PDA

View Full Version : AoT delay on Amazon.co.uk?

Calhoun
April 1st, 2008, 03:06 PM
Okay, so the "Ark of Truth" isn't due out in the UK until 28th of April. Like many people, I've pre-ordered my copy, but a month ago Amazon (UK) emailed to say that the AoT release date had been put back, and it would now arrive in the first half of May. Never mind, these things happen, and after waiting so long, it's only another fortnight or so anyway.

But... I went onto Amazon today to cancel an order (not AoT), and afterwards I noticed that the dispatch estimate for the film is now 3rd of June, with delivery being sometime mid-June (since, being a cheapskate, I always select Super-Saver Delivery)!

What gives?! Has the UK release been put back another month or so? Are other retailers (either online or high street shops) experiencing the same delays? Or is Amazon just punishing me for daring to cancel an order?!

Any info would be greatly appreciated; if this is just Amazon, I'll probably cancel my order for AoT and buy it elsewhere. If not, I'll just have to wait it out... for another two months! :mad:

jenks
April 1st, 2008, 03:15 PM
Ignore the dispatch estimate, chances are that you'll just get it when it's released. What I'm more concerned about is the fact that the UK release seems to be shorter than the US one...