This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disconnected

I really think that Atlantis should be disconnected from earth... i hate it now it can get anything it wants from earth whenever it wants it....

Originally posted by Cam_Mitchell View Post
    I really think that Atlantis should be disconnected from earth... i hate it now it can get anything it wants from earth whenever it wants it....
    how so??? the midway station is gone ....and it only has 1 zpm

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
      how so??? the midway station is gone ....and it only has 1 zpm
      The wraith making some crazy contraption which can stop ships reaching atlantis... so it can go back to the old days [season 1 style]

Comment

Actually it's simple - introduce a new threat into Milky Way and tie up all our ships...

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
          Actually it's simple - introduce a new threat into Milky Way and tie up all our ships...
          Genius, why is your username silly sally it should be Genius Sally LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam_Mitchell View Post
            Genius, why is your username silly sally it should be Genius Sally LOL!
            Because even when we had the Ori who were more of a threat than the Goa'uld, we still had a ship traveling to Atlantis.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I think it would be nice if 2 ships (apollo, deadalus) would be stuck in pegasus and there is no way in or out not a wormehole or hyperspace that way they are disconnected but still have ships
              - Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
              - When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
              - Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
              - Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Comment

No... We're going into the expedition's fifth year now, and to cut them off would be unrealistic and a massive step backwards. It would stagnate the show IMO. After all that has happened, Earth would never be cut off from Atlantis. They have three ZPMs, 1 at Atlantis and two in the Milky Way, and three ships, soon to be four probably, capable of going backwards and forwards.

Fact is, they aren't cutting them off, even if people want them too.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Because even when we had the Ori who were more of a threat than the Goa'uld, we still had a ship traveling to Atlantis.
                  The Ori were a sham! They never attacked us with all their might!
                  Spoiler:
                  Heck even in AoT 7 Ori ships conveniently waited until Sg-1 found the Ark and neutralized Adria

Comment

Originally posted by rens14 View Post
                    I think it would be nice if 2 ships (apollo, deadalus) would be stuck in pegasus and there is no way in or out not a wormehole or hyperspace that way they are disconnected but still have ships
                    That makes no sense though. I know this is a show about Stargates, but that...

Comment

I would LOVE for Atlantis to be cut off from earth - no gate, not hyperspace - and make them fend for themselves, like in the beginning of S1. I think there should have been no communication, or assistance, from earth for the first two seasons...things just got too easy for them once they had access to all things earth.

A perfect scenario for me would be to see a situation arise where earth believes Atlantis, and all in it, are destroyed. The gate would have to be taken out of operation, but hyperspace poses a problem. The only way I see for earth NOT to return to the PG (to check on Atlantis) would be if they absolutely believed Atlantis destroyed, and whatever destroyed it (Wraith, new enemy, etc) was too huge a threat to risk returning.

This would force the Lanteans to fend for themselves. They wouldn't be so invincible (something that irritates me now). They may be forced to continue alliances with the likes of Todd, just to survive in the face of new enemies and dangers. They'd have to go easy with their ammo, with their food supplies, with everything. It would be great to see an entire season where the Lanteans are 'dead' to earth, and Pegasus is all but forgot.

THEN have something major-bad happen - NOT to the Lanteans, but to earth - and somehow, someway, a rag-tag team of Lanteans (maybe with help from Todd for added flavor), manage to make it back to earth to stop whatever the major-bad thing that is happening from happening.

And after the dusts clears, the SGC/IOA look at the Lanteans with this 'where the hell did YOU guys come from - and WHAT'S up with the creepy green guy with you' look on their faces.

Yeah, I'd like something like that...

das
                      sigpic

Comment

I must admit that it was kinda nice when Atlantis was cut off from Earth. It forced us to depend on each other....It was nice...
                        But there is almost no way that they can cut us off again....

Comment

Eh, anything's possible with the right plot, and a creative imagination.

Only problem is how it would play out in the long run. It could limit story possibilities, and would definitely limit SG1 guest star appearances. It could allow space to introduce new characters/species/civilizations, and develop more fully those that already exist. It would seriously limit ship-to-ship confrontations (unless the Lanteans got real chummy with the Travellers, or even the Wraith...or found another Ancient ship somewhere).

If the series got picked up for a sixth season, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it be an isolated Atlantis season, since I find all the earth interaction a bit...annoying.

das
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree that it was a huge shame they reestablished contact with Earth so quickly, but there's no going back to that now. It wouldn't work.
                            Theoretically spoilerish:
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                              I would LOVE for Atlantis to be cut off from earth - no gate, not hyperspace - and make them fend for themselves, like in the beginning of S1. I think there should have been no communication, or assistance, from earth for the first two seasons...things just got too easy for them once they had access to all things earth.

A perfect scenario for me would be to see a situation arise where earth believes Atlantis, and all in it, are destroyed. The gate would have to be taken out of operation, but hyperspace poses a problem. The only way I see for earth NOT to return to the PG (to check on Atlantis) would be if they absolutely believed Atlantis destroyed, and whatever destroyed it (Wraith, new enemy, etc) was too huge a threat to risk returning.

This would force the Lanteans to fend for themselves. They wouldn't be so invincible (something that irritates me now). They may be forced to continue alliances with the likes of Todd, just to survive in the face of new enemies and dangers. They'd have to go easy with their ammo, with their food supplies, with everything. It would be great to see an entire season where the Lanteans are 'dead' to earth, and Pegasus is all but forgot.

THEN have something major-bad happen - NOT to the Lanteans, but to earth - and somehow, someway, a rag-tag team of Lanteans (maybe with help from Todd for added flavor), manage to make it back to earth to stop whatever the major-bad thing that is happening from happening.

And after the dusts clears, the SGC/IOA look at the Lanteans with this 'where the hell did YOU guys come from - and WHAT'S up with the creepy green guy with you' look on their faces.

Yeah, I'd like something like that...

das
                              Great idea. I like!

Comment

Working...
                              X