Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the Arc of Truth should've ended...

Alternate ending #1:
    Adria sees the Ark of Truth, realizes it won't help her brainwash people. She blasts it into Kingdom Come, everyone's happy.
    Alternate ending #2:
    The table is falling, Adria is supposedly godly being. What ever happened to blasting the box then? Blasting it out of the way for the Doci? Blasting/throwing the Doci telekinetically across the room?
    Alternate ending #3:
    Box drops, before the Doci can look into it, she blasts it across the room.
    Alternate ending #4:
    Doci looks into shiny box, Adria kills him before he can tell the rest about her dirty little secrets.

No, really, "we" only won because Adria was an idiot. What's wrong with her? Tons of power and the supposed wisdom of the ages and she can't come up something as simple as "Quickly, blast the box out of the way of the Doci!"?

Alternate ending #5:
    The Sangraal lost the electricity and it doesn't shine anymore. Yellow flames will appear to destroy it forever...
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      Alternate ending #1:
      Adria sees the Ark of Truth, realizes it won't help her brainwash people. She blasts it into Kingdom Come, everyone's happy.
      Alternate ending #2:
      The table is falling, Adria is supposedly godly being. What ever happened to blasting the box then? Blasting it out of the way for the Doci? Blasting/throwing the Doci telekinetically across the room?
      Alternate ending #3:
      Box drops, before the Doci can look into it, she blasts it across the room.
      Alternate ending #4:
      Doci looks into shiny box, Adria kills him before he can tell the rest about her dirty little secrets.

No, really, "we" only won because Adria was an idiot. What's wrong with her? Tons of power and the supposed wisdom of the ages and she can't come up something as simple as "Quickly, blast the box out of the way of the Doci!"?
      There wasn't enough time for any of that. It all happened very quick as to the last part they were seeing the truth at the same time the Doci was.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Adria is a being who should trascend time at least somewhat. Heck, I were Adria and wielded all of the power she wielded, even I would've had the reaction time to flick my wrist and fling the Doci out of the room or something.

Comment

I agree that the way AoT ended was lame. But then, I also think that the very premise of AoT was lame and an oversimplistic way to get rid of the Ori threat to the galaxy.

I would have preferred no Magic Box, no idiot-Adria, no final Boss Battle between 2 balls of light.

I would have like to see instead, a well thought out premise by the writers for a way to destroy the Ori. They knew for what? almost half of season 10 that they had been cancelled and they couldn't have put into motion something credible to plot the downfall of the Adria, the Priors, and their followers. Heck, if they had even introduced this idea of the Magic Box before the series ended I may have been more open to the idea.

I don't know how it should have ended by I don't think this should have been it.

But if I have to choose one of those endings FallenAngel, I'll go with #5...Adria sees that she has a)the box b) Vala c) Daniel d) Tealc and decides that she can just destroy the box and 3/5 of SG-1 in one go....and does so.

Or are we looking for an ending that actually saves the Milky Way?
          sigpic

Comment

Personally i find it more wierd that she didn't use her powers to destroy the Odyssey when it was detected and surely she could've told that it was in her galaxy i mean she's omnipitant and all.

Cute, Cute but stupid.
            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
              But if I have to choose one of those endings FallenAngel, I'll go with #5...Adria sees that she has a)the box b) Vala c) Daniel d) Tealc and decides that she can just destroy the box and 3/5 of SG-1 in one go....and does so.

Or are we looking for an ending that actually saves the Milky Way?
              No, we're looking for an ending that doesn't make the antagonist devolve mentally to the equivalent of a monkey baby (cute but dumb).

We're looking for an ending that would've been logical.

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
              Personally i find it more wierd that she didn't use her powers to destroy the Odyssey when it was detected and surely she could've told that it was in her galaxy i mean she's omnipitant and all.

Cute, Cute but stupid.
              Because then the movie would've ended in, like, 40 minutes! No, you're right. That's just as stupid as well. I guess you could say "Well, she still had lingering attachments to her mother".

I don't see why she didn't just fling the Ark into an activate volcano. I mean, she didn't even seem surprised when Daniel said it can only be used to show people the truth. The minute she figured that out, it became useless (and quite dangerous) to her. She should've just grabbed it and run off and destroyed it.

"Here's a box which can only be used to thwart me and steal my power. Do I A) leave it in my lair near one of my most devoted servants who can communicate with the rest of my most devoted servants all at once and sap my powers fro me, B) fling it into an active volcano?"

Comment

should have ended with Adria getting nekkid.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                  should have ended with Adria getting nekkid.
                  LOL! Green!
                  Now seriously, how cool would have been if the Ark hadn't worked anymore and SG-1 must find another way to 'kill' Adria! Now that would have been a wonderful plot twist!

Comment

I wanted to see as the Sangraal is stopped. So it could give us a hint for the Ori's return in the future, because they were not killed, only paralyzed. But AoT changed everything and Adria said that they are dead.

A joker scene:

Anubis, Oma, Morgan and Adria play card game around a table on a very-very far-far away other ascendancy level:
                    - I will raise the spot with two solar system.
                    - Ok. I will put my galaxy. I am all-in.
                    - Bah! What about the other realities?
                    - Ok. Than I will put the other dimensions too with every possible future changes.
                    - What about the past events?
                    - Grrr....
                    Than two light bulb will begin to fight with a black smoke and a fireball forever after this insult. Than something will change. Their desk and cards are going to replicate and morph into a shiny block-type RepliWeir, who says to them:
                    - May I join your game?

"I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                    X