Ark of Truth Number's Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark of Truth Number's Sales

Acording to numbers.com. Stargate the Ark of Truth has made $7,176,041 by selling 423,501 DVD's in its 4 week run, meaning that is has mad a profit od $176,041. That is a good sign to know that MGM did not lose money in the sales of the movie and is obvously good sign for the third movie.

Ok. So what?

Comment

they would want to make more money than that to make a new movie.

Comment

There are also the rentals which are, for now, about 4 million dollars, and then there will be international sales...
        sigpic
        Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by leeman15251 View Post
          they would want to make more money than that to make a new movie.
          only one?
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
            There are also the rentals which are, for now, about 4 million dollars, and then there will be international sales...
            I have no doubt that they'll be making a third movie and that AoT drummed up a tidy sum but just out of curiosity, where did you get this number from?
            Last edited by Nikki; 16 April 2008, 04:17 PM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

The sales numbers are pretty good, it'll probably end up making 21 million between worldwide sales and rentals, which turns out to be a pretty penny for MGM. The third movie will probably be a must for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                I have no doubt that they'll be making a third movie and that AoT drummed up a tidy sum but just out of curiosity, where did you get this number from?
                Rentals...
                http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/rental...3-30&region=us
                Sales...
                http://the-numbers.com/dvd/charts/weekly/thisweek.php
                sigpic
                Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

If its made a profit in the USA thats great news. It came out here in Australia 2 weeks ago I got my copy. I'm sure the worldwide sales will push it up to a very nice profit.

And its rare you don't see sequels when its profitable.

What I like most though is that the success of this model of direct to DVD movies after a cancelled TV show could be done for more shows that get cancelled in the future.

Comment

Not been released in the UK yet, I've pre-ordered mine, I think it comes in a week or two...that'll sure help out, if it's almost pure profit.

Comment

Fantastic! Considering it's only been about a month and they are making a big profit, they would be stupid not to green-light a third movie.

Comment

All I know is that AoT was the top 'coming soon' and 'new release' DVD on EzyDVD (which is now really popular in Australia) and it sold pretty well at my work. Not that it really counts for anything but AoT seemed pretty popular down under so that should boost the numbers a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis21 View Post
                          meaning that is has mad a profit od $176,041.
                          Not really. I assume the 7 million is total retail sales. Not all of that goes back to MGM.

You need to know what MGM's cut is to calculate profit.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                            Not really. I assume the 7 million is total retail sales. Not all of that goes back to MGM.

You need to know what MGM's cut is to calculate profit.
                            Regardless of that, its doing much better than the producers and MGM expected so its a win

Comment

And those figures before it's been released out over here in Europe. I reckon the UK/Irish market will bring a good slab to the table. SG-1 is extremely popular over here, tends to take prominence on DVD boxset shelves here in Ireland and is the most regularly shown show on Sky One now (it's on seven times a week here, The Simpsons is only on six!

Comment

Working...
                              X