Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate : Children Of The Gods - Special edition DVD

http://gateworld.net/news/2008/04/sp...i_pilot_.shtml

I don't know why, but I feel a bit disappointed, if they cut out 7 minutes from the original movie (Share's nudity etc.). The COTG is still one of the best episode in the show's history, so if they want to make special edition than they should give us new scenes, not short the old version.

I can imagine better a Lost City SE, where they put Mitchell's scenes from Avalon into the episode too.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    I can imagine better a Lost City SE, where they put Mitchell's scenes from Avalon into the episode too.
    Eh...I can imagine a better Lost City with additional scenes, but not with Mitchell. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed both SG-Goa'uld and SG-Ori, I find they're best enjoyed as separate entities. To force Mitchell into a recut Lost City would be a crude and hamhanded effort deeply in the vein of George Lucas.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    I don't know why, but I feel a bit disappointed, if they cut out 7 minutes from the original movie (Share's nudity etc.). The COTG is still one of the best episode in the show's history, so if they want to make special edition than they should give us new scenes, not short the old version.
    Yeah, I find something about shortening it to be a rather unpleasant thought. And, like it or lump it, I consider the nudity scene to be quite important in the overall telling of SG lore. It showed very plainly right from the get-go just how depraved the Goa'uld were as leaders.

That said though, I'm looking forward to seeing it presented in 16x9 with (presumably) better sound mixing.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well it can go both ways with that it can be vary good with some upgrades or it can be bad cad if they change too much
      sigpic

So now that is why I call you names, like Carol, Jane and Sue. Like Moesha, Kim and Lilly and Susanne and Betty-Lou. See, regardless of the names I pick, my feelings are quite clear; you're a pain in every day of every month of every year.

Dr.cox Scrubs

Comment

Hasn't the episode always been in 16:9 (on the DVD at least)? ANyway i cant wait for this. I'd love to see a better looking stargate puddle that matches the later seasons, and the removal of those things covered in tarp everytime the gate activated front on. I wonder how the beginning will differ? I assume they are going to change that hyrbid death glider with the rings that has never been seen else where? And maybe they'll explain how the Jaffa managed to dial out from SGC.
        Last edited by TraK; 05 April 2008, 01:42 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm confused. Are they just going to re-cut the pilot and add some extra vfx and that's it? Or are they making an entirely new movie based off this?
          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

sounds like a recut. think Star Wars special edition (without too much CGI).
            sigpic

Comment

I originally thought this was a late April Fool's Day joke... I'm so sad I was wrong.

And the episode is already in 16:9!
              This time... it's war!

Comment

This is pretty much the worst idea ever and the begining of a very painful end to the stargate series.

It just screams of selling out if you ask me. I mean look at what Lucas did to Star Wars. Over and over he re-did them and eventually it was jsut junk. I don't want that happening to Stargate!

Comment

I really, REALLY enjoyed this news!
                  I love the first episode, I always considered it a sort of movie, but with some lacks in FX, etc.

Now I'm really glad to have the opportunity to watch a remastered, recut and 'upgraded' version of the pilot, shown just as a M-O-V-I-E
                  To me they could also call it "Stargate 2"

I'm lookin' forward to it!!!

P.S.: I really LOVE George Lucas' STAR WARS' Special DVD Edition, much more than the original one (though I like it as original opera), I'm not a traditionalist
                  An Italian Gater

Comment

I'm not just talking about the snazed up SFX though. I'm talking about adding in a whole new scene with a singing alien band, im talking about writing 3 pre-qual movies taht were all flash no substance.

This is a step on the path to making all the new Stargate movies as bad as the first 3 star wars ones. I hope that doesn't happen is all.

Comment

They should hurry up and make a 3rd movie instead of this humbug...

Comment

I already paid for COTG twice.I have the longer un-censored DVD version ,and the shorter Region 2 video which already cut out the nudity and a few more scenes.

Much as I enjoyed both versions of COTG,I'm absolutely not interested in paying this time round.

I sincerely hope this isn't going to be the first of a chain of retcons framed as "new and improved".

What's next ? Skaara getting replaced by Jar-Jar ?
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                          They should hurry up and make a 3rd movie instead of this humbug...
                          Maybe this IS the third movie...
                          "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Maybe they are going to use this as an easy money maker to help get funds for a really big movie?! Otherwise, people who own Season 1 would be wasting their money IMO.

Comment

No doubt, but I'm sure I'll end up getting it anyway.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X