PDA

View Full Version : Revolution (new Vancouver-based scifi series)

prion
April 2nd, 2008, 03:14 AM
April 2nd 20008

First there was Stargate, then The 4400 and Battlestar Galactica, and now it appears Vancouver may have yet another locally made sci-fi series. A new "space opera" style pilot called Revolution is about to start shooting here, with plans for a full series if the show ends up getting enough viewers. It takes place on a distant planet, and centres around two families on opposite sides of a revolutionary war-like conflict. Still no word on who will star in the pilot.

Be interesting to see what happens with this one.

April 2nd, 2008, 03:30 AM
20008!!! i cant wait 18000 years :(

DigiFluid
April 2nd, 2008, 03:54 AM
I would've thought that The X Files would've been among the first science fiction series filmed in Vancouver, not Stargate.

gopher65
April 4th, 2008, 05:33 AM
This sounds halfway interesting. Have they released a likely airdate yet? Early 09 I assume.

Trek_Girl42
April 4th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Who'll be airing it? SCI-FI? A major network? Another cable channel? Is it *gasp* for a Canadian channel? (as if)

Tal-Galahad
April 5th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Who'll be airing it? SCI-FI? A major network? Another cable channel? Is it *gasp* for a Canadian channel? (as if)

SciFi will air it if they decide to give it a first season. They are prepping the pilot right now if I understood things right.

First Cast decision: Billy Campbell (The 4400) will take one of the lead roles.

Forseti
April 5th, 2008, 11:31 AM
This show sounds really exciting. I can't wait. I wish USA were picking it up instead of SCI FI. I know it's a SciFi show and all, but USA is the biggest channel on cable, it's looking to expand into three hours of original shows three days a week, and a science fiction night might fit that bill.

Then again, they are both owned by the same network, so it's not a big deal :P

Trek_Girl42
April 5th, 2008, 03:04 PM
First Cast decision: Billy Campbell (The 4400) will take one of the lead roles.
Billy Campbell! Awesome! :D

the fifth man
April 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Billy Campbell! Awesome! :D

I agree. I like him as an actor, so for that alone I'll give it a shot.