Granny whatsherface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granny whatsherface

Well... I didnt ask this question until id finished watching all the eps of farscape AND PK just in case i was in for a spoiler, but i wasnt.

What the F*** was the point in her? And why was she on Moya? I dont know if i missed an episode and if i did i'd lvoe to have it explaine dto me why tha told woman was in season 4.

Apparently she was a slave on Scorpius' command carrier, and Crichton rescued her when it was destroyed. As for why tptb chose to have her in season 4, I have no idea. I just found her annoying.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

yeah, i thought there was a fe eps where she seemed cool but i really had no idea why she just seemed t pop up outta nowhere!

Comment

They probably had plans to explore her later and more gradually, but when Sci Fi unexpectedly gave them the axe...
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The enigma that is Noranti is another reason to weep at the lack of Season 5. I only hope that more might be explained in future Farscape projects because I found her one of the most interesting characters.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

Overall, I liked Noranti. I really wish we had gotten to know more about her.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It wasnt so much that i didnt like the character. I just didnt like the way they seemed to stick her in without much of an entrance.

Initially i thought from the way everyone was acting like she had always been there i thought she was messing with their minds somehow. Then say by episode 3 or 4 one of them would realise shes outta place.

Comment

Originally posted by farcue View Post
                It wasnt so much that i didnt like the character. I just didnt like the way they seemed to stick her in without much of an entrance.

Initially i thought from the way everyone was acting like she had always been there i thought she was messing with their minds somehow. Then say by episode 3 or 4 one of them would realise shes outta place.
                What do you mean? First episode she appeared, Dog With Two Bones, almost every member of the Moya crew have a 'who the hell is she and why is she on our ship?' moment.

The writers obviously intended the audience to be caught completely off guard when she suddenly popped up like she'd always been there. Farscape, at least by that point, had a penchant for choosing the strange, the road less taken, doing things a little differently than the rest of the neighbourhood kids. What better example than introducing a new regular character by literally having her just be there, with the rest of the crew wondering where the frell she came from!
                Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                  Apparently she was a slave on Scorpius' command carrier, .
                  Actually, I think she was a prisoner, not a slave.

But I had the same reaction as the 1st poster, I thought I had missed an episode (I didn't have the DVDs yet & was watching via downloads) until the characters also started asking who she was.

I liked her well enough, although I hated how they always used her for exposition - she was asleep or forgetful, so they had to explain to her what was going on. It was kind of clunky, particularly for FS. I kind of liked the way they would start episodes in the middle of some action, like you missed a minute or two. You still managed to catch on without all the explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post
                    The writers obviously intended the audience to be caught completely off guard when she suddenly popped up like she'd always been there. Farscape, at least by that point, had a penchant for choosing the strange, the road less taken, doing things a little differently than the rest of the neighbourhood kids. What better example than introducing a new regular character by literally having her just be there, with the rest of the crew wondering where the frell she came from!
                    Really nice post. I totally agree.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

yo mefusta, I didnt really think of it that way but good point. It is a very Farscape thing to do rather than going with a traditional way of introducing a new char.

In fact, now I think its kinda cool that they did it that way, also glad im not the only one who thought they'd missed an ep

Comment

Yeah, we were definitely supposed to learn more about her in Season 5. I'm sure of it. We were just robbed of that chance.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by farcue View Post
                          yeah, i thought there was a fe eps where she seemed cool but i really had no idea why she just seemed t pop up outta nowhere!

I think she was there to fill in the gap left when Virginia Hey left the series

Comment

Originally posted by Bey0nd View Post
                            I think she was there to fill in the gap left when Virginia Hey left the series
                            Doubtful since Virginia had already been gone for at least two years. I think she was there to annoy people. If anything, she was there to help John escape his feelings for Aeryn when she rejected him (silly woman that she was). I think she was also there to help him realize that life goes on regardless of who does or doesn't love you.
                            sigpic
                            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                              Doubtful since Virginia had already been gone for at least two years. I think she was there to annoy people. If anything, she was there to help John escape his feelings for Aeryn when she rejected him (silly woman that she was). I think she was also there to help him realize that life goes on regardless of who does or doesn't love you.
                              Huh? Virginia left the series early in season 3, granny was introduced in the last season 3 episode. Are you using some weird definition of the word "year" that I'm not aware of?

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                              The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Working...
                              X