Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea for recurring storyline (up to AoT spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea for recurring storyline (up to AoT spoilers)

Ok, I apologize if this is the wrong place and for posting "another dang movie idea"
    Also, this will contain SG-1 (and maybe some Atlantis) spoilers up to and including the Ark of Truth.

The basic premise could span several movies and serve as a pickup engine for when they need to fill time

Ok, basically, in the aftermath of the defeat of the Ori, there is much confusion. The 7 or so ships that are now in our galaxy (several came through that we [as viewers] just weren't told about.) are sitting dead because the Priors can not figure out how to maintain control over the complex ships for any great length of time, and the one ship near the supergate that actually made it there can not figure out how to dial home.

After hearing rumors of this confusion, a Lucian oppourtunist seizes the oppourtunity with the ships' shields down and disables and captures one.
    Instead of coup detat-ing the Lucian alliance, he for whatever utterly contrived reason decides to cooperate in leading the Lucians to conquer the galaxy.

Things don't move at lightspeed as the Lucian command realizes that a single Ori ship can not hope to conquer the galaxy especially with the knowledge of Earth's advanced weaponry on its ships. So they begin making little skirmishes with the Ori ship hoping to force the galaxy to capitulate. All the while this is going on, they are examining the technology attempting to upgrade the Ha'taks with Ori technology.

Now this can serve as a main plot one movie, then as a subplot for a few more. However, there could be a "sub sub plot" to this idea: Allied Ori ships. With the Prior no longer able to control the ship, the Langarans, united by the Ori, take control of the ship in orbit of their planet. They decide to use it for defense and name it Unity after the unification of their 5 nations.

Because they somehow recognize their own shortcommings dealing with Alien technology, they decide to go to Earth and ask for help. Commanding the ship is none other than Jonas Quinn! When the ship arrives in Earth orbit, we at first go on high alert, but get hailed, then informed then yadda yadda yadda we help them and somehow at the same time discover the Lucian's plot.

Sorry this is so long, but I've just got to let this spill all out.

For the resolution of this conflict, there needs to be a massive monumental battle! We discover a battle station of theirs that is either their "capital" their research facility, shipyard or somesuch thing that is equipped with an Ori main beam weapon and a powerful power core. I'm thinking of the Goa'uld station design we saw in "Summit."

In this battle, we have all 4 of our ships: Odyssey, Daedalus, Apollo, Phoenix accompanied by a fleet of Jaffa/Tok'ra/whoever-else-has-a-Ha'tak plus the Unity that we have roughly upgraded with better shielding and higher-powered weapons. The Allied fleet faces off against a somewhat larger fleet and makes the run. [cue DS9 style battles here] The 304s lead the charge running the gauntlet picking off whatever Ha'taks they can but concentrating on the Lucian's Ori ship. Once they're through the line, they concentrate fire on the station till its power core is finally damaged pending a breach. The allied ships all fly away ala "battle of Endor "Pull Up!"" as the station explodes in a massive explosion. Then we have a nice ending scene welcoming a new dawn of peace yadda yadda yadda then roll credits, then preview next SG-1 movie!

So what yall think?
    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
    Zatnikitelman

There are a couple of problems with that storyline. Humans cannot fly Ori ships and i doubt Earth would even allow a lucian ship to go near an Ori ship. Aslo even if the Lucian alliance gained one of the ori ships, Earth's asgard enhanced ships would hunt it down and destroy it.

Comment

I'm not sure about the details, but there certainly needs to be a film dealing (at least in part) with the Lucian Alliance. And trying to steal a battlecruiser would be very typical of them.

Comment

The Priors still have their superpowers though. They can still pilot their ships, and probably can also open the supergate at will. How could the Lucian Alliance possibly take an Ori vessel?

Comment

Sorry guys, I just like defending my idea, nothing personal...and very valid points that might need to be addressed!

@Fjord: I don't remember them saying we couldn't fly one. Might take a bit of time to figure it out, but I'm sure a Lucian scientist could.
          The Galaxy has a volume of over 47 BILLION cubic lightyears. I doubt we could monitor every square meter to make sure Lucians don't get near one.
          A. First we'd have to find it; B. Even if we did, our ships can still be beat down AoT nonwithstanding. But that could have been replicator enhancement; and C. If they really wanted the ship, just hang around until the ship's shields started fluctuating, then launch into hyperspace and escape. It takes time to deliver a knockout blow to an Ori ship even using the Plasma Weapons.

@rielgenius1688: Do they? I thought the superpowers were more Ori driven or as a result of their linkage through the crystal. AoT might have disrupted that.
          I was saying that should they have lost their powers, the caos that would result onboard would make an easy avenue for a Ha'tak to come in and either disable the ship, or send landing troops.
          When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
          Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
            Sorry guys, I just like defending my idea, nothing personal...and very valid points that might need to be addressed!

@Fjord: I don't remember them saying we couldn't fly one. Might take a bit of time to figure it out, but I'm sure a Lucian scientist could.
            The Galaxy has a volume of over 47 BILLION cubic lightyears. I doubt we could monitor every square meter to make sure Lucians don't get near one.
            A. First we'd have to find it; B. Even if we did, our ships can still be beat down AoT nonwithstanding. But that could have been replicator enhancement; and C. If they really wanted the ship, just hang around until the ship's shields started fluctuating, then launch into hyperspace and escape. It takes time to deliver a knockout blow to an Ori ship even using the Plasma Weapons.
            Oh and yes, the Priors stil have their super human powers. Remember, they're basically just genetically enhanced. Just cause the ori are dead doesn't mean that it goes backwards..

@rielgenius1688: Do they? I thought the superpowers were more Ori driven or as a result of their linkage through the crystal. AoT might have disrupted that.
            I was saying that should they have lost their powers, the caos that would result onboard would make an easy avenue for a Ha'tak to come in and either disable the ship, or send landing troops.
            Carter was only able to figure it out when she was given explicit information by Daniel. Also the fact that the Lucian Alliance are not as advanced as the Tauri, and therefore, even if they have smart people, will take them quite an amount of time.
            Last edited by Dr.Mckay; 13 April 2008, 06:33 PM.

Comment

I would like to see a BSG 2003 crossover movie when the Fleet appear in the sol system and four 304 greet them.
              sigpic
              The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Working...
              X