Stargate as a weapon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate as a weapon?

I have an interesting idea about using a Stargate as a weapon of sorts.
    Okay...here is a quick summary of gate tech we know:
    The gate has buffers for outgoing travelers, and incoming travelers. Once the object is fully transported, the buffer is released, and rematerialized.
    Now... we also know that the gate's power is taken from the dialing gate, and the target gate.

My idea is combining both of these qualities.
    Say you wanted to use your gate as the "firing weapon"... you would link the section that draws the power from the "target" gate, with the incoming buffer of your gate. This would cause all the energy to be put in the buffer. Now... when the transfer is completed to the desired level, you would shut down the gate, and give the gate a command to empty out the buffer (such as what happened to Teal'c). This would cause raw energy to rematerialize and be a weapon of sorts.

Say you wanted the Target gate as the weapon.
    Do the same thing as above, but instead of the power going into the incoming buffer, you direct it into the outgoing buffer, so that the energy is sent to the other gates buffer, and rematerialized.

This is just something i thought up real quick... and i thought it would be something interesting to talk about...
    Last edited by stargateanubis14; 11 May 2009, 09:50 AM.

the stargate was designed for transportation not as a storage buffer, mckay's 48 hour assesment may have been incorrect but the signature does decay, making it not very reliable. Wraith culling technology is more reliable to work for those purposes. And if you really wanted to work something on a similar way to that they could always store things in the buffer for the asgard beam transports.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

well yes... i know the signature decays... but does that really matter with energy? And if you "charge" the gate, and then immediately fire, it wont really matter. The gate can hold a lot of energy, as we have seen in several episodes... its just a matter of how much is storable in the "output" buffers...

Comment

I kinda get what your saying (i think)

Your saying that if you had a weapon that was able to find energy and store it from a local source (we'll use a ship) like the Apollo. You start your weapon and it builds up more and more energy in its buffer. It targets (Ori toilet ship) the buffer, which happens to be the weapons bay or the shields it would essentially overload the system and make it go boom!

Not a bad idea for a weapon actually but i don't think a gate would be capable of doing it.

Comment

Anubis used a devise that filled the Earth Stargate with energy the would exceed it's capacity to blow it up taking the planet along with it. It was in SG1 season 6 Redemption.

The Gate was used as a weapon in multiple occasions in the SGC.

Sokar used it. He bombarded the Iris with energy weapons. He projected his face that tried to burn the Iris. It was the epsiode where SG1 captured Apophis.

The Reps used it to fire a constant beam using their unlimited ZPM against Atlantis.

Carter use the gate to blow up the sun and wiped out a sizable portion of Apophis Fleet in Exodus.

More of a delivery system rather than turn the gate as weapon.
          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by Anonmatel View Post
            I kinda get what your saying (i think)

Your saying that if you had a weapon that was able to find energy and store it from a local source (we'll use a ship) like the Apollo. You start your weapon and it builds up more and more energy in its buffer. It targets (Ori toilet ship) the buffer, which happens to be the weapons bay or the shields it would essentially overload the system and make it go boom!

Not a bad idea for a weapon actually but i don't think a gate would be capable of doing it.
            not quite from a local source... but from another gate. You dial a gate, and we know that the dialing gate receives power from the other gate. All i'm doing is instead of using this power to connect a wormhole, store the energy in the rematerialization buffer. We know the gate uses subspace for several things... is that how it sends its energy? if that is so, you essentially wouldn't even need the wormhole. Just dial the gate, taking out the command to connect a wormhole, but still receive energy. Then, when it is "full", you essetially rematerialize all that is in th buffer (activate a temp-wormhole), and releases the energy!

(I hope i rephrased it correctly...lol... i hope to have a diagram for this soon...)

Comment

cant you just use the gate to absorb the shield, or the kawoosh to destroy something

Comment

Technically i guess you could...but the flush is such a short ranged weapon, i dont see how it could be effective. And using the gate to absorb the shield... i dont quite see how that would work. I assume it could pass through a shield...

Comment

No. You have do establish a wormhole to feed power, BTW what your describing is Anubis's gatebuster.

Comment

i wasn't sure if the gate used the wormhole to send the energy...worth a shot! lol

and the gate buster is using another device... this uses the Stargate itself to send the energy

Comment

Originally posted by stargateanubis14 View Post
                      i wasn't sure if the gate used the wormhole to send the energy...worth a shot! lol

and the gate buster is using another device... this uses the Stargate itself to send the energy
                      No, same principle, you see that energy came form the device, but it was the stargate that sent it, you need an external powersource anyway, a DHD doen't have the power to be a weapon.

Comment

if there is enough power to power a gate, and create the "flush"(which is pretty dangerous...), who's to say it couldn't be a weapon? Where does that energy come from?

Comment

well, the milkyway gates can handle a lot of energy, they can survive nukes, so i would say that they could actually absorb shields

Comment

I think, we should try and edit the gates to give of a thinner yet longer kawoosh. It is hard to Mcgyver it, but if we do, imagine the faces of the Wraith and the Ori when they see our ships with gates attached to it, and then, while they are laughing, an Uber All-Pwning Ship-destroying long Kawoosh of Doom(TM) blasts a hole through their ships. Then they would start to storm MGM and say to them "WTF? HAX!"

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/59484
                            Credits to Shanthaia for the siggy.
                            The Chevron Team
                            Spoiler:
                            Never make everything Organic!
                            Atlantis Meeting. The Atlantis team views a Wraith transmission...
                            :Thanks to us finding a stockpile of drone weapons, we have reverse-engineered them and created an organic version. We are finished with the testing and YOU will be our first target.
                            :Order evacuation of all unimportant personnel. Raise the shield.
                            :The drones are heading towards us.
                            :Those drones look familiar...
                            : SQUID?!?
                            We are sending eggs so you can make some squid/egg rolls after this. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by RM_2000_A View Post
                              I think, we should try and edit the gates to give of a thinner yet longer kawoosh. It is hard to Mcgyver it, but if we do, imagine the faces of the Wraith and the Ori when they see our ships with gates attached to it, and then, while they are laughing, an Uber All-Pwning Ship-destroying long Kawoosh of Doom(TM) blasts a hole through their ships. Then they would start to storm MGM and say to them "WTF? HAX!"
                              It was done. Teal'c used a lowly Alkesh to hide a gate, drew an Ori ship toward him.

Then backed off, and the whirlpool caused the destruction of an Ori ship. This was the episode where they redirected the Wraith super gate. Forget the name.

Comment

Working...
                              X