Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that Richard Dean Anderson should be in Stargate: Continuum?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think that Richard Dean Anderson should be in Stargate: Continuum?

Good old Jackie....
    I think he should... He's one of the best actors ever.
    and Jack is the best Characters in SG-1!
    I don't like Cameron... When he's telling Jack's jokes it's not funny.

Hatr'ak: Surrender or die! (Strange Accent)
    Jack: What?
    Hatr'ak: Surrender or die! (Strange Accent)
    Jack: I was going to say the exact thing.

Uhm...he IS in Continuum...they filmed it months ago

Oh, and welcome to GateWorld
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

He is in it.
      But, as I have said before. I think they should only do stuff like this if, and only if, it serves the story, not pander to fans. The story should come first. If his presence does not help the story then he should not be in it.

Comment

Continuum is supposed to be a more classic SG1 story what with the Goa'uld (Baa'l) and I think that Jack O'Neill was one of the things that made the Classic SG1 great. I'm happy that he is in this movie
        sigpic

Comment

DAMN RIGHT!! Richard dean anderson is a legend to stargate sg1!! he has to be in it

Comment

Hell yeh!

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
              He is in it.
              But, as I have said before. I think they should only do stuff like this if, and only if, it serves the story, not pander to fans. The story should come first. If his presence does not help the story then he should not be in it.
              It does serve the story. Jack has more history with Ba'al then anyone from the SGC. It makes sence for him to be there. Like in "Unending", it should have been Jack instead of Landry.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by To'kraWarrior View Post
                Good old Jackie....
                I think he should... He's one of the best actors ever.
                and Jack is the best Characters in SG-1!
                I don't like Cameron... When he's telling Jack's jokes it's not funny.
                Well, I LOVE Cameron and he doesn't tell Jack jokes, he tells Mitchell jokes and I think those are pretty funny.

I think RDA will be featured in "Continuum" because it is a
                Spoiler:
                time travel
                story that involves the Jack character. I think all the actors probably had a lot of fun filming -- both BB and AT have shared their arctic experiences in recent interviews and the RDA website has posted lots of great behind-the-scenes photographs.
                I'm looking forward to seeing the film.

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                  It does serve the story. Jack has more history with Ba'al then anyone from the SGC. It makes sence for him to be there. Like in "Unending", it should have been Jack instead of Landry.
                  Yeah I agree. I think it would have served the story better, made more sense if it was O'Neill instead of Landry in Unending(not that I dislike Landry). O'Neill was the Asgards preferred delegate when dealing with Earth over Hammond and all the others. There would of been a certain element of closure from O'Neills point of view.

If you are not going to just send SG1 or a Colonel commanding the Odessy then why not Jack as he is in charge of Homeworld Security.

Maybe they didn't want us to see our ultimate hero meeting an untimely demise. Maybe they simply couldn't get RDA to do it(although considering it was SG1's last ever episode I would hope that this wasn't the case).

I must admit it has always struck me as strange why Landry was on that mission.
                  "Sometimes we make the right decision, sometimes we make the decision right - Dr Phil," Gen. Hank Landry

Comment

It seems Landry was on that mission because they wanted to include everyone of the current main cast in the last episode.

Comment

Jack is definitely in Continuum...

Spoiler:

But for how long!?!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Jack is definitely in Continuum...

Spoiler:

But for how long!?!
                        WTF was that? Why did I click the Spoiler icon, why?!?!?

RDA is easily the best actor in Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post

And since you have seen Continuum, you know this for a fact?? No, and neither do I.
                          How could O'Neill in Unending have served the story?
                          His presence did not serve the story in 200, he was just there and people whined at how little he did.
                          That's the point. It has to serve the story. If it does not then there is no reason to have him there. If they wrote his presence in the movie to serve the story, then fine.
                          But we don't know until we actually see it.

Comment

And since you have seen Continuum, you know this for a fact?? No, and neither do I.
                            His presence did not serve the story in 200, he was just there and people whined at how little he did.
                            That's the point. It has to serve the story. If it does not then there is no reason to have him there. If they wrote his presence in the movie to serve the story, then fine.

There was a story in '200'??? I missed the memo.
                            And BTW an actor's presence doesn't have to serve the story, it has to sell the product, which RDA did brilliantly for 8 years...

Comment

Jack made the first real contact with the Asgard. He was the one they chose as Earth ambasador. It made sence for him to be there, say goodbye to them and accept the responsibility as the Fifth race as head of HW security.

As for Continuum, I don't know how big his role is there, but since the story is around Ba'al and considering the history the two characters have Jack should be there. Seeing as

Spoiler:
                              everyone attend Ba'al's execution at the begining, I doubt it would be something Jack should miss. It would be a nice circle of events and conclusion to Abyss.

There was a story in "200"?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X