Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONTINUUM DVD: News and reviews

...according to TVShowsonDVD.com.

Following up on last month's highly-praised direct-to-DVD release of Stargate - The Ark of Truth, fans are champing at the bit for the release of the next feature-length production, Stargate - Continuum. Official word from MGM Studios and distributor Fox Home Entertainment hasn't come through yet, but the scoop we've gotten from our own contacts in the industry is this: the new DVD feature will be in stores on July 29th!

We haven't had a look at the packaging yet, nor any word so far as to cost, specs or any bonus material that might be included. But stay tuned and we'll fill you in on these topics, just as soon as we can!
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

As I suspected

Comment

July is going to be all about Stargate! We will have so much Stargate our heads will explode!
      sigpic

Comment

Hmm, SGA season 4 DVD (about $40) another $20 for Continuum....

Comment

Yes! July= Stargate! What a great time to be a fan! I'll just set aside about $60 right now and *BOOM*, come July I won't even have to worry about having to choose between Atlantis and Continuum.
          Last edited by Goauld System Lord; 03 April 2008, 03:52 PM. Reason: Forgot to add last line :-)
          sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            July is going to be all about Stargate! We will have so much Stargate our heads will explode!

Spoiler:
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              speak for yourself ......i like my head being attached and in 1 piece
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post

Spoiler:
                oh so true ....yum exploding heads .... but back on topic yay we know when its coming out yay
                This isn't Atlantis?
                I don't think so.
                If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Between BSG, SGA dvd, and Continuum, I might be hospitalized. Maybe I should let my doctor know I might need SG surrum to ween off the high.
                  Harmony to McKay: "Perhaps it would be best if you'd stop speaking, your voice hurts my ears."

Comment

Hope it is better than AoT. AoT wasn't bad i just wanted better.

Comment

Specs from TVShowsonDVD:

The cost is confirmed to be $26.98 SRP, which is the same as the previous "DTV" release of Stargate - The Ark of Truth. Running time is 99 minutes for a Widescreen (1.78:1) feature with an English - Dolby Surround 5.1 soundtrack. Subtitles in English, French, & Spanish are also on board. In addition, you'll get the following bonus content:

* Commentary with Executive Producer/Writer Brad Wright and Director Martin Wood
                      * Featurette: "The Making of Stargate: Continuum"
                      * Featurette: "Stargate Goes to The Arctic"
                      * Featurette: "The Layman's Guide to Time Travel"

Package art hasn't come out of the wormhole yet, but stay tuned and we'll bring it to you just as soon as we get it!
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/1043...inuum_news.php

Stargate Continuum Lands on July 29th
                        April 16, 2008

excerpt:

Synopsis:

While SG-1 attends the execution of Ba’al, the last of the Goa’uld System Lords, Teal’c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate program has been erased from the timeline. The remaining SG-1 members must find the Stargate and set things right before they world is enslaved by the Goa’uld.Stargate: Continuum Disc Content Specifics

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6552178.html

July Debut For Next ‘Stargate’ DVD
                        ‘Stargate: Continuum’ Timed For Comic-Con

By Kent Gibbons -- Multichannel News, 4/16/2008 6:25:00 PM

excerpts:

Continuum is more of a stand-alone movie: the Stargate team of interstellar travelers is faced with a situation where they must find the missing portal device that named the series and right a situation that sees Earth imperiled by the team's original enemy, the Goa'uld.

Cast members will appear at a key Stargate marketing venue, Comic-Con 2008 in San Diego, and the DVD will be the first Stargate adventure released in a high-definition format (Blu-Ray).

As Browder—who played Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell on the series' last two seasons—told Multichannel News in March 2007, just prior to filming Continuum: “By Friday, I'll be out on the ice. Somewhere in the Arctic. Waiting on nuclear submarines. And bears”

Comment

Oh hey, the press release!

MGM Press Release: Stargate Continuum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HISTORY MAY NEVER REPEAT ITSELF AGAIN

STARGATE: CONTINUUM

The Anticipated Feature-Length Movie Following The Ark Of Truth
                          Premieres Exclusively On DVD and Blu-Ray, July 29th
                          From MGM Home Entertainment

-Timed To Comic-Con and Packed With Bonus Features –
                          The First High Definition Stargate Release!

LOS ANGELES, CA – From MGM Home Entertainment and award-winning Producers Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper, Stargate: Continuum debuts exclusively on DVD and Blu-Ray Disc, July 29th. In this adrenaline-driven, action adventure, members of SG-1 find themselves returning to a world where their history has been dramatically altered. Continuing the legacy of “Stargate SG-1,” the longest-running, scripted, made-for television series in U.S. broadcasting history, Stargate: Continuum reunites Richard Dean Anderson as Jack O'Neill, with series favorites Ben Browder, Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Claudia Black, Golden Globe® winner and three-time Emmy Award®-winning actor, Beau Bridges and Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson.

The most northerly-filmed movie production in history, filmed partly in the Arctic, Stargate: Continuum is the most ambitious Stargate production yet, featuring incredible visual effects, out-of-this-world battle sequences and breathtaking scenes shot on the Arctic ice.

According to Producer Brad Wright, “We've got nuclear submarines, F-15's and the bone fide arctic circle. Add our fabulous cast, including Beau Bridges, William Devane and Richard Dean Anderson and you've got yourselves a movie.”

Stargate: Continuum, also being considered for the Guinness Book of World Records for “Most Northerly Film Shoot”, is packed with a host of all-new bonus content on DVD and Blu-Ray, including feature-length audio commentary with Producer/Writer Brad Wright and Director Martin Wood, as well as three featurettes. Delving into the extraordinary making of Stargate: Continuum, the featurettes explore how the US military provided assistance, such as a Navy nuclear submarine and F-15 fighter jets from the Air Force, what it was like shooting in the Arctic, and how science and science fiction collide.

The only series ever to receive the United States Air Force Seal of Approval, “Stargate SG-1” also boasts four Saturn Awards, two Gemini® Awards, nine Leo® Awards, eight Emmy® nominations and three Visual Effects Society nominations. Stargate: Continuum will be available for the suggested retail price of $26.98 U.S./$37.98 Canada. The Blu-Ray release is priced at $39.98 U.S./$49.98 Canada. Pre-book is July 2.

Marketing Support:
                          MGM Home Entertainment will support the Stargate: Continuum DVD release with a massive marketing and media campaign targeting the key demographic, encompassing network and cable television advertising, integrated online and viral promotions and select brand partnerships. The release will also be supported by a comprehensive publicity campaign, highlighted by cast participation and news generating events and stunts timed to Comic-Con 2008.

Synopsis:
                          While SG-1 attends the execution of Ba’al, the last of the Goa’uld System Lords, Teal’c and Vala inexplicably disappear into thin air. Carter, Daniel and Mitchell race back to a world where history has been changed: the Stargate program has been erased from the timeline. The remaining SG-1 members must find the Stargate and set things right before they world is enslaved by the Goa’uld.

Stargate: Continuum Disc Content Specifics:
                          The Stargate: Continuum DVD is presented in widescreen format in English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Surround and English, French and Spanish subtitles.

DVD Special Features:
                          1 Audio Commentary with Executive Producer/Writer Brad Wright and Director Martin Wood
                          2 The Making of Stargate: Continuum featurette
                          3 Stargate Goes to the Arctic featurette
                          4 The Layman’s Guide to Time Travel featurette

Stargate: Continuum Blu-Ray Disc Content Specifics:
                          The Blu-Ray release will be authored in BD-Java with AVC (MPEG 4 compression) on a single-layer 25 GB disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio plus French 5.1 Dolby Digital and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital subtitles. The disc features all of the above special features.

Stargate: Continuum
                          DVD Price: $26.98 U.S. / $37.98 Canada
                          Blu-Ray Price: $39.98 U.S./$49.98 Canada
                          Street Date: July 29, 2008
                          Prebook Date: July 2, 2008
                          Running Time: 99 mins.
                          Catalog Number: M110913
                          MPAA: NR
                          Language: English
                          Subtitles: English/French/Spanish
                          Closed Captioned YES

Comment

Thanks for the news prion

I really like the sound of this:
                            Stargate: Continuum, also being considered for the Guinness Book of World Records for “Most Northerly Film Shoot”
                            It would be fantastic if 'Continuum' actually does ges into the Guinness Book of Records

Comment

I can't wait til Continuum comes out. I looked up the numbers and Ark of Truth was the number #1 DVD best-seller for a while on Amazon and sold over 350,000 copies in the first two weeks. I can only imagine what Continuum will do.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Fanpage on Facebook----------------------------------- Stargate Launcher on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X