This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Todd getting weaker?

Well it seems to me that Todd's influence is declining. I mean first he had his own hive loyal to him which was destroyed by another Hive over Atlantis. He manage to rally seven hives for BAMSR. In SOW he only had one left which betrayed him and was also destroyed. In Kindred, he only had a Wraith Facility.

In Last Man, He went into Michael's facility alone without support. On the grounds of self interest why risk going into an enemy fortress if he could bombard it from space with a couple of hives. Todd said he liked stealth if that is the case why didn't he bring at least a couple of guards.

Why not have an episode. Where Todd is speaking to a council of Wraith Queens similar to the Summit in SG1. Todd addresses the queens to unite the Wraith under his banner. He leverages the cure to the Hoffan drug. Michael hears about the secret Summit and attacks it. SGA hears about it as well and decide to recon it. Todd devises a strategy to push back the assault with aid of SGA without the queens hearing about it. The queens have no hives because they were dropped off at a nuetral planet and gated to another planet because they are worried that one queen would assassinate the rest. Due to SGA's aid Todd gets the queens under his banner.
    Stargate Revival Please!

interesting thought, but I don't see todd as getting weaker. in a way, I think he's biding his time. what I find intriguing is that he seeks to regain power and prestige among wraith, yet wants to wipe them out (all perhaps except those loyal to him). I'd love to see the wraith unite under his lead, and he's resourceful/clever enough to make it happen. we'll just have to wait and see. although, it doesn't look like that's the direction S5 is going in. ()

Comment

from being a prisoner to owning his own hive ship... going up in the world i see...

Comment

I think Todd is a perfect example of an alliance between the Wraith and the Atlantis Expedition. Mckay and him were able to work together and in other situations we were able to prove that it was not impossible. Together they could try to find some sort of chemical that could replace humans as the main source of food for the wraith so that they could help Atlantis defend Pegasus against new enemies. So I hope that Todd is not getting weaker because he is the biggest hope for an Atlantis/Wraith alliance.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
          Well it seems to me that Todd's influence is declining. I mean first he had his own hive loyal to him which was destroyed by another Hive over Atlantis. He manage to rally seven hives for BAMSR. In SOW he only had one left which betrayed him and was also destroyed. In Kindred, he only had a Wraith Facility.

In Last Man, He went into Michael's facility alone without support. On the grounds of self interest why risk going into an enemy fortress if he could bombard it from space with a couple of hives. Todd said he liked stealth if that is the case why didn't he bring at least a couple of guards.

Why not have an episode. Where Todd is speaking to a council of Wraith Queens similar to the Summit in SG1. Todd addresses the queens to unite the Wraith under his banner. He leverages the cure to the Hoffan drug. Michael hears about the secret Summit and attacks it. SGA hears about it as well and decide to recon it. Todd devises a strategy to push back the assault with aid of SGA without the queens hearing about it. The queens have no hives because they were dropped off at a nuetral planet and gated to another planet because they are worried that one queen would assassinate the rest. Due to SGA's aid Todd gets the queens under his banner.
          Sounds boring to me, he's much more interesting as a cunning underdog IMO.

Comment

maybe the wriath are losin faith in todd

he is an honorable wraith, like alot of the wraith are 2 each other, but todd has helped, and kept promises to the atlantis team before, so maybe the wraith think he is weak.

its like you or me befreinding a turkey just before christmas and savin it from being eaten, you'd think they wud be wierd if they did that, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
              interesting thought, but I don't see todd as getting weaker. in a way, I think he's biding his time. what I find intriguing is that he seeks to regain power and prestige among wraith, yet wants to wipe them out (all perhaps except those loyal to him). I'd love to see the wraith unite under his lead, and he's resourceful/clever enough to make it happen. we'll just have to wait and see. although, it doesn't look like that's the direction S5 is going in. ()
              Same here. I can imagine him pulling some major trap that would result in him gaining all of his power back, and more, all in one move, by manipulating the Expedition and the Wraith.

Comment

It's hard to say where Todd's head is right now. He's not getting weaker - in fact, we have NO idea how much power he actually has again among Wraith because he's too smart to tell. When he said, 'for my hive, and my hive alone', he certainly indicated that he belonged to only one hive (and didn't specify if he was the commander of it). BUT...maybe Todd is a bit of a gypsy...flitting from hive to hive, sharing his info with 'his hive for the moment', gaining their trust, winning them over, uniting them - we just do NOT know. He may be building something up behind the scenes...

Or, he may just be losing faith in Wraith society as a whole, and is ready to abandon it and create something new from scratch, much like Michael has. But I'd prefer it if his vision was the opposite of Michael's. Michael wants to divide, destroy and control...it would be nice if Todd's vision was to usher in an age of peace and cooperation.

Ahhh...who knows. I just hope they don't waste a great character like Todd...or I'll be a very unhappy worshipper...

das
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                  Same here. I can imagine him pulling some major trap that would result in him gaining all of his power back, and more, all in one move, by manipulating the Expedition and the Wraith.
                  that would make for a great episode, I think. then there's the question of how he'd use his power though.

Comment

Same here, However a main character may have to be sacrificed to achieve this. It would be exciting if we didn't even know we were playing into his hands. The team comes out thinking they won and the final scene moves to Todd being chosen as the first Wraith Emperor.
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                      Same here, However a main character may have to be sacrificed to achieve this. It would be exciting if we didn't even know we were playing into his hands. The team comes out thinking they won and the final scene moves to Todd being chosen as the first Wraith Emperor.
                      it wouldn't be the first time atlantis got outsmarted by a wraith.

todd is more interesting in his "neutral" role, no need to turn him a villain.

Comment

I think the op may be onto to something. I've always had the feeling that Todd is a very old and powerful wraith and that maybe the newer queens feel threatened by him. I also think that he might have to kill an Atlantis expedition member to gain the allegieance of many wraith.

Comment

Hey, woosley is available!!

Comment

Todd is trying to take advantage of a very dangerous situation.

His diplomatic relationship with the Expedition has left him the only wraith in the galaxy with detailed information about the Hoffan drug. He can use that information to make his hives the only well fed group of wraith in Pegasus.

At that point we're going to see the story branch in one of two directions:

1) He will become a King Wraith, and essentially control Pegasus with an iron, if more nuanced, fist. Possibly will use cloning tech to "farm" humans.

2) Will work with the Expedition to create a non-human food source. Possibly utilizing Michael's research.

Comment

I really hope he turns in to a KOVU/SCARE like character. Tormented all his life by the evil he knows, and turns in to a KING WRAITH, only to have his empire crumbled...by a lonely human on drugs. No less. Say a certain short'sh, earth born citizen , MIA for a long-long time. Say...don't we have a character that fits that description??????
                              sigpic
                              i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Working...
                              X