This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why didn't Atlantis react to Chaya?

i was watching the first season of atlantis and something borthering me Why didn't the city react to Chaya (from Sanctuary)as it did when the Anicents from the Ship in (The Return) did why didn't the console shot out from the floor and why didn't the city become more alive when she enter the city? i thought all Ancient tech was supose to react to all Ancients?
    System Lord Remus

Maybe there is some kind of Neural link and she didn't want it too. Or it's linked to particular Ancient DNA, like ones in command.

But I don't really know as I can only vaguely remember the two episodes you're on about.

Comment

Chaya wasn't trying to activate anything in Atlantis, while the ones that show up in 'The Return' seemed to be making an effort bring Atlantis fully online. The city seems to only react when the ancients want it to.
      sigpic

Comment

I think that when the Ancients returned from the Tria they wanted to retake control of their city. Chaya wanted the fact that she was an Ancient to remain unknown. So I'm sure they can control how the city reacts in most aspects. Although she did set of an 'ancient detector' or something like that, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
          I think that when the Ancients returned from the Tria they wanted to retake control of their city. Chaya wanted the fact that she was an Ancient to remain unknown. So I'm sure they can control how the city reacts in most aspects. Although she did set of an 'ancient detector' or something like that, IIRC.
          I think that is the best bet.
          Last edited by SGASG!; 07 April 2008, 07:43 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
            yeah i surpose she didn't want them to know she was an Ancient and i don't remember her setting of any detector or alarms or anything when she got to Atlantis she may have done not sure
            System Lord Remus

Comment

I had to review the tapes
              she activated the ancient lifeform detector thingy when she put her hand on it, and she spent the bulk of her time on Atlantis hiding the fact she was an Ancient and 'playing' with Shepard

when the crew of the Tria showed up, they basicly turned around and said 'get the f outta my living room'

Comment

IIRC, I think it did. When Chaya shows up near the control center, the panels light up or something... ( vaguely recall that ).
                And McKay or someone asks how she did that and they say that she might have the gene.
                Or am i mistaken.
                Also, she likely suppressed them from popping up. The commander in chief moved her hand and then it popped up. So you have to activate it maybe. It won't popup on its own.
                And finally, she's an ascended ancient. I'm sure she has the powers to control it.

Just like Morgan LeFay in the holo room.

Comment

Originally posted by fani View Post
                  IIRC, I think it did. When Chaya shows up near the control center, the panels light up or something... ( vaguely recall that ).
                  And McKay or someone asks how she did that and they say that she might have the gene.
                  Or am i mistaken.
                  Also, she likely suppressed them from popping up. The commander in chief moved her hand and then it popped up. So you have to activate it maybe. It won't popup on its own.
                  And finally, she's an ascended ancient. I'm sure she has the powers to control it.

Just like Morgan LeFay in the holo room.
                  i agree i think the city respons differently to ascended ancients than it does to non ascended think about mogan lefay has been there for what like 10,000 years or some thing like that. it the city reacted the same way every thing would be activate and drain the zpms be for the crew from earth came
                  sigpic

Comment

I think it only reacts if you touch something, and it actually did react when she touched something

Comment

she is an ascended being, shes made up of energy who to say she even has the gene anymore

possible she didnt want it to since morgan knew how to turn things on like when she was in the holo room in which chuck says only the lights are on...
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X