Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merlino's story: please explain me some things!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlino's story: please explain me some things!

Hi!
    I've just found a potential, huge plot-hole

We know Merlin discended and began building the Sangraal, but where?
    If on Earth, how could he travel through the Galaxy without a Stargate?
    The Giza one was still buried, the Antarctic one was in the ice.

If on another planet, how could he travel to Earth (founding the Arthurian mythology, by the way) and hide all the 'treasures' under Glastonbury?!

Please, help me find out!!!
    An Italian Gater

According to sources, the Giza gate was brought to Earth by Ra and buried when he left. The Ancients never used it.

There was roughly 5,000 years between the Ancients' return to Earth and Ra's occupation of the planet ("Rising", "Moebius").

Depending on how deeply buried in the ice the Antarctic gate is, it's possible that Merlin could still have used it a few hundred years ago (during the Medieval period--400-1450AD) and it was re-buried in the intervening time.
    Last edited by Jeffala; 01 April 2008, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Yes, I believe so: Merlin must have used the Antarctic gate and moved to Old England with some little ship, like a jumper or something
      An Italian Gater

Comment

Its possible the Antartica gate was used at the time before something happened that resulted in it being buried in the ice. If not that, then possibly a ship that was stashed on the planet before the Ancients ascended.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Or he started it on another planet, and visited earth using a jumper (or other ship)..

Comment

Well in the end, Merlin was active beyond Earth since it was implied or hinted that it was he who was responsible for moving those Human tribes from the Mideval ages to other worlds such as Camelot. His primary base seemed to be beneath the Glastonbury Tor though considering the treasures there that started the whole Ori incident. Plus, some of his experiments were conducted through the use of phasespace like with the device in "Arthur's Mantle".

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
            X