Ori Stargates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Stargates?

We'd only seen glimpses of one world and Celestus in SG-1, so I thought all of that took place on one planet. This made the Milky Way invasion make sense to me, because instead of one world, they could have an entire galaxy of worshippers. In the movie, we see that the Alterans had to hide their ship inside a mountain, so the Ori were clearly anti-technology. Further, there's a guy in the movie who mentions other Ori worlds. How exactly do these villagers get from world to world, because it can't possibly be by ship? Do they use Stargates? If the Stargates weren't invented until after the Alterans left, does this mean that the Ori had to invent Stargates on their own? This is one huge question that I felt the movie should have answered. I'd have liked to see the SG-1 team use an Ori Stargate to get to Celestus while the Oddyssey flies on over.

RCC said that the Ori developed supergate technology after their ascention, so I would imagine that they learnt how to build normal stargates as well. I agree that it would have been really cool to see one in the movie
    sigpic

Comment

It would have been very cool to see Ori Stargate's; I imagined white gates with Ori-like gate symbols instead of the two types we've seen in Milky Way and Pegasus, but I guessed they would have just used ships with the ring platforms built into them to get around/and or transporters.
      sigpic

Comment

Well AoT left quite a few questions on the Ancient front. We don't know whether Celestis was the homeworld of the Ancients as a whole or whether they had ruled the entire galaxy or what. We do know that Amelius created the Stargates and some Ancient technology was left behind so its possible that the Ori either reverse engineered the Stargates or had a parallel research program that created them or simply never had them until ascension.

It remains to be seen whether the Ori galaxy has Stargates. I mean presumably they do considering the Prior was sent to the Milky Way galaxy which can only be done through adding power to the Stargate allowing for extra-galactic travel. Plus, there would need to be a Stargate system to connect the various Human worlds so that the Prior can spread the faith and such a system would explain how the anti-Ori underground seems to be well connected. Mind you, its possible the Ori made use of transport ships to deliver the Priors to the various worlds considering we saw ring platforms delivering a Prior, Daniel and Vala to the Plains of Celestis.

Ultimately, unless one of TPTB or a movie or the series elaborate on it, we simply have speculation.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

super rings. not gates, super powerful rings =p

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
            super rings. not gates, super powerful rings =p
            Haha super rings! That cracked me up for some reason.

Yeah they could use rings but considering the matter stream has to travel light years to go from one planet to another which is essentially the same as how stargates work except no wormholes are formed, some form of subspace link may be needed for that to work. And if it does work I wonder why the Ancients didn't invent that instead?
            "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty_Wookie View Post
              It would have been very cool to see Ori Stargate's; I imagined white gates with Ori-like gate symbols instead of the two types we've seen in Milky Way and Pegasus, but I guessed they would have just used ships with the ring platforms built into them to get around/and or transporters.
              They likely had gates but probably just one in Celestis.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

MY imagining has the symbols light up in the same way that the Ori ring systems do upon activation. No doubt that the Ori rings are far more esthetically pleasing than the rings we saw for ten years on SG1.
                CNN is the modern day equivalent of Cold War Pravda
                and Izvestia

Comment

My guess is that the Ori galaxy as a very limited amount of stargates(maybe only one or two) and those are only used by the priors. And instead the Ori people use the rings.

My assumptions are all based on the idea that the Ori wish to limit what thier people know. And the best way to limit that is to restrict their movements as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                    My guess is that the Ori galaxy as a very limited amount of stargates(maybe only one or two) and those are only used by the priors. And instead the Ori people use the rings.

My assumptions are all based on the idea that the Ori wish to limit what thier people know. And the best way to limit that is to restrict their movements as much as possible.
                    My guess is
                    Spoiler:

is more than a gateway for Adria to Celestis but a much more advanced "Stargate".
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      My guess is
                      Spoiler:

is more than a gateway for Adria to Celestis but a much more advanced "Stargate".
                      I like that idea!! It would sure make sense

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                        I like that idea!! It would sure make sense
                        Sounds pretty good to me too.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think that's an awesome description for an Ori Stargate Almighty_Wookie! Better than what I thought up of (a standard Stargate with something like yellow chevrons). I like your description better!
                          sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

i wish we saw one in the ark of truth but who knows maybe we go to the ori galaxy in universe
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                              Well AoT left quite a few questions on the Ancient front. We don't know whether Celestis was the homeworld of the Ancients as a whole or whether they had ruled the entire galaxy or what. We do know that Amelius created the Stargates and some Ancient technology was left behind so its possible that the Ori either reverse engineered the Stargates or had a parallel research program that created them or simply never had them until ascension.

It remains to be seen whether the Ori galaxy has Stargates. I mean presumably they do considering the Prior was sent to the Milky Way galaxy which can only be done through adding power to the Stargate allowing for extra-galactic travel. Plus, there would need to be a Stargate system to connect the various Human worlds so that the Prior can spread the faith and such a system would explain how the anti-Ori underground seems to be well connected. Mind you, its possible the Ori made use of transport ships to deliver the Priors to the various worlds considering we saw ring platforms delivering a Prior, Daniel and Vala to the Plains of Celestis.

Ultimately, unless one of TPTB or a movie or the series elaborate on it, we simply have speculation.

We do know that the Ori and the Ancients were "family". Didn't they mention that they left their brothers and not kicked them out? I don't see how the Celestis could have been the home world. Or maybe the Ancients moved out and kept keeping in touch or something until the Ori severed their connections (over the whole wraith thing or whatnot). Because the Ori chose to be selfish and mean while the Ancients were considered good. Or I am on the completely wrong path here...

Comment

Working...
                              X