PDA

View Full Version : Do you think ford is well and truly gone...?

Cam_Mitchell
April 13th, 2008, 07:21 AM
the title says it all really... do you...?

the blackheart
April 13th, 2008, 08:54 AM
do i think hes gone? no :ford:
do i think we will see him again, i doubt it

ShadowMaat
April 13th, 2008, 09:04 AM
As far as TPTB are concerned? Yes. And as they've pointed out, theirs are the only opinions that matter. ;)

Besides, Rainbow's moving to L.A. Makes it easier for TPTB to say he's "unavailable."

Ferret
April 13th, 2008, 09:05 AM
He went out, guns blazing, on a Wraith ship. If he's not dead, then Michael must've gotten his hands on some of Ford's DNA somehow and cloned him. That is the only way he could still be alive.

nova
April 13th, 2008, 09:14 AM
i dont think hes dead, and i dont think we'll see him again tho.

it would be good to see him in a story where he has another crew of super fords, and fightin micheal and his crew

jenks
April 13th, 2008, 09:21 AM

I do, yes. He was on a ship that exploded.

nova
April 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
idk if this is true or possible, but

do wriath hives have escape pods? or maybe he escaped on a dart

The_Carpenter
April 13th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I do, yes. He was on a ship that exploded.
:indeed:

His dead....

andrewTellis
April 13th, 2008, 11:36 AM
the writers meant to write to make his death vague, that way they can bring him back whenever they want or not bring him back at all.

rens14
April 13th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Is he dead? Not sure.
Will we see him again? No. I'd like to see him again though

UrukHai
April 13th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I think it's safe to say that with the range of characters available (and the actors that portray them), it's unlikely we'll see Ford return in any significant way.

Personally, I preferred 'Good Ford' over his recurring 'Bad Ford' character. He never really created any fear or apprehension as a baddie. I like my villains nasty, mean and threatening.

Now Elizabeth as a replicator - that had wicked potential. She scared me when she was a good guy LOL. As a villain, now that would have been something else. It's a shame the actress turned down the role, but in the way she was written out, I don't blame her.

Uruk Hai

maxbo
April 13th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Based on Sheppard's comment at the end of The Hive when he said he wouldn't be surprised if they saw Ford again, I believe he's alive. Unfortunately, because TPTB don't want to write for the character we'll probably never see him again.

Platschu
April 13th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I am bit sad that they don't plan to bring back him for the 100th episode. :(

Pic
April 13th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I hope so.
Sorry, didn't like the strung-out-on-wraith-drug/serum Ford.
If he comes back, we should shoot him.
:ford::jack_new_anime25:

Steve_the_Wraith
April 13th, 2008, 01:31 PM
He's dead he was onboard an exploding ship

I've yet to hear a convincing reason for how he survived

jenks
April 13th, 2008, 02:08 PM
the writers meant to write to make his death vague, that way they can bring him back whenever they want or not bring him back at all.

His death was about as vague as Grodin's.

Jedi40
April 13th, 2008, 02:42 PM
He is dead and turned to space dust.

kali1
April 13th, 2008, 05:33 PM

I think he's still out there. I would love to have Ford come back.

Mitchell82
April 13th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I hope so.
Sorry, didn't like the strung-out-on-wraith-drug/serum Ford.
If he comes back, we should shoot him.
:ford::jack_new_anime25:

I feel the same.I never really liked him but he did get more interesting in season 2.

LiquidSky
April 13th, 2008, 09:14 PM

Yeah, I too think that writers tend to do that to charaters they create. First create a character, get the viewer involved with their story line then create a vague death. This sort of writing frustrates the viewer. not knowing if that perticular character will come back. I just hope the writers won't do that to Todd.

LS

ShadowMaat
April 13th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I should think it'd frustrate the writers, too. After all, they create these characters, get us invested in them and write vague deaths for them when they have no intention of ever bringing them back only to have us pester them for years and years about when we're going to see them again.

They're gluttons for punishment. ;)

Briangate78
April 14th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I try and picture Ronon in the spots were Ford was in Season one. I think it would of been an even better season. I never liked Ford, I have even been watching Season one and two like crazy, don;t feel at all for him. The only characters I miss are really Weir and Carson. Carson is returning next season back to a Season one type role, so have that to look forward to.

I did like how they made Ford more interesting in Season 2. I would like to see a conclusion with Ford, getting help, and returning home to his Grandma. :)

The Prophet
April 14th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I did like how they made Ford more interesting in Season 2. I would like to see a conclusion with Ford, getting help, and returning home to his Grandma. :)

I've always wondered what they told his family as to what happened to him. Was he declared dead, but with no body to retrieve, or Missing In Action...?

I watched an episode of SG-1 earlier, introducing Cha'kra~ the Unas, and how they burried the dead team members on the planet; shouldn't they be obligied to return their bodies to Earth for their families?

It's always confused me...

Briangate78
April 14th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I've always wondered what they told his family as to what happened to him. Was he declared dead, but with no body to retrieve, or Missing In Action...?

I watched an episode of SG-1 earlier, introducing Cha'kra~ the Unas, and how they burried the dead team members on the planet; shouldn't they be obligied to return their bodies to Earth for their families?

It's always confused me...

Good questions. As per Ford, it would be considered M.I.A, since Sheppard's report would read that last time he saw him was alive. Someone like Carson was K.I.A, and Weir was M.I.A, until it was confirmed she was killed, but technically she was not.

I am not sure about the body thing though.

chevron3
April 14th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I try and picture Ronon in the spots were Ford was in Season one. I think it would of been an even better season. I never liked Ford, I have even been watching Season one and two like crazy, don;t feel at all for him. The only characters I miss are really Weir and Carson. Carson is returning next season back to a Season one type role, so have that to look forward to.

i agree. ford was sorta a dumb character.

Jeff O'Connor
April 14th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I never thought Aiden to be the greatest character in the franchise or anything, but I didn't downright dislike him. Calling him stupid because of his actions in the second season doesn't seem quite right to me; after all, he wasn't really himself past that harrowing moment at the end of the first. Whatever he became, while I didn't like him as much as mostly the rest of the cast, I still viewed his arc as intriguing and beneficial to the storytelling of the series, so watching him get dropped so quickly and vaguely was unsettling.

I'd love to see him back for the hundredth episode, though it isn't going to happen.

The TARDIS
April 14th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I'd like his to come back in a Time Travel/AU episode (like Frasier and Lantash in Ripple Effect). But aside from that, yeah, I think Ford's done for :(

ShadowMaat
April 14th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I liked Ford-the-human and was frustrated at his under-utilization. Then they went and made him into Ford-the-hybrid and at times I found it painful to watch. I think the writers dropped the ball big time and made a complete mess out of the character, so in that respect I think it's probably good that he stands no chance of coming back.

Briangate78
April 14th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I liked Ford-the-human and was frustrated at his under-utilization. Then they went and made him into Ford-the-hybrid and at times I found it painful to watch. I think the writers dropped the ball big time and made a complete mess out of the character, so in that respect I think it's probably good that he stands no chance of coming back.

A mess? Well he was not a hybrid he was drugged up on the enzyme. Totally different than the Hybrids. I think it was a clever direction. I just want to see it end with him going home and just end it there. Who knows this show has many seasons left in it. Now is the time to really get things going.

Infinatus
April 14th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I thought it was kind of unfortunate Ford didn't get more of the spotlight in season 1. The necessity of his removal from the main cast was foreseeable and it could have oh so easily been avoided if Sheppard wasn't always the hero in every single episode and one of the stand alone episodes of season 1 had been a Ford episode (Sheppard proved his worth so he could have survived say "Sanctuary" being shelved until season 2).

ShadowMaat
April 14th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I'd have been happy if Skanktuary hadn't aired at all. :P Putting a Ford ep in its place would have been much better, I agree. But alas, TPTB had other ideas so now instead of Ford-colored wallpaper we have Ronon-colored wallpaper. :P

Reiko
April 14th, 2008, 07:36 PM
.: I don't think he's dead due to the doreshadowing by Shep at the end of The Hive. But in regards to him coming back ...

As far as TPTB are concerned? Yes. And as they've pointed out, theirs are the only opinions that matter. ;)

.: Agreed. We don't matter. They do. They watch a show they want to write. Conceited? Yes. Fair? No. What they say goes. :mckay:

.: Hallowed are the Mallozzi. /sarcasm :mckay:

PG15
April 14th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Oh, not this again.

It really shouldn't be hard to understand this, guys. I'll make this simple; when you say "we don't matter", what do you mean by "we"?

Because if you mean the fans in general, then I think it's pretty easy to see why they can't listen to us; we all want different things.

And "what they say goes"? Why yes, it should. Because it's their show.

Reiko
April 15th, 2008, 11:30 AM

.: And is that just?

Jumper_One
April 15th, 2008, 11:40 AM
.: And is that just?

what's that supposed to mean? there'd be no Atlantis if it weren't for the writers, directors, producers etc. fans may not always like the direction of the show or the evolution of certain characters but PG15 is correct: it's their show

Reiko
April 15th, 2008, 11:45 AM
.: It's their show, yes. But who are the customers?

Jumper_One
April 15th, 2008, 11:47 AM

we are. however they're ok as long as enough people watch the show which is the case

PG15
April 15th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Whoever likes the show, obviously.

I mean, nobody's forcing you to buy their product, right?

Reiko
April 15th, 2008, 02:20 PM
I mean, nobody's forcing you to buy their product, right?

.: No. But as the producers to said product, they should listen to consumer complaints and use it to better the product. It's not all about the sales, it's about the quality.

.: Oh, wait - maybe it isn't. After all, once the product is sold, all customer care is said tofly out the window :rolleyes:

PG15
April 15th, 2008, 02:34 PM
.: No. But as the producers to said product, they should listen to consumer complaints and use it to better the product. It's not all about the sales, it's about the quality.

And what happens when the Consumer Complaints all conflict with each other, as it does in Gate fandom (or pretty much any fandom)? They can't listen to the majority, since it's virtually impossible to know which opinion is in the majority; they can't listen to the loudest ones because that's stupid, so who do they listen to? Which complaints should they solve?

Like I said, this isn't that hard to understand once you attempt to put yourself in their shoes. You can't listen to the fans for this very simple reason: the fans don't even listen to the fans.

Reiko
April 15th, 2008, 03:03 PM
And what happens when the Consumer Complaints all conflict with each other, as it does in Gate fandom (or pretty much any fandom)? They can't listen to the majority, since it's virtually impossible to know which opinion is in the majority; they can't listen to the loudest ones because that's stupid, so who do they listen to? Which complaints should they solve?

.: We take delegates from each fan group, we all sit around a table, and have peace talks. Or we could have a conference call if that works. Or we can appear by satillite. Whatever works.

.: It's what ELizabeth would do :weir::)

You can't listen to the fans for this very simple reason: the fans don't even listen to the fans.

.: Really something to think about, eh? Fandom can be such a pain in the ass. ;)

jelgate
April 15th, 2008, 03:05 PM
.: Really something to think about, eh? Fandom can be such a pain in the ass. ;)[/COLOR]

For once we agree:P

PG15
April 15th, 2008, 03:12 PM
.: We take delegates from each fan group, we all sit around a table, and have peace talks. Or we could have a conference call if that works. Or we can appear by satillite. Whatever works.

Every fan is his/her own fan group since no 2 fans agree on every single thing. Nothing will work, ever; which is good, since if it did work, we'd all be Borg drones. Such is the nature of fandom, and that's why TPTB can't listen to the fans, because there is no concensus on any subject. End of story, so stop complaining about that (unless you just want to irritate and annoy people on purpose, which makes you a troll).

Skydiver
April 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Folks, i know we have a full moon coming and all, but that is not your open invite to be nasty adn mean and keep breaking the rules.

DIslike the decisions of tptb to your hearts content, but you can't rag on them, you can't disrespect them and you need to refer to them with respect.

It would do good to remember that no one in vancouver is making decisions based on 'how much will this tick off so and so fan', they're doing what they think is best for the franchise. Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong, but it is NOT personal. Fans are the people making it that way.

Mitchell82
April 15th, 2008, 09:24 PM

I agree 100%.

Jeff O'Connor
April 16th, 2008, 10:59 AM
In my perfect little universe, Ford would show up on the one-hundredth episode and have a tail-season-ender arc lead into a sixth-season premiere, and he'd be so full of experience from a few years away from the team (because that's when a backwoods character would truly be allowed to shine, is elsewhere) that those who couldn't take his a-bit-over-the-top enzyme-induced personality would have far less to gripe about.

Seasoned, all could attempt to welcome him back again, and he'd have a happy-enough little ending, what with Carson saving him or something else to that effect. Or at least kill him in a fashion that John doesn't make a remark at the end of yet another episode spouting about how someone is alive when they aren't.

Buck32
April 16th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I think they should bring him back, but i know they won't , it would require good writing , which the SGA writers can't do.

Buck32
April 16th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Oh, not this again.

It really shouldn't be hard to understand this, guys. I'll make this simple; when you say "we don't matter", what do you mean by "we"?

Because if you mean the fans in general, then I think it's pretty easy to see why they can't listen to us; we all want different things.

That's a fair point but shouldn't they at least try to listen to fans?, i mean if we didn't watch the show, buy the dvd's etc, the show wouldn't exist, i don't think TPTB try to even listen to the varying fans viewpoints on this and many other issues, they just see ratings figures are up and just go, yeah we'll just make more of the same.

There should be some kind of ending to the Ford saga, not to please everyone but just because if they had any pride in their craft they would want there to be some closure.

PG15
April 16th, 2008, 05:33 PM
That's a fair point but shouldn't they at least try to listen to fans?,

Yeah, but which fans? Why should they listen to one fan opinion over another?

i mean if we didn't watch the show, buy the dvd's etc, the show wouldn't exist, i don't think TPTB try to even listen to the varying fans viewpoints on this and many other issues, they just see ratings figures are up and just go, yeah we'll just make more of the same.

Well yes, that's what everyone does, because ultimately it's the ratings that determine whether show survives or not. And then there is the point of contention of "we". If "we" didn't watch the show/buy DVDs, then someone else will.; namely those that want to. You'll never unite the fans for any real endeavor, so the talks of "if we..." is pretty much useless and never going to happen.

There should be some kind of ending to the Ford saga, not to please everyone but just because if they had any pride in their craft they would want there to be some closure.

While I would too like to see another end to the storyline; to them, Ford died on that hive in The Hive. That's enough closure, for them.

And for some fans.

the fifth man
April 16th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Personally, I would really like to see an end to the Ford storyline. Would it be so hard to give him a proper two-parter send-off? I don't think so. But I'm not going to hold my breath on actually seeing this.

Infinatus
April 16th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Personally, I would really like to see an end to the Ford storyline. Would it be so hard to give him a proper two-parter send-off? I don't think so. But I'm not going to hold my breath on actually seeing this.

As was demonstrated with Bates, someone who was presumed dead can easily return 3 seasons later to play a minor role (and Bates didn't even question Teyla's loyalty in the episode!). It's possible they could resurrect Ford, though since he was removed for practical reasons as opposed to Bates, somehow it doesn't seem likely (unfortunately).

Athosian Death facilitator
April 18th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Yeah, I too think that writers tend to do that to charaters they create. First create a character, get the viewer involved with their story line then create a vague death. This sort of writing frustrates the viewer. not knowing if that perticular character will come back. I just hope the writers won't do that to Todd.

LS

If Todd dies and it's not an epic and concrete death. I would hate JM, and PM, so much!!!!!!!!!! bUT I dont and could never hate JOE> it's all PAUL's fault!!!!

Mitchell82
April 18th, 2008, 07:51 AM
That's a fair point but shouldn't they at least try to listen to fans?, i mean if we didn't watch the show, buy the dvd's etc, the show wouldn't exist, i don't think TPTB try to even listen to the varying fans viewpoints on this and many other issues, they just see ratings figures are up and just go, yeah we'll just make more of the same.

They do listen but in the end it's their show and they do what they think is best. I can't stand Ford and while it would be nice to see an actually conclusion to that story it doesn't matter one way or another for me.

DarkSullivan
April 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM
He went out, guns blazing, on a Wraith ship. If he's not dead, then Michael must've gotten his hands on some of Ford's DNA somehow and cloned him. That is the only way he could still be alive.
Michael wasnt even introduced until late season 2, and ford disappeared mid-season 2. Thats not a option. He might come back.

Constanza
April 19th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I do not believe we will see him back in the show… which is sad; because I do not think he is dead… and I would really like to see if he’s now some kind of monster after a long period with the enzyme

Ludofjn
April 19th, 2008, 03:26 PM
do i think hes gone? no :ford:
do i think we will see him again, i doubt it
/agreed

Count
April 19th, 2008, 06:31 PM
He's gone. The character had a fatal case of no personality and it bit him in the ass when the hiveship he was on blew up.

YutheGreat
April 19th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I doubt he is still out there. Maybe just maybe he has been recruited by Michael to serve under him

jds1982
April 19th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Do you think ford is well and truly gone...?

Oh I'm sure there's still pieces of him out there.

Yes, it's the same joke I do every time someone asks this question, but honestly it just never stops being funny to me.