This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does O'Neill Die?

You dont think that Gen Jack O'Niel dies in the movie i mean the article says that "they might not all make it" and we have not heard quat on the O'Niel in the PG since season 3. i hope he does not die.

Originally posted by Anubis21 View Post
    You dont think that Gen Jack O'Niel dies in the movie i mean the article says that "they might not all make it" and we have not heard quat on the O'Niel in the PG since season 3. i hope he does not die.
    Only if they don't plan on continuing the franchaise anymore.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Spoiler:

I declare...SHENANIGANS!!!

Comment

Even if he does die in the film, it doesn't mean that he's dead in the final timeline.

The last thing that I read about the movie mentioned only "subtle" changes to the timeline after all was said and done.

O'Neill dying isn't that subtle to me.

Comment

^
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
              Even if he does die in the film, it doesn't mean that he's dead in the final timeline.

The last thing that I read about the movie mentioned only "subtle" changes to the timeline after all was said and done.

Agreed. O'neill dead is not a subtle change.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I think alternate o'neill and original timeline sg1 might die in the end to correct the timeline (ala 2010, before i sleep and moebius).

Comment

There are talks of a third movie with Jack as the lead...so I doubt it.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Maybe the alternate timeline O'neill dies. That would be cool actually. Especially if Carter is there when it happens. I wonder how she would react. And it would also give one more very good reason to SG-1 to fix the timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post

yes, people died in other timelines before, but there are still there in the final one.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis21 View Post
                        I think its unlikely that O'Neill (two LL's thank you very much) dies, and even less likely that O'Neil dies.

But joking aside, killing off a main character for good? That would be quite a stunt for TPTB to pull off, and one that seems to be precluded if what Nikki says is true.

Also there already seem to be quite a few people confused about alt. timelines vs. alt. realities, and that would only highlight the issue. Those who have trouble wrapping their heads around the idea that this is an alt. timeline story, and NOT an alt. reality story might holler that they killed the "real" Jack and replaced him with one from an alt. reality (I'm not sure I buy that argument, but to each his own). And a Jack who was seen as a replacement would cause much contention in fandom.

Spoilers for Atlantis Season 4

Spoiler:
                        See the great Carson Beckett clone debate.

And while I sympathize with Beckett fans, and will be livid if TPTB try to do something similar to the Jack character, if at the end of the day Jack at the end of the movie acts like and for all intents and purposes is (as in same memories, feelings, sense of humor, etc.) the original Jack, I'll get used to it.
                        If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Also there already seem to be quite a few people confused about alt. timelines vs. alt. realities, and that would only highlight the issue. Those who have trouble wrapping their heads around the idea that this is an alt. timeline story, and NOT an alt. reality story might holler that they killed the "real" Jack and replaced him with one from an alt. reality (I'm not sure I buy that argument, but to each his own). And a Jack who was seen as a replacement would cause much contention in fandom.
                          Alternate timelines and alternate realities are the same, because if you try to change the past you end up creating an alternate timeline, which becomes an alternate reality. I could use The Legend of Zelda as an example.

In Ocarina of Time, after Link have pulled the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time he falls into a deep coma for seven years, and when he wakes up Hyrule have become a dark land. He learns that the only way to defeat the evil Ganon is to awaken the Six Sages of Hyrule (actually, it's only five, since Rauru was never killed by Ganon).

He does that, and with the aid of the Seventh Sage, Princess Zelda, he defeats the Prince of Darkness (I prefer his title from the first game). As the Sage of Time, Zelda then returns Link to his original time, thus creating a split timeline; the original one, which continues on from there and Hyrule needs to heal her wounds, and one where Ganon never takes over and the army of Hyrule is able to stop him because Link never opens the Door of Time in that timeline, forcing Ganon to attack Hyrule directly (the Imprisoning War).

It is alternate realities and different dimensions that some people are confused about.

Comment

Perhaps O'neill dies near the beginning of the movie, and the subtle change is that he's alive by the end?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Perhaps O'neill dies near the beginning of the movie, and the subtle change is that he's alive by the end?
                              I think that's what happens.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Working...
                              X