different reality aswell as having Rod describe what the Sheppard from his reality was like aswell.

So (and this is where it gets confusing) for the Vegas rea;ity its reasonable to assume that the alternate Mckay has also seen (or been to) alternate realities (and not necessarily the same ones which the team from our reality has been too).

So alternate McKay was talking about a alternate alternate Sheppard.

Lythisrose
December 15th, 2008, 05:58 PM
So alternate McKay was talking about a alternate alternate Sheppard.

All I want is an alternate reality where Shep actually gets some good scenes! :)

Replicator Fifth
December 15th, 2008, 06:01 PM
All I want is an alternate reality where Shep actually gets some good scenes! :)

Yeah. *sigh*

prion
December 16th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Article at

http://io9.com/5111483/stargate-gets-a-couple-of-wise-guys

excerpt:

Here's an exclusive look inside the second to last episode of Stargate Atlantis, "Vegas." In which, we assume, Sheppard gets knee capped by Bobby 'Bacala' Baccalieri and Phil Leotardo.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Lythisrose
December 16th, 2008, 07:50 PM
This is from The Official Magazine Stargate Jan/Feb 2009 edition
and an interview with Joe Flanigan where he talks about this episode:

What's been your highlight this year?

Shooting Vegas with Robert Cooper. We shot most of it already out in the Okinaga valley, which is stunning. It looks great because we're shooting on film, and, it was written to capture behavior as opposed to dialogue. A lot of times our shows become about incredibly elaborate plotlines that we don't have the time or the money to show so we have to explain them. The curse falls primarily on David Hewlett to do that. And doing it in any kind of entertaining fashion where people don't turn the channel is a major success. But this particular show is not heavy on dialogue, thankfully, except for David Hewlett! Now that I think about it, David actually saves this episode because he explains the whole thing in two scenes! So it's a lot of fun. I also like Robert Cooper. I like working with him. I think I have a connection with him in terms of the character. He's written a couple of great episodes for my character.

In Vegas you play a detective, as opposed to a member of Team Atlantis and yet John gets involved anyway - it's the idea that he can't escape his destiny...

It's cool because we've alluded to all these trippy little ideas of parallel universes, and time travel, but we've never really shown it. We've shown some things but this actually, not only goes to that place we're talking about, it stays in that place, and that's what I think is cool. And it gives you a chance to do genre hopping. We're really shooting a CSI-style show, so it's kind of cool.

jenks
December 16th, 2008, 08:34 PM
"It looks great because we're shooting on film"

Brilliant. Film looks so much better than those ****ty digital things they usually use for Atlantis...

PG15
December 17th, 2008, 01:28 PM
For the record, it's actually the Okanagan Valley.

Joe's right, it's indeed stunning; but if he wants more of that, BC has plenty. ;)

prion
December 17th, 2008, 02:17 PM
The December 29th print edition of TV Guide has a small picture from "Vegas" with the caption ... Lieutenant Sheppard probes a string of murders in Las Vegas and bumps into Sopranos alums Steve Schirripa and Frank Vincent.

and

http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/blogs/dmckee/index.cfm/2008/12/16/Its-a-bird-its-a-plane-its-

Stargate Vegas
Posted At : December 16, 2008 11:49 AM | Posted By : D McKee
Related Categories: TV,Movies,Planet Hollywood

This Friday's last episode ever of Stargate Atlantis (starring Reno-area native Joe Flanigan) is an alternate-reality episode set in Las Vegas and filmed, in part, at Planet Hollywood. Given some of the cheesy movies that owner Robert Earl has premiered there, the presence of the SGA cast and crew ought to have restored some lustre to the place. (It's got the only casino floor in town I'd go so far as to call "beautiful," but the movies that debut are -- for the most part -- the sort that studios assiduously avoid showing to reviewers.)

REST AT LINK ABOVE

jaytan
December 17th, 2008, 02:33 PM
This episode sounds like it would be somewhat interesting and maybe even a good idea if it weren't the second-to-last episode of Stargate! The second half of season five has really been a disappointment. They're really wasting a lot of episodes, probably hoping to put out a bunch of movies to tie up the loose ends.

jenks
December 17th, 2008, 02:37 PM
This episode sounds like it would be somewhat interesting and maybe even a good idea if it weren't the second-to-last episode of Stargate! The second half of season five has really been a disappointment. They're really wasting a lot of episodes, probably hoping to put out a bunch of movies to tie up the loose ends.

It sets up the finale.

The Prophet
December 17th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Dam! That might get confusing. Atlantis sure dose like its Alternative Realities, I don't even think SG-1 got as many alternative realities in 10 years than Atlantis has in 5. Still I am not complaining as I rather like the idea of more interconnected alternative realities.

They've only had:

McKay & Mrs Miller
The Daedalus Variations
Vegas

Compared to SG-1's

There But For the Grace of God
Point of View
Ripple Effect
The Road Not Taken

And then a few Alternate Timelines in there too, but they probably don't count.

If anything, Atlantis has had very few Alternate Universe episodes, McKay & Mrs Miller only dealing with an Alternate McKay, Daedalus Variations not having much interaction at all, apart from an Alternate Enemy, and a Shep that seemed pretty much the same. Vegas seems to be the only episode where we get to see an entirely different Alternate Universe and the characters in detail.

It's a shame, Atlantis would have made for an interesting AU episode, what with it's relatively large cast of characters.

ykickamoocow
December 17th, 2008, 02:49 PM
It's a shame, Atlantis would have made for an interesting AU episode, what with it's relatively large cast of characters.

There are just a million characters which David Hewlett would be brilliant at. He is probably the best actor (along with Robert Picardo) than Stargate has ever had.

GoSpikey
December 17th, 2008, 03:18 PM
How about that idea that Joe had, with one person traveling like 5 years into the future, and spotting Wraith that have taken the place over, and 5 years into the past, or something alike?

That might have been a good episode.

ykickamoocow
December 17th, 2008, 04:20 PM
How about that idea that Joe had, with one person traveling like 5 years into the future, and spotting Wraith that have taken the place over, and 5 years into the past, or something alike?

That might have been a good episode.

I think your thinking of one of two episodes

#9: The Replacements: Brad pitched out a story in which the team run afoul of an alien race and, while being pursued, end up victims of a temporal effect that catapults them six months into the future. They return to Atlantis to find they’ve been given up for dead and replaced. As they attempt to settle in to their new positions (and work with their replacements) the alien race indirectly responsible for their predicament pays Atlantis a visit…

#13: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow: McKay’s experiments with a time-traveling puddle jumper send the team both backwards and forwards in time. The story jumps from five years into the past (where one version of the team struggles to acquire the puddle jumper and undo the damage done without affecting the time line), five years into the future (where the wraith have taken over Atlantis and another version of the team is attempting to acquire the jumper so that they can warn their past selves), and the present (unaffected team) with developments in each timeline influencing events in the other. At the end of the day, despite my detailed, color-coded outline, everybody else’s head threatened to explode so the story was shelved.

------------------------------------------------

Personally i would like to see "Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow" made into a Atlantis movie.

Laura Dove
December 17th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Personally i would like to see "Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow" made into a Atlantis movie.

I agree, it would be the perfect format. The story seems very promising but a single episode would have been too short to reveal it to its potential. A longer movie would be just perfect for such a story.

GoSpikey
December 18th, 2008, 02:41 AM
I agree, it has potential to be very good.

I just hope that people won't go all 'omg, another time travel/alternate timeline' thing gets turned into a movie, we already done that.

You could also say that about every species has already had their hands on Atlantis, and that yet another one isn't what we need. But on the other hand: why stop with all but the Wraith having gotten a go at Atlantis? :P

If it's a good story...

And which Wraith would be running Atlantis? Todd?!?

Laura Dove
December 18th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks to Morjana:

Joe Flanigan, David Hewlett and Chris Heyerdahl [are] filming a scene for the penultimate episode of the season, Vegas.

So, I think we can conclude that Todd pic (http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=654&pos=5) is really for "Vegas". Woohoo! :D :D

And which Wraith would be running Atlantis? Todd?!?

Of course. Todd rules, period. ;)

Briangate78
December 18th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Vegas looks epic. A lot of fans have always stressed that Stargate do something totally different. The episode is going to be tied into the series finale, and it will likely be a brilliant episode with a lot of twists and turns.

GoSpikey
December 19th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Vegas is going to be *very* special. :D

naamiaiset
December 19th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Vegas looks epic. A lot of fans have always stressed that Stargate do something totally different. The episode is going to be tied into the series finale, and it will likely be a brilliant episode with a lot of twists and turns.
Funny thing is, it's always some of those same fans who complain when Stargate does something different.

I didn't have high hopes for this episode initially, but now I'm looking forward to it. :D

Laura Dove
December 19th, 2008, 12:55 PM

Like "new", "different" is overrated: Sometimes it's better, but sometimes it's worse. It all depends on what is done and how.

Anyway, I agree "Vegas" sounds good, except for the SciFi trailer (but SciFi trailers always look bad, so...) and Sheppard's heavy role. I hope "Infection" will be old enough in my mind to be able to watch a Sheppard episode without wanting to twist his neck once and for all.

Since it's AU, I hope the wraith wins and kills Sheppard! :D

Edit: Super hi-res pics by Dryope (http://dryope.livejournal.com/429780.html)! Warning, there are pics for "Enemy at the Gate" too.

jaytan
December 19th, 2008, 02:44 PM
It sets up the finale.

It does?! :confused: I thought this was going to be some kind of goofy alternative universe/CSI spoof. If it's going to be tied to the series finale, I hope they manage to do it right. I hate when a good show doesn't manage a proper send-off, and I was pretty worried about Atlantis' when I heard the finale wouldn't even be a two-parter.

Dr Lee
December 19th, 2008, 02:49 PM
EATG Spoilers-
For some reason the wraith hive in EATG gets a transmission from an alternate reality revealing the co-ordinates to Earth. it's is the assumption that the link between the two episodes is that the transmission comes from the Vegas alternate reality.

jaytan
December 19th, 2008, 02:51 PM
They've only had:

If anything, Atlantis has had very few Alternate Universe episodes, McKay & Mrs Miller only dealing with an Alternate McKay, Daedalus Variations not having much interaction at all, apart from an Alternate Enemy, and a Shep that seemed pretty much the same. Vegas seems to be the only episode where we get to see an entirely different Alternate Universe and the characters in detail.

Haven't there been some Atlantis episodes that kind of featured alternative realities but just ended up being Replicators screwing with people's heads?

Also, last season there was an episode in which Sheppard saw an alternate Atlantis that had been burned up by a sun.

Jumper_One
December 19th, 2008, 02:53 PM
It does?! :confused: I thought this was going to be some kind of goofy alternative universe/CSI spoof. If it's going to be tied to the series finale, I hope they manage to do it right. I hate when a good show doesn't manage a proper send-off, and I was pretty worried about Atlantis' when I heard the finale wouldn't even be a two-parter.

;)

Jean writes: “could we get an update of the spoiler poem? Also, is Vegas a “stand-alone” episode or will it tie into the season (and series) finale?”

Answer: Vegas is more or less a stand-alone episode, although the events of this episode will have repercussions.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/october-30-2008-author-john-twelve-hawks-answers-your-questions/

The Prophet
December 19th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Haven't there been some Atlantis episodes that kind of featured alternative realities but just ended up being Replicators screwing with people's heads?

Also, last season there was an episode in which Sheppard saw an alternate Atlantis that had been burned up by a sun.

That's just a Lotus Eater Machine (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LotusEaterMachine), totally different to an AU. SG-1 has had their fair share of them too.

And that was Future Atlantis, different to an Alternate Atlantis.

prion
December 19th, 2008, 03:11 PM
New Hi-rez shots at

http://dryope.livejournal.com/429780.html

prion
December 19th, 2008, 03:34 PM
VEGAS
http://www.sfuniverse.com/2008/12/19/stargate-atlantis-vegas/

EXCERPT:

Did I mention that I have a DVD of this episode in my hot little hands? I’ll have a teaser review for you soon of this and the series finale (sob). You wouldn’t want me to give too much away now, would you?

SPOILER-RIDDEN article with photos at link above

Laura Dove
December 19th, 2008, 03:41 PM
New Hi-rez shots at
http://dryope.livejournal.com/429780.html

You're late. :p

prion
December 19th, 2008, 04:55 PM
You're late. :p

Oops, sorry!

GoSpikey
December 22nd, 2008, 02:03 AM
Wow, you've seen the episode already, then? Cos otherwise, it's better if you keep your 'fact' like claims to yourself, maybe?

And don't post spoilers if you have.

Dr Lee
December 22nd, 2008, 02:10 AM
sadly Spikey... some chump has leaked both Vegas and EATG.

I agree please don't post about the episode

fuchsia
December 22nd, 2008, 03:41 AM
I heard a rumble on Saturday the eps were out there... it was only a matter of time I suppose.

Skydiver
December 22nd, 2008, 07:09 AM
Until we decide what to do with it, i am declaring any and all spoilers from Vegas or Enemy at the Gate to be a NON TOPIC

I see no reason for those of us that didn't download the illegal copies to be punished by having to dodge spoilers for the next 3 weeks.

GoSpikey
December 22nd, 2008, 07:31 AM
Thanks, Sky.

I hope that will be the general treatment. I enjoy coming to the episode threads, and minimal spoilers is fine, but I don't want to find a complete discussion of the episode on here next time I visit, even if it's behind tags.

If it were to be allowed, though, please ask people to say why they're tagging what they're saying, eg 'Vegas spoilers' to make the difference between those and posts where the tags are perhaps wrongly used, if you get what I'm trying to say. :o

The Ori
December 22nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
3 weeks is a very long time, I'm not going to give spoilers but whatever you do do not miss episode 19 - Vegas it's very good, in my opinion, but I think a lot of peeps will not like it!

BrokenHearted
December 22nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
I don't understand why Gateworld just doesn't create the subforum for the two episodes. They did when Adrift and Lifeline were leaked, and even when Itunes mistakenly put up Doppelganger instead of the episode that had just been shown (I think it was Lifeline).

I understand perfectly that people don't want to read spoilers, but the fact is that these episodes are available.

People want to talk about these episodes, let them have a place to do so!

The Ori
December 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
I don't understand why Gateworld just doesn't create the subforum for the two episodes. They did when Adrift and Lifeline were leaked, and even when Itunes mistakenly put up Doppelganger instead of the episode that had just been shown (I think it was Lifeline).

I understand perfectly that people don't want to read spoilers, but the fact is that these episodes are available.

People want to talk about these episodes, let them have a place to do so!

100% agreed! But I also think the Mods have made the right decision to not allow it, because then it kinds of allows the them to have an affiliation with illegal downloading! So I guess they are taking the moral route, but you know, ah!!!

GoSpikey
December 22nd, 2008, 03:33 PM
:rolleyes:

This is pre-airing, so 'wow that ep was so cool' isn't for here either, imo. ;)

Skydiver
December 22nd, 2008, 04:53 PM
I will repeat my post since some apparently don't understand it. THIs thread is for pre-airing speculation ONLY about Vegas. It is not on topic to discuss it if you've seen it. It is also not on topic to discuss illegal downloading, nor is it on topic to take issue with the decisions that the moderators have made.

as of this moment, we're waiting for Darren to make a decision about whether or not a thread is provided for the illegal downloaders to discuss the episode in. Until he makes that decision, it is a non-topic.

People that continue to debate the decisions of the mods or who take issue with it on the thread, will lose their posting rights for a period of time.

thank you and now back on topic please

GoSpikey
December 23rd, 2008, 02:34 AM
Awesome. :D

I'm so looking forward to find out how they're going to use Todd in it! :P

Skydiver
December 23rd, 2008, 04:29 AM
there is a thread now for people to use to discuss the episodes
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=62295

please keep your discussion confined to that one thread please.

thanks

melfan
December 25th, 2008, 08:02 AM
The eps has been leaked? You are computerless for a week and you miss a lot! :eek: :rolleyes: Good to know nothing will be discussed here :)

GoSpikey
December 25th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah, of course they were.

But thank the gods that the threads here will remain spoiler free.

I'm really looking forward to those last two episodes! :D

I couldn't care less about all the Soprano - was it? guest stars, but I wanna see those Wraithsies! :D :P :o

melfan
December 25th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Yeah, of course they were.

But thank the gods that the threads here will remain spoiler free.

I'm really looking forward to those last two episodes! :D

I couldn't care less about all the Soprano - was it? guest stars, but I wanna see those Wraithsies! :D :P :o

So do I, it will be worth the wait, and Soprano? Never seen the show! I wanna see the Wraith acting human ;)

GoSpikey
December 25th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Oh, it seems they moved the 'Unsanctioned release of' one folder back? It's in the general Atlantis one...

And of course yet another person has created a 'they've been leaked' folder, when the one where they could talk about it is standing right under it... :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm very much looking forward to what's in the trailer (they did say they were gonna blow up a Wraith tech heavy caravan, right?). :D

melfan
December 25th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I shall resist going there, and I shall resist watching the eps, even though I usually download them the day after it's been on in US :rolleyes: And even if I could wait another couple weeks for the ep to air on the telly :rolleyes:

Some people create threads that already exists just to point out something that has already been discussed, they don't bother looking around, too lazy I think

Yup, think Mallozzi mentioned it on his blog

morjana
December 26th, 2008, 11:14 PM
SGA - Zap2It: What To Watch Fri Jan 2 '09:

At Zap2It (http://www.zap2it.com/):

WHAT TO WATCH

Friday, January 2, 2009

Stargate Atlantis (Sci Fi)

9:00 PM/8c

John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) attempts to solve a string of unusual murders in Las Vegas.

GoSpikey
December 27th, 2008, 03:41 AM
OMG... The week after next, it's done... :(

Starry Waters
December 27th, 2008, 06:57 PM
OMG... The week after next, it's done... :(

:( Agreed. I'm in no rush to see the end get here.

melfan
December 28th, 2008, 02:32 AM
The end of an era :( Well, there are always the DVD's ;)

GoSpikey
December 28th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Yes, there are!

And speaking of which... I have so many left to watch. I mean, I bought TXF a while ago, but didn't rewatch them yet, and they didn't broadcast them in so long, so by now I've hopefully forgotten most of the eps, so the squeeing can start all over again with that show. :D

Perhaps that might once be the case for Atlantis again. More sqeeing, that is.

I hope this episode is going to rock, together with EatG. It would be nice if it's the kind of episode you just want to keep rewatching over and over... :P

And then there's the movie to look forward to.

But first Vegas, which is on in like 5 days... I just hope that butts that downloaded the episode will still watch it on television. The leaker should be executed on the spot, really. No excuse is good enough to get out from under that. Shoot him. :(

g.o.d
December 28th, 2008, 02:51 AM
But first Vegas, which is on in like 5 days... I just hope that butts that downloaded the episode will still watch it on television. The leaker should be executed on the spot, really. No excuse is good enough to get out from under that. Shoot him. :(

well, given the fact SGA has been cancelled, it's really not importantn it was leaked

prion
December 28th, 2008, 07:26 AM

Execution? Bit severe. For Bernie Madoff? Yes. For some TV critic would might have left the DVD unguarded during lunch when a lackey came in, borrowed it and ripped it? No... ;)

Meanwhile...

NY DAILY VUE
Dec 28 2008

This was featured on the inside front cover of the magazine (can only be
picked up on newsstands)

FRIDAY - Jan 2, 2008
Stargate Atlantis. Detective John Sheppard's investigation into a string of
bizarre murders in Las Vegas leads to a strange man with superhuman strength. He's further mystified by a meeting with visitors from the PEgasus Galaxy who tell him the killer is a Wraith - an alien who feeds on human energy.

Had a nice picture of Shep with gun too.

morjana
December 28th, 2008, 11:09 PM
SGA - MGM Stargate: Video: Vegas Episode Trailer:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9472886&postcount=890

morjana
December 28th, 2008, 11:29 PM
SGA - MGM Stargate: NEW - 49 Stills from "Vegas':

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9472915&postcount=982

morjana
December 28th, 2008, 11:32 PM
SGA - MGM Stargate: 28 Behind the Scenes Photos from 'Vegas':

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9472923&postcount=983

morjana
December 29th, 2008, 11:41 PM
SGA - Alex Levine's Blog Update Dec 29 '08 - 'Vegas':

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=9478675&postcount=87

GoSpikey
December 30th, 2008, 03:01 AM
It's 'funny' how they oddly squished in Todd's voice there, at the end... Just to make sure people who want to know know he's in there, too... :P

Is it Friday/Saturday, yet? :P

Automission
December 31st, 2008, 12:33 AM
Attention UK fans! Sky One will be airing Vegas on Tuesday the 6th of January, 2009. Will no doubt confirm the finale on the 13th of January.

prion
December 31st, 2008, 06:59 AM
Hasn't even aired and the reviews are up already! ;)

http://scifi.about.com/od/stargateatlantis/fr/SGAT_5x19review.htm

Review: "Vegas" ('Stargate Atlantis' 5x19)

Excerpt:

A special effort was clearly made with "Vegas," the last episode in production even though it's being aired next-to-last. From start to finish, "Vegas" feels less like a weekly installment of a sci-fi series being produced on tight schedules at the cost of rushed effects and occasionally compromised visions. Even the actual series finale, "Enemy at the Gate" (about which more later), feels more like a conventional Stargate landmark episode, hinging on huge space battles and seemingly unpreventable peril to the entire Earth.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

prion
December 31st, 2008, 02:41 PM
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sciencenotfiction/2008/12/31/io9-does-everyone-a-solid-for-the-new-year/

regarding SGA "Vegas"

excerpt:

*The nice people at SciFi sent me a screener of the last two episodes, and I
can tell you now the penultimate episode of Stargate Atlantis on January 2nd
is one of their cleverest ever in terms of storytelling.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Briangate78
December 31st, 2008, 06:26 PM
Between the fan reviews and the critic reviews this episode sounds amazing, epic and something very different coming from TPTB. I cannot wait to watch this ep, only 2 more days!!!! :p

prion
December 31st, 2008, 06:37 PM
Between the fan reviews and the critic reviews this episode sounds amazing, epic and something very different coming from TPTB. I cannot wait to watch this ep, only 2 more days!!!! :p

IT's definitely worth seeing! :)

Briangate78
December 31st, 2008, 06:38 PM
IT's definitely worth seeing! :)

Yup, and I heard the finale is really good also. I am just glad SGA is likely going out on a high note. Identity was not exactly an ep you air for the 3rd to last show of the series. :S

jelgate
December 31st, 2008, 06:41 PM
Yup, and I heard the finale is really good also. I am just glad SGA is likely going out on a high note. Identity was not exactly an ep you air for the 3rd to last show of the series. :SRemember the 3rd last episode of SG1. That exactaly one of the show's finest:P

Briangate78
December 31st, 2008, 06:45 PM
Remember the 3rd last episode of SG1. That exactaly one of the show's finest:P

Dude, that was the worst SG-1 ep of all time, lol. At least Identity was not a top worst, lol. Darren was kind enough to give Family Ties an extra half of a star from one star. He must of been feeling very kind that day. :p It joins the ranks of the dreaded "Irr" eps. :p

GoSpikey
January 1st, 2009, 04:11 AM
The fact that her dad was eating that thing at the end was priceless! :D

Briangate78
January 1st, 2009, 07:42 AM
One more day till Vegas!! I am glad I did not give in . :p

Yes, I ended that sentence with a preposition.:p

Matkin21
January 1st, 2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah, this thread is becoming for those who resisted temptation to look at spoilers.

Im glad i have no idea what is going to happen :)

Mitchell82
January 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Dude, that was the worst SG-1 ep of all time, lol. At least Identity was not a top worst, lol. Darren was kind enough to give Family Ties an extra half of a star from one star. He must of been feeling very kind that day. :p It joins the ranks of the dreaded "Irr" eps. :p

It was a cute ep IMO. Though my favorite part is the very last scene.

Mitchell82
January 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Yeah, this thread is becoming for those who resisted temptation to look at spoilers.

Im glad i have no idea what is going to happen :)

I wish I had waited myself.

kache
January 1st, 2009, 02:52 PM
Just finished seeing it, but it seems that it isn't a good idea to talk about it here... :D
Waiting tomorrow.
BTW, loved all the music they put in the episode!!! :D

GoSpikey
January 2nd, 2009, 02:55 AM
Why do people think it's a good idea to say 'I liked it' or 'I didn't like it' when it only airs later on today? :beckettanime14:

Saying you're an illegal downloader time and time again isn't very smart, imo. :o

And I doubt, like some wannabe-god said in a different thread, that it's only the 'outside America' people who are downloading the episode pre-airing, and who don't have a life outside of checking out torrent sites to see if they can get it quicker than the American stations... :rolleyes:

prion
January 2nd, 2009, 04:09 AM
Why do people think it's a good idea to say 'I liked it' or 'I didn't like it' when it only airs later on today? :beckettanime14:

Saying you're an illegal downloader time and time again isn't very smart, imo. :o

And I doubt, like some wannabe-god said in a different thread, that it's only the 'outside America' people who are downloading the episode pre-airing, and who don't have a life outside of checking out torrent sites to see if they can get it quicker than the American stations... :rolleyes:

well, there's a whole thread of people who are actually confessing to downloading. and many are definitely US folk ;) The RIAA or whoever follows that stuff would have a field day there ;)

Briangate78
January 2nd, 2009, 05:12 AM
well, there's a whole thread of people who are actually confessing to downloading. and many are definitely US folk ;) The RIAA or whoever follows that stuff would have a field day there ;)

I believe the RIAA overlooks the music Industry. So the illegal downloading of music is what they are most concerned with. I am not sure who overlooks TV and movie Piracy.

Wow so only 12 hours till Vegas, I am glad I waited. :)

jelgate
January 2nd, 2009, 06:21 AM
I believe the FCC takes care of the TV copyright infringement but I'm not sure. While it is possible to track a person who downloads in the end its a waste of resources. Too many people do it these days.

Look what you can do with those 12 hours before Vegas airs. I love Before I Sleep.

Briangate78
January 2nd, 2009, 06:35 AM
I believe the FCC takes care of the TV copyright infringement but I'm not sure. While it is possible to track a person who downloads in the end its a waste of resources. Too many people do it these days.

Look what you can do with those 12 hours before Vegas airs. I love Before I Sleep.

SCI FI is starting their marathons today for SGA. All next week they are airing SGA marathons

Robinio
January 2nd, 2009, 11:53 AM
This is one of the best SGA Episodes i've seen.:sheppard:

jenks
January 2nd, 2009, 11:57 AM
Robinho*

prion
January 2nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
SCI FI is starting their marathons today for SGA. All next week they are airing SGA marathons

Wish they'd air 'em at night. Hard to watch if I'm at work ;) ah, thank goodness for dvds!

meanwhile, a funny tv guide type synopsis...

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/stargate-atlantis/season-5/6000419

Next On:
Today at 9:00pm EST - Sci-Fi Channel
Synopsis:
In an episode set in an alternate reality, Sheppard is a homicide detective who joins forces with FBI agent Woolsey in pursuit of a serial killer terrorising Las Vegas. As each victim is discovered apparently drained of their life force, the investigators begin to realise the case is far more sinister than either of them had imagined
Cast: Joe Flanigan as Maj John Sheppard, Robert Picardo, Torri Higginson as Dr Elizabeth Weir, David Hewlett, Rachel Luttrell, Jason Momoa, Jewel Staite

Yeah, glaring errors in there. Can you find 'em? ;) (and no, it's not the spelling since I bleieve it's from a UK site) ...

naamiaiset
January 2nd, 2009, 12:40 PM
Wish they'd air 'em at night. Hard to watch if I'm at work ;) ah, thank goodness for dvds!

meanwhile, a funny tv guide type synopsis...

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/stargate-atlantis/season-5/6000419

Next On:
Today at 9:00pm EST - Sci-Fi Channel
Synopsis:
In an episode set in an alternate reality, Sheppard is a homicide detective who joins forces with FBI agent Woolsey in pursuit of a serial killer terrorising Las Vegas. As each victim is discovered apparently drained of their life force, the investigators begin to realise the case is far more sinister than either of them had imagined
Cast: Joe Flanigan as Maj John Sheppard, Robert Picardo, Torri Higginson as Dr Elizabeth Weir, David Hewlett, Rachel Luttrell, Jason Momoa, Jewel Staite

Yeah, glaring errors in there. Can you find 'em? ;) (and no, it's not the spelling since I bleieve it's from a UK site) ...
Oh, let's see... Torri is gone, Sheppard isn't a major and Jason and Rachel aren't even in the episode... :rolleyes:

prion
January 2nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
Oh, let's see... Torri is gone, Sheppard isn't a major and Jason and Rachel aren't even in the episode... :rolleyes:

You win the wraith kewpie doll! It'll be in the mail ! ;) (not really, sorry) ;)

Specter177
January 2nd, 2009, 06:17 PM
You win the wraith kewpie doll! It'll be in the mail ! ;) (not really, sorry) ;)

And the fact that Shepperd doesn't team up with Woolsey until the very end.

Atlantis1
January 2nd, 2009, 09:47 PM

Since this is a different reality, it is possible they never became part of the Atlantis team. :shrug: