This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel/Jack fans thread - Fic recommendations

I couldn't find a thread for this so I made one. Feel free to delete it if there is one already. )

1. What is your favourite slash episode?
    2. what scene best shows Jack/Daniel?
    Gaterelle

And if it's not too much to ask, I'd prefer this thread to be protected or just no bashing in here.
    Gaterelle

Comment

Looks like I am the only one...then I'll have this thread for myself. *sighs*
      Gaterelle

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
        No you won't! I'm here too! But just to make sure, what does slash episode mean? Just wanna be clear before I post anything of consequence here.

don't read slash sorry, i am just a gen fic girl who enjoys reading MISSING SCENES FROM EPS!

but i do enjoy watching DANIEL N JACK on screen especially when they get the BANTER GOING!
        Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

It's a pity that there aren't more slashers here.

I have declared Jack/Daniel as my pairing of choice ever since that infamous "Spacemonkey" incident.

Fave slashy episode: Hmm...that's a tough one to answer. There are tons of slashy scenes throughout the series, though. One of my favorites is the storeroom scene in Need. It wasn't sexual, but it was awesome, nonetheless. Another was when Jack expressed concern over Daniel becoming jailbait in Prisoners. Deadman's Switch also had some nice slashy bits.

As for what scene best shows Jack and Daniel, I'd have to say it's the "I can't leave him like this, and I won't" scene from The Fifth Race. Or the storeroom in Need again.

I'm sure I can think of more.

Comment

Need was great Jack/Daniel hurt/comfort. The Light had some good shippiness in it. Evolution, part 2 had Jack come rescue Daniel.

Full Circle was classic Jack/Daniel banter. My favorite. See my sig.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Ah, here's the thread I was searching for

Favorite J/D slashy moments (not counting the thousands of great J/D friendship moments):

In "Absolute Power," just after Jack replaces the flower in the bouquet, the chemistry between the two of them is really noticable. More so than usual. I think the chemistry is actually always there; it's just more noticable because Daniel isn't wearing his glasses. Anyway, there's a definite erotic element to their interaction in that scene, which I wasn't even looking for, yet I still could see it.

In "Prisoners," just after they arrive in the prison, Jack motions Daniel over to him, Daniel comes over to stand directly in front of him, Jack takes off Daniel's glasses, and they both just freeze for a moment. Then Jack ruins the moment by explaining about the whole "weakness" thing.

Those are the clear slashy moments that I can think of off the top of my head, without reviewing the series. I'm sure there are more as well.

And, of course, there's the simple fact that when either of them is in trouble, the first one they call out for is the other

On to a totally different slash-related subject that I've wanted to talk about, so I'm taking this opportunity: I would have to say that I find it rather annoying that so many slash fics find it necessary to portray them both as secretly gay, despite ample canon evidence to the contrary. It's just not necessary, and shouldn't be done when they're both straight in canon, or at the very most, bi. And it's not necessary to make them both gay in order to have a slashy relationship between them. They love each other. This is plainly obvious any time either of them is in trouble (prior to S6, at least). Sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

For example, MS is not my type. (RDA is far more my type, actually - tall, thin, not too muscular...) When I first saw Daniel, I didn't find him all that attractive. In fact, between the hair and the clothes, he was decidedly unattractive. Now, however, I find him extremely attractive - because I've fallen in love with Daniel.

My point is, because of social pressures, people place an undue amount of emphasis on sexual orientation, when in fact, it's really just a part of the question of "what is your type?" And type is really just a question of "what physical attributes do you find attractive on first meeting?" It's an irrelevant question when it comes to people you already know well. If you're in love with someone, you will find them attractive, regardless of whether they're your type or not.

Ok, getting off the podium now

Many thanks to blingaway for the sig pic.

Comment

Katerine, I really don't think Daniel would be into labels, he strikes me as very much a person who, when in love, wouldn't give too much thought to the gender of the person he was in love with (I'm agreeing with you here in a roundabout way!). Canonicly, though, I would peg Jack as straight (but then, still waters run deep and Jack is not the type to lay his cards on the table) but fanfic is a dark and wonderous place and wouldn't let a little trifle like that stop us.

This is not a slash friendly board (though in every other way, it's very welcoming) but I'm as big on the Jack/Daniel friendship as I am the slash. It was their friendship which got me watching Stargate in the first place, actually, it was the team friendship, all four of them, I loved most.
                sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't say that this forum is not a slash friendly board; in fact two of the eight moderators openly admit to being slashers. What we do ask though is that all discussions remain within the PG rule of the forum and that you make sure to talk about the characters only, not about the actors when discussing slashy undercurrents and such.

Comment

I agree totally with xayeidemon. Also I think another good slash episode was Meridian. *sniff*. Damn those two have chemistry!

Jack/Daniel is my fave. I don't read any other slash, because - i dont know why - they just seem...wrong, somehow. Although Daniel/Jonas is good when you can find it, whcih isn't ofter, i might point out *grumble grumble* so if anyone knows where to find good daniel/jonas fics, PLEASE let me know!

Taness.

Supreme Comander of the SS Yet-To-Be-Named.

Comment

I´m not exactly a true slasher (gen is my world ) but I enjoy when they play around in the show with it (looking already forward to that one special moment in "Threads" )

But to be honest I prefer friendship moments between them.

So my favourite Jack/Daniel episode is "Abyss". They had a wonderfull chemistry in this episode. It was just awesome...

And my favourite moment for them is (no big surprise) the space monkey moment form "Serpent´s Lair.

But the most slashy moment in the show is for me ( please don´t ask me why
                      I have no answer for it)the scene in "Here for the Grace of God" as Daniel gives Jack the video tape. To that time I don´t had an idea that there were slash stories for the show but it makes me go "What was that ?!?" I can´t explain it but the looks between them made this scene to the still most slashy moment of the show for me. Love it.

Other Daniel/Jack episodes I love are "Need", "The Light" and "One False Step"
                      And the Jack and Daniel moment´s from "Enemies" I like, too. But there are much more like the scene in the elevator from "Full Circle"...or the scene as Jack brings Daniel to his home in "Children of the gods" and I could go on and on. There are so many great moments...

The best slashy moment that was IMO meant to be slashy was the candy bar scene form "Birthright". One of the funniest moments in the later seasons.
                      Last edited by Hathor999; 24 February 2005, 02:52 AM.

Comment

There are some great moments between them in Abyss.

Comment

I'm not a true slasher either, but I do love their friendship...and the odd moment of slash
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

My fav Jack Daniel episode?....

Children Of The Gods 1&2
                            Torment Of Tantalus
                            Fire And Water
                            The Serpent's Lair (Space Monkey *SQUEE!*)
                            Prisoners
                            Need
                            The Fifth Race
                            Holiday
                            One False Step
                            Legacy
                            Deadman Switch
                            Shades Of Grey
                            Crystal Skull
                            Nemesis
                            Small Victories
                            The First Ones
                            Absolute Power
                            The Light
                            Double Jeopardy (Just the begining :">)
                            Beast Of Burden
                            Menace ("You stupid son of a *****." Brought a tear to my eye)
                            Meridian
                            Abyss
                            Fallen
                            Homecoming
                            Fragile Balance
                            Life Boat
                            Enemy Mine
                            Evolution 1&2
                            The Lost City 1&2
                            New Order 1&2
                            Lockdown
                            Icon

Yeah... That's about it. What can I say? I slash happy!
                            Still Smiling,
                            ^_^,ll..

Comment

I liked the whole of season two for this very reason. It seems TPTB weren't worried back then about the fans coming up with slash and so they let Daniel and Jack have a really good working relationship that we just don't see too much of anymore

I did like the beginning of Full Alert for some of that, though

Comment

Working...
                              X