Sangraal vs. super-Adria ? [SUPERMASSIVE AOT SPOILERS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sangraal vs. super-Adria ? [SUPERMASSIVE AOT SPOILERS]

by "super-Adria" I mean Adria after ascension and before she was partially depowered by the Ark of Truth

what would've been the effect of the Sangraal on uber-Adria ?

in other words would a powerful-enough ascended being resist or even be impervious to its effects (Adria said she would become some sort of all-powerful god if she wiped out the ancients and if that's true then I'd expect a god to at least be unaffected by an electronic gadget), or does the device work the same regardless of the ascended's power ?
    (and if it's the latter, couldn't SG have simply assembled another Sangraal before heading for Ori country ?)
    Last edited by SoulReaver; 07 April 2008, 09:50 AM.

Adria is stupid, so Sangreal will destroy her as it destroyed the Ori.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Well the Sangraal works by cancelling out ascended beings, so I would think how powerful Adria was wouldn't have made a difference...

Comment

Agreed. Sangraal v. Adria == "neutralized" Adria.

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
          Well the Sangraal works by cancelling out ascended beings, so I would think how powerful Adria was wouldn't have made a difference...
          I agree. I don't think she could have survived it no matter how powerful she is/was.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I believe she would probably have bigger chance to discover something wrong is down there and she will be able to destroy it. But if she won't, she'll die. She's still an energy being no matter how powerfull she is.
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              I believe she would probably have bigger chance to discover something wrong is down there and she will be able to destroy it. But if she won't, she'll die. She's still an energy being no matter how powerfull she is.
              Actually, I think she'd have a lesser chance. See, although she's powerful, she's still a lone ascended being, limited by both space and time. So yeah, she can perceive a lot, but only about the place where she's at.

The Ori, however, being many ascended beings could likely spread out and still be able to communicate with one another, increasing their presence throughout the galaxy. Something tells me, though, that they tended to remain huddled up in Celestis rather than bother with overlooking their other planets.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18 View Post
                The Ori, however, being many ascended beings could likely spread out and still be able to communicate with one another, increasing their presence throughout the galaxy. Something tells me, though, that they tended to remain huddled up in Celestis rather than bother with overlooking their other planets.
                I agree. That's why they were destroyed
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Actually, I think she'd have a lesser chance. See, although she's powerful, she's still a lone ascended being, limited by both space and time. So yeah, she can perceive a lot, but only about the place where she's at.

I agree. That's why they were destroyed

Spoiler:
                  I tend to agree with that as well. The Ori didn't see humans as a threat to them. And I suppose they believed sending Adria after the sangraal and capturing and "turning" Daniel (if you there informed about that) was enough to put a damper in the plans of the humans to use the Sangraal against them. Which was their ultimate undoing in the end.

Comment

Agreed. They thought they were invincible and that arrogance led to their destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Agreed. They thought they were invincible and that arrogance led to their destruction.
                      like most of powerful races in SG (Tollan, Goa'uld, Ancients in PG)
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

like most of powerful races in SG (Tollan, Goa'uld, Ancients in PG)
                        The Tollan were arrogant to a point but that's not what led to their doom.

Comment

so there's a consensus - everyone agrees that Merlin's toy would've worked on Adria as well
                          which admitedly sounds the most likely, so I guess I'll concur with the consensus

damn...guess we've got ourselves another plot hole/device then - add 1 more to the list :/

Comment

Actually, I forgot about the second part of the topic, and I feel that there is no plot hole.

Sg-1 did not know how to build a Sangraal. Only Merlin had that knowlege, which was lost when he died.

Vala & Mitchell were told how to assemble the last few parts, but as for actually building the whole thing and assembling most of it, that was all Merlin and it's all gone.

Even if they had another Sangraal they would still only succeed in killing Adria and the followers would still be there, so the Ark of Truth would've still been essential. Still, they couldn't have rebuilt the Sangraal.

Comment

didn't SG1 have the blueprints for the sangraal ? (even back in Camelot Kvasir said he'd studied part of them. plus now they have the asgard core and we know the asgards could assemble even ancient tech. so they should've been able to make another of those gadgets

and the followers, meh they would've been dealt with - one ship at a time ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X