This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to remember a miniseries

it was from the mid 90's methinks, it was about an old time traveller searching through time for the components of a weapon to stop it falling into the wrong hands (the weapon was all glowy and pearlescent), he picks up a guy from the present day to help him, and later a girl from a dystopian future. his time machine was kind of like a winnebego, and the bad guy was a bald black guy with a time machine that was like a humanoid suit, dark red. in the end it turned out that the old guy was the bad guy and the bald guy was a good guy working for the government...

any ideas?
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

All I have to says is: Wow! I have absolutely no clue. Where did this show air? Who produced this? US, Canada, UK, etc?

Comment

Sounds like some kind of rip off of Doctor who to me.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by AnUbIs2004 View Post
        All I have to says is: Wow! I have absolutely no clue. Where did this show air? Who produced this? US, Canada, UK, etc?
        i think it was american, but it could have been canadian.
        i think it was only one season, or never meant to be more, (i seem to remember the finale left no room for expansion), i was only a kid when i saw it and it was on about 10 or 11 am on a saturday in the UK probably '96 or '97, it could have been re-runs but if i remember the effects it can't have been that old at the time, or at least no older than quantum leap.

and i'd probably say it was more of a back to the future rip off than doctor who, the mad scientist that you thought was good but turned out to be the bad guy reminded me of doc brown.
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

sounds like something i'd watch, don't know it though

'stump' the shark
          ^^could ask him

time travel tv series wiki page
          ^^might be on there

badmovies.org tv forums
          ^^might not work unless you're a member

tv series list
          ^^that list seems fairly comprehensive, have a look through it as well
          Last edited by rlr149; 03 April 2008, 01:51 PM.
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Sounds kind of like the 4 part mini-series "Josh Kirby: Time Warrior".

Comment

Originally posted by ficmonk View Post
              Sounds kind of like the 4 part mini-series "Josh Kirby: Time Warrior".
              that's totally it!! thankyou
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              Quotes!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X