PDA

View Full Version : new powerful race? Friend or foe?

g.o.d
April 6th, 2008, 10:22 AM
What race would you like to see in S5? Should it be an old and very powerful race? Or similar race to us (another Genii or Travelers)? And should they be friends or foes?

I personally would like to see someone like Lorien from B5, who still is one of my favorite characters.

jenks
April 6th, 2008, 11:20 AM
The new race(s) are probably going to be less powerful and the Wraith, and more in the gray rather than being outright friend or foe, which is probably for the best imo, makes them more interesting. The main thing that annoys me is that when the producers say 'race' they probably just mean another group of humans. :(

g.o.d
April 6th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I would like to see a representative of very powerful race who will visit Atlantis from time to time. Some very old and wise character who isn't arrogant and incompetent like the ascended. Someone like Lorien :)

Invictus
April 6th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I would like to see a representative of very powerful race who will visit Atlantis from time to time. Some very old and wise character who isn't arrogant and incompetent like the ascended. Someone like Lorien :)

You want to say Larrin, right?

jenks
April 6th, 2008, 11:47 AM
No.

g.o.d
April 6th, 2008, 11:48 AM
You want to say Larrin, right?

no! Have you seen Babylon 5?

Invictus
April 6th, 2008, 11:54 AM
no! Have you seen Babylon 5?

The commander of the Babylon 5? Or that Minbari character?

g.o.d
April 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM
The commander of the Babylon 5?

no, Lorien was the oldest being(energy being. Similar to our ascened, but unlike the ascened in SG, he wasn't an ass) in our galaxy. He helped Sheridan during the war between Vorlons and Shadows. Watch the beginning of S4 for more;)

Angelgrinder
April 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM
First of all, LET IT BE ACTUAL ALIENS! No more humans, please.

Secondly, I would appriciate if the race was kinda like Todd or Ba'al, people you cooperate with when all parts need it but you still don't know where you have 'em.

Col.Foley
April 6th, 2008, 12:12 PM
First of all, LET IT BE ACTUAL ALIENS! No more humans, please.

Secondly, I would appriciate if the race was kinda like Todd or Ba'al, people you cooperate with when all parts need it but you still don't know where you have 'em.A tace of ba'als wondersdul.
I have no problem with them being human, I would rather something new. But, it may not happen. And I do think they will be an extremly older race.

Invictus
April 6th, 2008, 12:29 PM
A tace of ba'als wondersdul.
I have no problem with them being human, I would rather something new. But, it may not happen. And I do think they will be an extremly older race.

You really think that, or you've have some info that you don't wanna share with us :D

ChipBoundary
April 6th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I personally feel they should bring back the Furlings. They never really elaborated much on them. I think they were referenced by the Asgard later on in the series as having died out but I'm not really sure on that one. Would make for a great story arc I think.

"FURLINGS
An ancient and mysterious race, about whom little is known. The Furlings were once members in an alliance of four great races, along with the Asgard, the Nox, and the Ancients.

The Furlings possessed advanced technology, including an archway device that instantaneously transports users over great distances. When SG-1 discovered the technology on an uninhabited planet Colonel Jack O'Neill and Harold Maybourne were transported to the planet's nearby moon. There Maybourne hoped to find a secret paradise, but instead found a desolate colony strewn with the remains of its long-dead colonies. If these men and women were Furlings, they were quite humanoid."

I don't believe the remains they found were the Furlings. In the episode it describes that invitations were sent out to many races for this "Utopia", including Earth. I think the Furlings realized what happened and disappeared similarly like what the Ancients did to get away from the plague.

They could come back evil or good, even perhaps neutral like the Nox.

SGASG!
April 6th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I do not know why the TPTB have not yet used the furlings in a story arc, a lot of people want them to. I hope that this new race is either the furlings or a new non-human race, although I have nothing against human races.

mickhhh
April 6th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I would like to see another branch of ancients that are still around. they would have a city ship that is different to atlantis. they would also have a few ships. not enough to fight the wraith head on but they could have been pissing the wraith off for year. like the tokra with the goauld. we would become allies with them but they would just help us with tech things and they would get us to go on missions with them like the tokra again.

i would also like to see an old and powerful race that protects some planets from the wraith and the wraith fear them. they would not be human. at first they would not think anything of us cos they would think we just steal our tech. they could maybe be the furlings and they might disagree with the asgards decisionon making us the 5th race. or maybe they come to the galaxy cos asgard contacted them when they knew they were going to die.

anima
April 6th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I think it would be interesting if the wraith thought of this new race as equals and allies as opposed to another enemy for the wraith to have to fight.

Fjord
April 6th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evil
I personally think the race will be the original inhabitants of the PG galaxy, before even the ancients arrived. I think the race has been hiding as the Wraith are more powerful than htem but now they wish to take back their galaxy as it has been ruled by the ancients and the wraith for far too long.

Good
An asgard-like race (in terms of technology not appearance) extremely advacned. After watching the their allies, the ancients, being defeated by the Wraith they decided to hide rather than outright attack the Wraith. And now htey have finally come out to meet us.

Jumper_One
April 6th, 2008, 03:19 PM
no, Lorien was the oldest being(energy being. Similar to our ascened, but unlike the ascened in SG, he wasn't an ass) in our galaxy. He helped Sheridan during the war between Vorlons and Shadows. Watch the beginning of S4 for more;)

;)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Lorien.jpg

jenks
April 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM
He's got a face like a 90 year olds arse!

ijffdrie
April 7th, 2008, 02:36 AM
if it's gonna be a furling arc, maybe we would just go explore some old ships or cities, not actually meet the furlings

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 7th, 2008, 03:00 AM
As long as they are completely alien.... not sure if they should be allies because Earths got more then enough technology necessary to help them along with people like the Travelers. I would say either evil or neutral race of beings but again they must be somewhat alien. SG-1 showed a lot more alien races then Atlantis has. Personally, I dont think it will be an SG-1 race but you never know.

RedWolf
April 7th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Or someone completely new.

No connection to the Ancients or the Alliance of Four.

A race of explorers who is new to the neigborhood of the Pegasus galaxy.

Instead of us seeking an alliance it would be them as we are the most powerful benevolent power in the neighborhood.

tjmitchem
April 7th, 2008, 06:08 AM
He's got a face like a 90 year olds arse!

Considering how old he is, he looks remarkably good :)

Gaeth
April 7th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I want something completely alien and utterly inhuman. They don't have to be evil but I certainly don't want them to be allies. I'd prefer if they simply considered humans beneath them, they might attack if humans got in their way but don't exactly have it in for us. That way can serve to add conflict but it will avoid the need to have them invade Atlantis.

As they mentioned in 'Frozen' the odds of an alien species evolving to look like us are astronomical. Many forms of life on earth are more alien looking than what we see in Sci-fi a lot: spiders, jelly fish, star fish, squid, etc. The Wraith are part human, that's fine, but only so many species can be part human before it gets old. They should look to Lovecraft, or nature itself, for inspiration.

YutheGreat
April 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM
If there were other races in the PG they would probably be Nox-like or else the Wraith and them would wipe each other out. To see who is the last man standing.

kali1
April 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
What race would you like to see in S5? Should it be an old and very powerful race? Or similar race to us (another Genii or Travelers)? And should they be friends or foes?

I personally would like to see someone like Lorien from B5, who still is one of my favorite characters.

If I had my wish, I'd say axe the Travelers and bring on an old/powerful race. What if the Alterans came back? Except this time, they aren't thousand of years old, they're a modern group; more powerful then they were 10,000 years ago....

Dax
April 7th, 2008, 07:21 PM
powerful zomg they're probly allergic to lemonz.

:mckay:

wraith form Replicator
April 8th, 2008, 04:13 AM
I think it would be interesting if the wraith thought of this new race as equals and allies as opposed to another enemy for the wraith to have to fight.

I like that idea!

Shan Bruce Lee
April 8th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I like the idea of an "old and wise" character that belongs to the new race. Kinda like a Bra'tac.

flameling
April 8th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I say Furlings, or something old but nothing super violent, I'm tired of those at nearly every chance, worst part is, they wouldn't be here long.

Archaeis
April 8th, 2008, 09:57 PM
It;ll probably just end up being the Free Jaffa zooming over with some new ship they found and demanding their own right to Atlantis.

Mitchell82
April 8th, 2008, 10:23 PM

How about someone like Q from TNG?;) While annoying he was hilarious and definately neither good nor evil.

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 9th, 2008, 06:38 AM
If I had my wish, I'd say axe the Travelers and bring on an old/powerful race. What if the Alterans came back? Except this time, they aren't thousand of years old, they're a modern group; more powerful then they were 10,000 years ago....

The Travelers actually add something as a Human force that can help Earth through its fleet of ships as Earth doesnt have a large armada of vessels but makes up for it in terms of Asgard supertech.

As for the Alterrans coming back, why? The race is supposed to be dead, I say let that drop rather then bring them back like they did in "The Return" which was a short appearance before they were butchered. The Asurans serve the role of 'bad' Ancients by using their tech and appearance. The return of the Alterrans would simply add nothing and would mean that they have some supertech with people asking "Why havent these guys conquered the universe by now with all that tech?"

Col_Ross_Buchan_SGC/SGA
April 9th, 2008, 09:43 AM
i think they should make it through the 5th Season of SGA that out of the blue The Furlings appear having recieved a message from the asgard before they killed themselves. Also they give more about themselves and the great alliance and maybe reveal more about that alliance. They could bring so much into the story against the wraith and bringing new tech along with them

Mitchell82
April 9th, 2008, 10:06 AM
i think they should make it through the 5th Season of SGA that out of the blue The Furlings appear having recieved a message from the asgard before they killed themselves. Also they give more about themselves and the great alliance and maybe reveal more about that alliance. They could bring so much into the story against the wraith and bringing new tech along with them

Never going to happen.

Jumper_One
April 9th, 2008, 01:02 PM

from JM's blog

Belouchi writes: Is season 5 Atlantis the season where we will finally see the Furlings?

Answer: Nope, sorry
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/14/march-14-2008-huge-news-on-the-book-of-the-month-front/

Constanza
April 9th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I say alien race, evil… (Perhaps a race that happened to discover the Pegasus galaxy as SGC did, but instead of explore, they come to conquer)

CobraGate
April 18th, 2008, 12:17 AM
I too would like it to be the Furlings. But as I said in a thread back when the Ausans were first being mentioned to be introduced, the Furlings should be a villian race. We have the Nox that are still around but dont help at all. The asgard sort of did, & the ancients are gone to another level & dont help. Therfore, the Furlings should be a member of the Alliance that wants to help or is evil & bad, I dont really know.

All I remember from what I had posted before was that they should have been the cause for the allience ending, & that they should be really big with four arms. & maybe blue skinned. But yeah.

Cam_Mitchell
April 18th, 2008, 02:17 AM
I would like it to be a race who the wraith can manipulate and will not run from... I really want to see the wraith take the Pegasus Galaxy but force again...

Gaz

Valos Cor
April 18th, 2008, 02:51 AM
I say a race that is equal to the humans in every way , they even found there own city ship , but theirs was floating just outside of the PG and they came from the other side of the pg , like

Milky way-------Peguses-------there home
| |
atlantis there base :P

and make it say they have almost equal tech , they have jamming technology , but instead of them meeting the asguard they encountered the furlings, whose tech was on par with them , they made an alliance with them , they shared there defensive technology which deflects energy instead of absorbing it ( so we can't use plot beams on them ..

ahhh the possibilities..

Bey0nd
April 18th, 2008, 03:24 PM

The show needs a charming villain like the ones played by Peter Jurasik or Peter Williams

AcastusKolya & Cowen were fantastic Atlantis characters

Cheshil
April 18th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I say a race that is equal to the humans in every way , they even found there own city ship , but theirs was floating just outside of the PG and they came from the other side of the pg , like

Milky way-------Peguses-------there home
| |
atlantis there base :P

and make it say they have almost equal tech , they have jamming technology , but instead of them meeting the asguard they encountered the furlings, whose tech was on par with them , they made an alliance with them , they shared there defensive technology which deflects energy instead of absorbing it ( so we can't use plot beams on them ..

ahhh the possibilities..

My idea would be something similar to this - very nearly an "alien" counterpart to the SGC. Possibly another race that, for the sake of exploration, ended up in Pegasus... But also ended up as an enemy.

It would be pretty interesting, explain the technology, but also make their impact different than the usual "show-up-and-subjugate."

SteelGate
April 19th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I'm sure I'm not the first one to say Furlings >.<

Col. Newman
April 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
I just want a new mysterious and powerful race like the ancients used to be. We need some mystery we haven't had much of that for several years now. And making them non human would be a good start. Also making them neutral would be good to.

On the subject of the Furlings:
Sure I would love to see the Furlings but I want some mystery behind it. And besides it's never going to happen, if they were going to do it they would have done it by now.

Aryk Celestis
April 21st, 2008, 12:36 PM
I may have posted this idea somewhere else but whatever:

If there's going to be a new race, then I'd like it if they were actual aliens instead of humanoids. Something like the Re'tu or the creatures from 'Foothold'.

A cool idea I thought of was that they're a race that travelled from an entirely different part of the universe and has never had anything to do with the Ancients or anyone else from 'our part of town', so to speak. Following some sort of disaster in their own galaxy, they arrive with all that's left of their race (which is still quite a lot) to settle in Pegasus. They would have Ancient-level technology but so radically different, possibly all-organic that we couldn't hope to understand or even use it if we got our hands on it; it's just too alien.

Obviously, the inhabitants of the Pegasus Galaxy wouldn't be too pleased with these creatures poking around and the Wraith would certainly try to kick them out at first. Still, these aliens wouldn't really care about human life; they'd be more in the 'grey' area and might even team up with the Wraith if they were promised their own domains within the Pegasus Galaxy, posing a significant threat to Atlantis and human inhabitants.

Platschu
June 11th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Will the new hostile race be only in 5x10-5x11? Will they return in the second half? I haven't found any spoiler about their returning. :o

5x10-5x11 spoiler question:
What if "the Asgard" is only a misdirection, because the writers would like to not reveal the name for the fans. Will the members of the new race capture Rodney and Daniel in the Ancients lab?

GoSpikey
June 11th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Some spoilers mentioned

two Asgard ships, so...

But maybe the Alien race is yet another race that's in that episode... ;)

As it states that the Wraith are at war, too?

:D

jenks
June 11th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Some spoilers mentioned

two Asgard ships, so...

But maybe the Alien race is yet another race that's in that episode... ;)

As it states that the Wraith are at war, too?

:D

Which spoilers are those?

Ltcolshepjumper
June 11th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I just want a new mysterious and powerful race like the ancients used to be. We need some mystery we haven't had much of that for several years now. And making them non human would be a good start. Also making them neutral would be good to.

Sure I would love to see the Furlings but I want some mystery behind it. And besides it's never going to happen, if they were going to do it they would have done it by now.

The Furlings are an SG-1 race. Let them stay one.

jelgate
June 11th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Didn't we agree that anyone mentioning the Furlings would be locked in a cage and thrown into the ocean.

Jumper_One
June 11th, 2008, 04:01 PM

;)

Belouchi writes: Is season 5 Atlantis the season where we will finally see the Furlings?

Answer: Nope, sorry.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/14/march-14-2008-huge-news-on-the-book-of-the-month-front/

Didn't we agree that anyone mentioning the Furlings would be locked in a cage and thrown into the ocean.

LOL :P

Col. Newman
June 14th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I could have sworn I said "it's never going to happen"... yup right there

;)