This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just figured out something!

I just reallized that the story of the species that created the nanite virus has never been solved.The nanites that caused the anurisms. It couldn't have been the replicators because they wanted to seek revenge on the Ancients. The Wraith didn't want to kill their food source. So who is this advanced race that reprogramed the nanites to attack people? Will they be seen in season 5?

You forget that for a long time the Asurans had a program that prevented them for killing the Ancients.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yes ,but remember Mckay changed that.

Comment

But the Hot Zone virus was created before McKay changes meaning the Asurans are still bounded not to harm the Ancients.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

so they had it to kill the wraiths food supply...

the asurans developed it on there own as a weapon against the wraith as instructed by the ancients to kill the wraith therefore the ancients studied it and destroyed the replicators for not being the weapon they wanted.

Comment

great, we’ve discovered yet another super-powerful enemy, in this galaxy that we have yet to meet!....
            ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

NO the Asurans created the virus. It was there attempt to destroy the "favorite" child of the Ancients. And since they couldn't harm ancients until Rodney came along and left the door open, they most likely made it.

Comment

If it was the Asurans then why was the virus in Atlantis. I thought the replicators lived on Asura, that's why it was easy for the Ancients to "destroy" them.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jakebolt View Post
                  I just reallized that the story of the species that created the nanite virus has never been solved.The nanites that caused the anurisms. It couldn't have been the replicators because they wanted to seek revenge on the Ancients. The Wraith didn't want to kill their food source. So who is this advanced race that reprogramed the nanites to attack people? Will they be seen in season 5?
                  I thought that the Nanites were the Asurans in the earlist form? The Asurans are Nanites after all and the Virus was meant for the Wraith.....thats the reason it didn't kill anyone with the Ancient Gene

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

It's was the Asurans that created the Nano Virus, remember that Rodney dispite the fact that he was infected he survive because he had that ATA gene. The Nano Virus is design to kill humans not Ancients, therefor i agreement with the code that the Asurans had not to harm the ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      But the Hot Zone virus was created before McKay changes meaning the Asurans are still bounded not to harm the Ancients.
                      Yeah thats the point, The Hot Zone Virus attacked HUMANS not Ancients! Thats two diffrent species! There4 it was perfectly ok for teh Asurans to create that virus to attack the Huamns of the galaxy!

The Hot Zone Virus has been solved, its time to move on from that storyline, alone with the retrovirus.
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

The fact that the nano-virus only kills humans might just be what the Ancients originally intended as a weapon against the Wraith since Wraith DNA comprises both human and Iratus bug DNA.

So maybe the Ancients wanted to kill off the specific human gene in a Wraith in order to revert it back to its original insect form and the nano-virus seemed like a logical weapon for that purpose and when come to think of it, it sorta corresponds with the Ancients' way of thinking, too.
                        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                          The fact that the nano-virus only kills humans might just be what the Ancients originally intended as a weapon against the Wraith since Wraith DNA comprises both human and Iratus bug DNA.

So maybe the Ancients wanted to kill off the specific human gene in a Wraith in order to revert it back to its original insect form and the nano-virus seemed like a logical weapon for that purpose and when come to think of it, it sorta corresponds with the Ancients' way of thinking, too.
                          Why would the Ancients want the wraith to become the bugs again?
                          It was the Iratus Bugs feeding on Humans which caused the evolution of Wraith in the 1rst place!

If you turn the Wraith back into the Iratus bugs, the circle will only happen again! I am sure if anything the ancients would have done what Carson did and turn the Wraith into Humans, But theres no evidence of this. and they would have learnt like we did, that it DON'T work!
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

That's because the Ancients themselves claimed that they were responsible for the emergence of the Wraith as a sentient species.

Maybe they did some wacky experiments on the bugs by combining human DNA with them or made them develop a taste for humans, knowing the Ancients' high moral standards they would try to reset everything back as they were before, not further complicate matters by turning a already mutated "human" back to being a normal human.
                            "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                              That's because the Ancients themselves claimed that they were responsible for the emergence of the Wraith as a sentient species.

Maybe they did some wacky experiments on the bugs by combining human DNA with them or made them develop a taste for humans, knowing the Ancients' high moral standards they would try to reset everything back as they were before, not further complicate matters by turning a already mutated "human" back to being a normal human.
                              But we don't know that the Ancients forced the evolution of the Iratus bugs into Wraith. All we known is that the ancients got stupid, did not think about the effects of adding an alien element (Humans) into an established ecosystem.

From what little we have it would seem the wraith evolution was natural. Humans where placed on Iratus bug homeworld, Bugs feed on humans, Humans alien DNA caused a mutation in the bugs, Bugs evolved into wraith, Stargate Atalntis was born.
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me

Comment

Working...
                              X