X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum on Blu-ray, DVD July 29

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...vd_july_.shtml

Stargate: Continuum will see a Blu-ray release alongside the DVD when the movie arrives in North America on Tuesday, July 29, FOX Home Entertainment will announce today.

While we've had the official DVD release date for a few weeks now (story), this is the first official confirmation that Continuum will be the Stargate franchise's first leap to the next-generation, high-definition format.

"We've got nuclear submarines, F-15's and the bone fide Arctic Circle," writer and producer Brad Wright said. "Add our fabulous cast, including Beau Bridges, William Devane, and Richard Dean Anderson, and you've got yourselves a movie."

With a running time of 99 minutes, the disc will also include an audio commentary track by writer-producer Brad Wright and director Martin Wood, plus three bonus featurettes:

* The Making of Stargate: Continuum
    * Stargate Goes to the Arctic
    * The Layman’s Guide to Time Travel

"Delving into the extraordinary making of Stargate: Continuum, the featurettes explore how the U.S. military provided assistance, such as a Navy nuclear submarine and F-15 fighter jets from the Air Force, what it was like shooting in the Arctic, and how science and science fiction collide," FOX said in the press release.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Hooray!

And now, I shall start cursing Fox for not making their Blu-Ray discs region free. Hopefully, a European release will not be far behind...
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Wow this is wonderful news indeed! Now I only need a Bluray player...
      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

About time!

After seeing the trailer, I've been hoping much for a Blu-ray version.

Comment

July 29th needs to seriously hurry up and get here already.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The DVD will run $26.98 ($37.98 in Canada), and the Blu-ray disc $39.98 ($49.98 in Canada).

50 bux in CANADA! are they insane?!!? 10 bux more then the US (when the dollar has been sitting around par for quite some time), and 50 bux for the bluray?

Hopefully this is the retail suggest price, because i'm not gonna pay 50 bones for it. Here in Canada most blurays are around 30 bones (and their counterparts a little cheaper int he US).

50 bux is a little steap. I am happy its coming out on bluray, but the price isn't right

Comment

Originally posted by Zod5000 View Post
              Hopefully this is the retail suggest price, because i'm not gonna pay 50 bones for it.
              Obviously, it's the suggested retail price.
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It is a bit disappointing that it is only going to be single layer though so probably only twice the quality of the DVD release.
                Last edited by redrama9; 19 April 2008, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Single Layer on a bluray is 25gigs (opposed to 8.5 for a dual layer dvd). 25 gigs is enough for a decent quality 1080p transfer of a 99 minute movie. You start going over 2 hours then you probably need the 2nd layer a little bit more.

Comment

Fortunately, the encoding for Continuum will be with the AVC codec, rather than the obsolete MPEG-2. There will only be three language tracks, with English getting the DTS-HD lossless track, and the other two with lossy 5.1 Dolby Digital tracks. A BD-25 certainly should get the job done for this title.

Comment

This is awesome. I wanted AoT on BD but hearing Continuum will be on BD is great news.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                      X