This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mist

So have any of you seen it yet and what do you think of it?

Personally I thought it was a pretty unique film and quite different from other sci-fi/horror flicks nowadays in that it wasn't just a simple survival story but rather went deeper and focused on exploring the human psyche and it showed just how primitive we can be when it comes down to our basic desire to survive.

The ending, while not spoiling it too much, was kinda sad IMO. But I sorta half-expected it end this way when Thomas Jane steps out the truck and nothing happens for a moment.

"Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

I saw this movie not long ago, and really enjoyed it. The ending was something else, no doubt about that. I never saw that coming.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Is it out on DVD yet? I've not seen it since I despise movie theaters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
        Is it out on DVD yet? I've not seen it since I despise movie theaters.
        Yeah it just came out last week.

It was on my must-buy DVD list as soon as I saw the trailer, and I wasn't disappointed!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post

It was on my must-buy DVD list as soon as I saw the trailer, and I wasn't disappointed!
          I plan on buying it soon.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
            Thanks! I'll look for it.

Comment

Great film, A LOT better than I thought it was going to be. I really hate it in horror/monster movies when the horrific reveal comes early on in the film, and when we saw those tentacles I really thought I was going to be disappointed. The good thing however, was that the real monsters in the movie were the people themselves. It's a shows a great transition of how normal sane people can turn into animals when they're scared. Anyone else want to strangle that old bag themselves? I know I did.

Comment

The ending was changed from the original story, though King said he liked it. I don't mind changing parts of stories, or combining characters because I know the film can't possibly put everything into it from the book, but I don't like it when the ending is completely changed. Takes something away, IMO.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

This had one of the best and ballsiest endings of any movie I'd seen in years. Was it horrible, of course, but that's what made it such a good horror movie, no sappy tacked on Hollywood happy ending.

Comment

I didn't even know they had made this! I'll certainly be checking it out as I love SK books. It's good to hear that you all think it's good as the film makers don't really have a history of addapting his books very well.
                    sigpic

Comment

Great movie, although the ending was a downer. Although
                      Spoiler:
                      I doubt the main character will be alive for much longer. How much would that suck, if they had just waited for five more minutes, or stayed in town.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                        Great movie, although the ending was a downer. Although
                        Spoiler:
                        I doubt the main character will be alive for much longer. How much would that suck, if they had just waited for five more minutes, or stayed in town.
                        Spoiler:
                        The thing that really clinches it to is that they were driving away from rescue the whole time. They went to all that trouble and all those people died getting to the car so they could drive the wrong way.

Comment

Just finished watching it. I liked it. I'll give it 4 Thors.

It would have gotten the 5th if they would have

Spoiler:
                          either shot the religious nutbag lady earlier in the movie or explained what the creatures were. All in all, I'd rather they shot her earlier. I can cope just fine not knowing the creatures' origin.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                            Just finished watching it. I liked it. I'll give it 4 Thors.

It would have gotten the 5th if they would have

Spoiler:
                            either shot the religious nutbag lady earlier in the movie or explained what the creatures were. All in all, I'd rather they shot her earlier. I can cope just fine not knowing the creatures' origin.
                            I'm glad you liked it.

Spoiler:
                            I too was a bit annoyed by that bible lady, but I suppose that was the whole point that the protagonists felt they had no choice but to leave the store or else they would've been sacrificed one by one, just like what happened to that Army man.

As for the creatures I think it was mentioned at some point that the military opened a portal to another dimension and lured the creatures to our world, sorta like the Ancient bugs in Sight Unseen.

sigpic

Comment

^^ Indeed, the creature were explained.

Comment

Working...
                              X